Lack of information...

Something that I've noticed is the lack of information in the guides section as well as some players in game not willing to help newer players for whatever reason.I've asked a few players in game that are the similar class as I am for any tips on skill build and never receive a response back from them even though I clearly see them moving around the town going from shop to shop.It might be because of the gold spammers but honestly I don't know anymore.

It would be nice if the GMs hosted an event on the forums encouraging players to write helpful guides for each class that details skill build,stat build,and what gear/brands/gems they should have.It can be a simple but extremely helpful event and can have up to 3 winners per class or less(up to the GMs).Prizes would have to be decided on by the GMs as well as the winners of said event.

I just think that any new players who come to the forums looking for information on their class will be disappointed at the lack of information so this would be nice!

Comments

• PappyPlayPappyPlay Posts: 293Approved Member Intermediate
    edited September 2016
    Your idea isn't bad.  The guides could use some good upgrading, although they've never been too good as far as skill build (or usage) advice.  One of the players from Nexon days had some good posts for skills building for all the classes.  (Not sure, it may have been PokerFace..)  But I think some of that depends on the skills you have the best ability with. There are many "approaches" and different skill builds with each class.

But a couple of reasons some may avoid helping new players;
    1/ Language problems (a lot of players don't have English language skills)
    2/ Noobs don't tend to "stick around".  I've helped many newer players through my guild, giving them gears, dils, helping them through the maps, and so on,  And within a few days, I never hear from them again.  (They either quit the game or join another guild.) I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced this.  So, after several "bad hits", I feel like I'm wasting my time on noobs.

• bloodycrazybloodycrazy Posts: 6Member Beginner
    I understand the language barrier and that was one of my first suspicions.Usually isn't a good idea to give new players items and money when they have barely started.Most players usually jump around characters before finally deciding to stick to one they like also they are high risk when it comes to quitting the game later on down the road but I understand where you are coming from.
  • aymankudoaymankudo Posts: 60Approved Member Beginner
    well for new players who join game lately or old players who left game on old times and come back if they need any help with any class they easy can post a topic on forum and players will answer that easy

also making guide in a game will take time there is already a guide but its out of date since old time 

making a well and Nice guide for new players will take along maybe also efforts from players 
    scars on the back are a swordsman's shame
  • bloodycrazybloodycrazy Posts: 6Member Beginner
    I've seen people ask for help in the specific class area and receive no response.Some of the topics are old and have 0 replies.Sorry but people apparently need an incentive to help one another so this event would make it rewarding for people who write a good and detailed guide.
    edited September 2016
    Most of the players tend to discuss stuff either in "General", "Technical", or "Tips" from what I've noticed on these Papaya forums, regardless of the specific topic, or so it seems.  Even with the Nexon Forums, eventually people got away from "Class Discussions".

Maybe take a shot at posting some of your questions on the General Discussions tab?  Just an idea.

Or someone could write the book "Dekaron For Dummies (A Guide For The Rest Of Us)".....lmao!
  • DrunkenkickDrunkenkick Posts: 148Approved Member Trainee
    edited September 2016
    @bloodycrazy
    I find that the reason these people dont respond fall under the following:
    1.  Language barriers - Limited English use (or non at all)
    2.  They themselves aren't 100% in their knowledge of said class
    3. They dont want to help due to end game play being highly competetive and they dont wish to have others with their 'knowledge' to compete against; 

Your suggestion is a great idea and there has been talk of a wikia being made/been made [http://wiki.papayaplay.com/dekaron/doku.php?id=story] but as it stands, I've also been intermittenly active player over the last 10 years, played every class so I could figure out there strengths and weakness in attempts to actively compete against stronger players than myself, "You only get stronger by fighting a stronger opponent " is a credo I live by.

I've been called a Deka Wiki by various players - something I'm not sure if i should be proud of or it means I've gone full nerd.

I'm very similar to @PappyPlay in the sense that I will often go out of my way to help noobs learn about their chosen class, which accessories to use for said class and best areas to grind/farm/dill make.
    As far needing an incentive for the mass population, I doubt an event such as this would be fueled by players unless its an outragous reward (which IMHO, should never take place).
    I'm not always active on forums, but I'm pretty active in game, I'm the avatar so if you see me in game {this also goes for any1 reading} and need tips, advice or general information about classes, quests, drops etc, just drop me a msg and I will endeavour to get back to you if im busy at that time.

If it helps, you can mail me in game and you can AMA. IGN: AvatarKorra

Ninja Edit 1: Spelling
    Ninja Edit 2: Wiki Link

PappyPlay
    Air above me, earth below me, water around me, fire within me.  #F*ckDesolation
    Good advice @Drunkenkick  I think that the Wiki Guide would be a good place for people to add game information.  (It's a little limited in it's current state.)  I'm assuming it's like Wikipedia in general, that anyone can change / update the information.  I find the most confusing parts of the game are in keeping up with new variations of accessories and gear/weapons.  And I've yet to fully understand the pet system.  (When I started playing, it was simple....you could get "A PET" to pick stuff up.)

There are some good YouTube videos for playing the dungeons, dead fronts and even DK Square, although some of them are a out-of-date..

Back in the days of GameHi, my Guild Leader wrote the guides for the web page that were available even when Nexon took over,  BUT they never kept them up to date.  (They offered her a GM position but she moved on to "bigger-n-better" things.)  But the key to any of these guides is KEEPING THEM CURRENT.

And Drunkenkick is right, you don't want to divulge your personal killing skills for obvious reasons.  That's the "beauty of the game"!