New chat system

primd4l94primd4l94 Posts: 22Approved Member Beginner
It is about time the chat system gets some love. When I say chat system, I mean in-game public chat, but also friend messaging.

While most people ask for content, all I ask for is an updated chat system. It is annoying how you can't get to write coherent sentence in-game due to low maximum input field. Also, using different sorts of symbols is very difficult. Using apostrophe will change your text type from perhaps normal into green officer chat or some garbage. It makes proper English impossible. While it isn't life or death, it sure as hell improves the quality of the actual game, rather than content. We need better FEATURES ,people, not new half-done features.

TL;DR
Chat system needs a rework.
1) Longer max symbols in chat. (Before you say "spamming incoming", it's already there, won't make a difference in that aspect.)
2) Using symbols for different sorts of chat is stupid (i.e. #, &, ', and so forth) as it interferes with normal typing of most languages. Adapting chat system from other games would be a benefit (i.e. /p or /g)

CynnisterM1RACLE

Comments

• CynnisterCynnister Posts: 110Approved Member Trainee
    I agree with you on this 100%. I think they should fix what we have, once that is 100% move on to other ideas. 
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~Cynnister~
    But let's be sure Papaya's priorities are CRYSTAL CLEAR.  Get the LOGIN PROBLEMS solved first, absolutely the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.  THEN move onto d-shop and chat and game bug issues.  The Papaya Forums could use some re-thinking too!  (Old postings not editable for starters...come on!)
    primd4l94Cynnister
  • Alii031Alii031 Posts: 342Approved Member Intermediate

@PappyPlay I totally agree on that!

could I add here that I think the color text for alliance should be changed to a different color? I love the color for guild though. the alliance color is very similar to the "whisper". I have had added people to guild and send "welcome" through the alliance and they send a whisper back. I could see why as their just a bit off color from eachother.

also for friend lists-if there was a way to make it so if your away, your friends will know. I think I suggested this way back with gamehi and I remembered maybe try to suggest again. ^^

PappyPlay
  • M1RACLEM1RACLE Posts: 8Approved Member
    I like the idea. Thumbs up to this. (Y)
  • hypedgeekgaming05hypedgeekgaming05 Posts: 1Approved Member Beginner
    I agree with this.
  • CynnisterCynnister Posts: 110Approved Member Trainee
    @PappyPlay

You are 100% right as well. The game has to come first. Get the people logged in and STABLE. Then focus on the smaller bugs. But they should have a forum team on at least three days week. Plus, we really need some forum moderators here to clean a lot of this crap and troll spam up.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    ~Cynnister~