[NOTICE] Common Problems and Solutions - UPDATED

[LT]Eris[LT]Eris Posts: 109LT GM Trainee
edited March 2018 Technical Support
Dear Players,

Below are common problems and solutions you may face when trying to play La Tale. Please find your solution below.

1. I am receiving "Incorrect resource version" error when trying to log in.
The server is undergoing maintenance or your game needs to be updated. Exit the client and restart the game through La Tale Launcher. You will be able to connect once the server is live.

2. I am receiving "Security mode has been updated" error, kicking me out of the game.
Delete the GameGuard folder inside your client installation directory. By default this folder is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\La Tale\. If you are installing through Steam, this folder can be found by going to Library → right-click on "La Tale - Evolved" → select "Properties" → open tab "Local Files" → click "Browse Local Files". If this does not resolve your issue, please send a support request, including a zipped copy of all the .ERL files in your GameGuard directory as an attachment.

3. I cannot click the bottom part of my screen to access the menu.
The game has a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768. If your system resolution is close to this size you may not be able to access all buttons in Windowed mode. We suggest playing in Fullscreen or Borderless mode. You can change this option from within the game by pressing Esc → Options  Resolution  selecting "Fullscreen" or "Borderless".

4. I am disconnecting frequently from the game or experiencing severe delays.
Degraded service connection quality can be caused by many factors. Ensure that your bandwidth is not being used heavily by any other service while enjoying the game, such as downloading games or streaming HD video. You can estimate your connection quality by going to a website such as www.speedtest.net and selecting a server on eastern continental United States.

5. My items in the Gift Bundle have disappeared.
Certain unclaimed event items in the Gift Bundle are deleted at the conclusion of the event period. All items in the Gift Bundle that are unclaimed after 180 days are automatically deleted.

6. I can't upgrade to second job class at level 50.
Make sure you at least 3 open slots in each tab in your inventory before attempting the process. Purchase a "Desert Class Upgrade Center Warp Capsule" from any Tool Shop NPC under the "General Tools" category to reach the class upgrade center.

7. I can't complete the scenario quest "Subclass".
You must change classes to your subclass before you are able to complete this quest. Purchase an "Orca Area Warp Capsule" from any Tool Shop NPC under the "General Tools" category to go to the subclass switch area.

8. I can't reuse a name of a character that I deleted.
All character names are permanent once used, even if the character has been deleted.

9. I am receiving an error from nProtect GameGuard with gibberish message.
This error usually occurs due to a conflict with your anti-virus software. Disable your anti-virus software and try running the game again.

10. I am receiving an error relating to WerFault.exe, preventing me from loading the game.
This error usually occurs due to a conflict with your anti-virus software. Disable your anti-virus software and try running the game again.

11. I cannot log into my Papaya Play account through Steam La Tale.
Papaya Play accounts are separate from Steam La Tale accounts. You will need to create a new Steam La Tale account if you wish to play through the Steam portal, and you are unable to use existing Papaya Play accounts.

12. I am receiving "Wrong file size" error at the launcher when updating the game.
This error occurs when your connection to the patch server is unstable. Ensure your connection quality is good and try again.

13. I am receiving "Access Authentication Denied. ErrCode=[1]" when trying to log into the client.
The game client does not support special characters in your password. Remove any special characters from your Papaya Play account password and try again.

14. I purchased an item in the store but did not receive my item, even though my LTC balance was deducted.
This is a known issue. Please send a support request under the Billing category.
Raichu21ruifeng5887

Comments