Forum system not great

TotinosBoyTotinosBoy Posts: 8Member Beginner
I know the mods are in love with every comment being put in a queue for approval but it is very noncondusive to discussion. You basically have to wait 1-2 days to reply to someone and another 1-2 days to see thier reply back to you. Some threads just get lost in the ether. It is not worth the trouble for me to really participate.

Maybe put a 5-10 post probation for new users or something but it really needs a change before the week of launch to get real time threads going.

Comments

• AegelweardAegelweard Posts: 351Member Intermediate
    I have never had issues with posting on the forums neither do I remember having to wait for 1-2 days for my posts to be approved. Or maybe I just did not notice that.

Though this system might be somewhat inconvenient it offers good protection against spam bots that flooded OGP.
    "Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner 
  • dinacoladadinacolada Posts: 0Member Beginner
    As @Aegalweard mentioned, the restriction is definitely for spam protection. As for your suggestion, I do believe a system, where users have to submit a number of posts before their accounts are designated as "unrestricted", is already in place :). The delay while your posts are in queue are likely because Papaya is primarily concerned with launch prep. I imagine the approval time will improve significantly after La Tale is live