Semper Idem Materials

BloodMoonCryBloodMoonCry Posts: 29Approved Member Beginner
Would it be possible to make Topaz, Amethyst, and Tourmaline tradeable?
I think doing so would do a couple things.

1. Make doing daily duex profitable.
2. Help all players get a decent pvp ring.

After reading threads about this ring in the past it is possible to farm CA in 10 mins, which maybe yields 1 of these. So even with that on a character that has a lot of purchase points, you need a 2nd char if you want to beat it or party with a friend (doing so splitting drops makes it take twice as long).

10 min runs with from my experience is about a 60% chance to get one of the 3 materials.
5 of each is needed.
15 total.
So then 15 = X * .60
X = 25 runs
25 runs = 250 minutes.

Also 25 runs x 2k purchase points (since you get 1k back at the end of the 3k spent)
That's 50k purchase points per attempt.
So good luck if you have a 2nd char that you just want to help farm with that doesn't have enough purchase points.

This is all subjective to rng and actual results will vary of course.
But essentially you need to spend 4 hours NONSTOP farming with no breaks, not including any downtime between dungeons to try to + this ring.

From what I've read in the past from +4 to +5 is a 20% chance of succeeding.
So from +4 to +5 alone that is 20+ hours NONSTOP farming to get it +5.
Including obtaining the ring and +1 to +4 that is easily doubled if not tripled.

Perpetuus takes a long time to farm and I feel that's okay since that's like the one ring everybody wants for end game.
But there are no really accessible decent rings to farm for that are easier by margin to get.
Also, I do think it would be good to let players to have a better chance of competing making this more accessible.
And it's not fair to players who missed NX cash grab event when these materials were in the Dshop or to those who didn't want to spend money on it(But there are quite a few items like that too from NX times).

I see no reason why these materials to make the ring are binded.

tldr; Make Amethyst, Topaz, and Tourmaline unbinded

Comments

• EnergeticsEnergetics Posts: 39Approved Member Beginner
    1st of all, I dont think that semp materials have even been once in dshop, so this is only farmed ring.

2nd of all, the materials are all binded and should stay so. If you have known that this is the 2nd strongest single ring in game for pvp (right after perp), then you would agree with me and as well would agree that its good as long as you can use only 1 of this (semp is way stronger than mdn or mwr if you compare 1-1).
  • SnayderDkSnayderDk Posts: 6Approved Member Beginner
    it item, need Jade to? or only Topaz, Amethyst, and Tourmaline??

• SnayderDkSnayderDk Posts: 6Approved Member Beginner
    AH, i found =D
  • SojuPayToLoseSojuPayToLose Posts: 240Approved Member Trainee
    Took me 3+ month to get +5 semp ring after 18+ fails but all i farm was maze dg and few ca dgs.