Fixing The Business Idea of WarRock - F2P is $$$

TheRedEyeTheRedEye Posts: 36Member Beginner
Hello. I'm Jynx, TheRedEye here on forums, No1k1llme IGN. I started WarRock in spring 07. I think WarRock has a huge potential to be a great FPS game. I'm no longer an active player since I don't find any reason to play P2WIN games full of cheaters. I'm here to give PapayaPlay a couple hints how they would get me again as a customer of WarRock and not only me. For 100% sure many many many more customers. Please read before you comment. Time to make WarRock great again!!!

This thread is about balancing the business idea of WarRock which currently is totally fked up. I have a couple ideas how WarRock should be organized.

The current business and money income plan is this:

When new players try WarRock for the first time they gets totally crushed by P2WIN weapons and the game forces these new players to either:

1. Play F2P weapons and keep getting crushed by unfair business. This is very frustrating for new players and they think this game sucks and they either quit or they start hacking for a while but still, they quit.

2. Invest a HUGE amount of money for better weapons and all kind of unfair advantages. Not many people have hundreds of dollars/euros to invest for this type of game. There's other FPS games available.

Very simple but terrible idea for making money. This business has destroyed the number of players we've had. This is the business plan WarRock should use in my opinion:

1. All weapons should be available for everyone, but with level caps. Every single gun should be purchable with dinars. Level cap gives player a reason to grind levels for new guns. Other weapons slots and PX items should be F2P and purchable with dinars. Buying a lot extra slots and weapons causes player to run out of dinars. This will cause player to purchase Premium for more dinars % xp. Of course everything would be purchasable with IRL cash also, but the main this is the game MUST be F2P.

2. Remove all current supply boxes. Never ever sell permanent weapons or release them as prizes from boxes. These will ruin the meaning of dinars which are the biggest possible money income causers. Low down character skin prices and remove all skin stats. Or keep the stats but only for zombie mode. F2P will provide the money.

Your goal is to make player run out of dinars and then offer customers faster way to grind weapons. This is the way I would consider investing money for WarRock. I would never invest money only because I'm not able to contest other players without P2WIN weapons.

So here's everything you need to improve your business to next level:

1. Do NOT release any bonus EXP/Dinar events. Bonus gains should be only available for special days like Xmas.
2. Make sure you won't sell permanent weapons.
3. Remove leaning. It causes so much bugs in game.
3. Make this game F2P just like I mentioned.
4. Balance the weapons. I support korean version just like @killingtime does in hes thread.
5. SMS Verification. Max 3 account/phone number. Will cause the end of cheating.
6. Decrease lag. Game code is broken. Ye it's hard to fix other coders mess but the community would provide help for sure. Also invest for more servers after all previous is done.
7. Now you're ready to start advertising. DO NOT ADVERTISE GAME YET WHEN IT'S STILL FULL OF LAG, CHEATERS AND BUGS.
8. I don't require this but the game would be AWESOME with some sort of solo ranked system. Yes it's completely up to DE but it's just a wet dream.

Please show me support in this thread. Also if I'm wrong with something please tell me. Or do you have a better solution for this situation? Share your thoughts.

Thank you and good luck with your games soldiers.
KillingtimePurifyWaligromPonurydistortionURLBadmanUAmyzhikdaveadams248Imziic

Comments

• KillingtimeKillingtime Posts: 246Member Trainee
    First of all YES, this would make WR way more popular 100% surely.

And then few comments about your ideas etc.

1. About EXP/Dinar events & making money as a F2P.

I agree, these events should be only for special holidays like Xmas etc. like 1-4 times a year.

And another ways they can have exp/dinar "events" is selling stuff like "Event master" -room master item that would last just 1 game and would provide all players in the room like 50% or 100% EXP & Dinar and it could cost like 100 or 200 WRC. Maybe 100WRC for 50% and 200WRC for 100%?

Also you get super master from premium but there could be another separately sold room master item like "Ultimate master" -room master item could give all players in the room 25% EXP & Dinar and would cost 1000WRC for 30 days.

Also these special room master rooms could even skip the room number order and became "NR 0/01/02" etc. therefore showing up on the first page.

These would be great fair ways to make money and would be great way for people to help their friends to level up/gain some dinar if they can't purchase anything by themselves.

And there are also many more nice ways to make money without being pay2win, Papaya can just ask help from players and surely we will have a lot nice ideas!

2. About supply boxes and Permanent weapons.

Supply boxes could stay but they should be changed a lot, first of all the percentage of win chance should be shown and there should be a chance of dropping a key after a match and the chance would depend on how long the game you played was, like 5min or less=0.5% chance, 10 min=1% chance etc.

And the weapon/item durations and duration chances should be balanced so that on average you won't get weapons much more cheaper from the boxes, but just a little bit if you are lucky, chance of winning any weapon for permanent should be like 0.1% so once out of
    1000 boxes.

This way it wouldn't really do any harm as far as I'm aware, if you feel other way feel free to let me know.

Also other boxes like mystery box from Nexon era, those again are just plain bad, prizes can be super random and unrelated etc. really disliked those boxes, might as well get rid of them and use the supply boxes for same purpose and just chance the main prize in those boxes for special events etc. or like whenever you want to sell new skins.

And yeah they shouldn't sell anymore permanent weapons easily like now, just leave them in the supply boxes with super small chance and don't have other ways of getting them, also leaving some of the old packages from Nexon was already a little bit concerning.

If they balanced the weapons, all weapons should be useable and it would help about people having permanent weapons for the currently top tier weapons, this way their weapons would still be useable but they should buy the new balanced weapons with dinar/other ways now as well and not only use their previously best weapons that are now just on par with other weapons.

Like for example. how many players have PSG permanent? Not many and after the balancing it should be pretty much the top 3 sniper choice for CQC instead of the nr.1 AW50F.

3. Lean.

I wouldn't mind the removing but I think its pretty fine mechanic as long as they fix it and all the problems related to it, I have mentioned it in my big thread and listed the problems with it and I agree that its just very bad mechanic currently that causes a lot of problems.

And lastly I agree with everything else 100%, this is the real deal, its all in Papaya's hands now if they want to make this game popular again or not.

There was supposed to be a lot news coming this week, this was stated by GM at the WR discord, hopefully we can hear something soon to ease our minds from this uncertainty.
    And like you can see the weapon balance is also planned at least.

Personally if I don't see a lot good big proper changes withing the next few months I will just give up for the game, though from what I have seen, Papaya seems quite promising, but I won't blindly trust them like I did with Nexon, we saw how that went.

Hoping to see nice proper replies in this thread and also people who read this, please make sure to hit thumbs up to support these ideas which would surely make WR great and popular again!
    WaligromPonuryURLBadmanUAmyzhikllfr4nll
  • WaligromWaligrom Posts: 16Member Beginner
    It would be cool to see ur ideas but we all know realities :/ Chance to make ur plans real is like 0.001% (Please God I was wrong) 

I saw in one game good idea about people who buy premium. ( my english is not good but i try to my best to show you what i mean :D ) Everyone who buy premium and join to game give other players additional percent bonus to obtain exp and gold. For example. We create room at CQC 8vs8. 8 people have premium so all in this room get additional 8% (1 premium = 1%) for exp and dinar (even people without prem) so if more people we have in room with premium we get more bonus. 
  • TheRedEyeTheRedEye Posts: 36Member Beginner
    Leaning should be removed instantly, but if they manage to fix it someday then it could be brought back.
    vertualxURLBadman
  • CryptionGamingCryptionGaming Posts: 13Member Beginner
    This thread has my +1
  • PurifyPurify Posts: 3Member Beginner
    You, my friend, you deserve a medal!
    Great start PapayaPlay!

But there's still a lot to do. For the next patch I recommend you to consider:

1. Nerf Powcamp dinar income so there's no changes for dinar farming.
    2. Make all weapons available for dinars and let the community waste their dinars. The most important make 5th slot available with dinars! I understand if you wan't to leave something special purchasable with WRC only but that should be only those 8th slot weapons.

Also make sure there won't be more EXP events. Tournament mode is enough. :)
    UAmyzhik
    @TheRedEye

Dinar and exp income should be balanced for all the modes anyway, they could do this together when/if they make all weps and px items for dinar as well.

Now its basically good that we have the keys for dinar, so old players can spend their dinars now and we can start with low amounts of dinar together with the new proper f2p system.

It was a bit underwhelming and lots of players were disappointed and talked about how its Nexon all over again and but you guys at Papaya need to prove us wrong asap.

Everyone can read more about this from here:
    http://forum.papayaplay.com/index.php?p=/discussion/357699/patch-notes-details-request-and-questions-on-the-july-27-2017-patch#latest
    llfr4nll
  • URLBadmanURLBadman Posts: 19Member Beginner
    I just want to say I support basically everything you wrote. Especially ranked mode and removing leans.
    Used to be MyHolyDemi / Hollywood.
  • xevilxkittyxxevilxkittyx Posts: 51Member Beginner
    And don't forget to remove the in flight reloading of aircrafts weapon bays. Which would help to balance most BG maps.
    EEEEK! Oo A MOUSE! Oo
    Pumping a great thread, OP post has quite many likes too, nice.

Make sure to hit that like on the OP post if you support this idea guys. #MakeWrGreatAgain
    llfr4nll
  • SkyloveSkylove Posts: 33Member Beginner
    Dear papaya play team

I think now you have realized that you have acquired a failed and incorrigible game
    Wellcome to reality, warrock is full of children crying that the game is not how they like it, and you have an outdated programming language unable to make some improvement.

I will give you some advice follow the steps of the previous editors who like you made a little effort, but after seeing the clear reality they decided to recover their investment and take care of your business, just like you should do, if you want to have earnings.

Please continue with pay to win, believe me the few players who are still active, will be willing to pay to win. this is all that is left.

The devil knows more by old than by devil.
    TheRedEye
    What Skylove is trying to tell is that he is afraid of weapon balances because he cannot get a single kill anymore when you guys nerf hes favorite Pay2Win weapons. Unlucky marshall you're going to lose all that advantage that you have paid for.

:)
    Here's papayas to do list:

ikPl448
  • ikPl448ikPl448 Posts: 48Member Beginner
    I'd love to see these op buy nerds facing real challenge.
  • ImziicImziic Posts: 21Member Beginner
    1. Do NOT release any bonus EXP/Dinar events. Bonus gains should be only available for special days like Xmas.

Kind of agree, but It's a little late for that, leveling shouldn't feel like a chore, it should be achievable(e.g Call of Duty, prestige etc)

2. Make sure you won't sell permanent weapons.

I absolutely wholeheartedly disagree, nobody who actually wants to spend money on the game is thinking "gee, I really want this purchase to be temporary". Pemanent weapons should have f2p non-skinned variants which are time based and purchased with dinars, permanent weapons should be treated like skins (people like having something that looks different than stock)

3. Remove leaning. It causes so much bugs in game.

No, leaning is great - it's a fantstic mechanic to have in any shooter. Though I do agree it should be reworked and fixed.

3. Make this game F2P just like I mentioned.

F2P needs to have good monetization incentives and have the capital+the team to actually push it the way it needs.

4. Balance the weapons. I support korean version just like @killingtime does in hes thread.

Korean WR balance is great for most classes, but sniper gets nerfed even further in Korean WR, so I think papaya's own balance is probably a better alternative, as long as they listen to feedback.

5. SMS Verification. Max 3 account/phone number. Will cause the end of cheating.

This won't stop anything, I can go on any website from any of these companies and say "yeah I want 30 sim cards, thanks" and they'll send out 30 sim cards free of cost. It'll be unnecessary and just a waste of time.

6. Decrease lag. Game code is broken. Ye it's hard to fix other coders mess but the community would provide help for sure. Also invest for more servers after all previous is done.

Which lag? the FPS or the network lag?, I mean both need to be fixed, but I think being direct here is going to get the point across better.

7. Now you're ready to start advertising. DO NOT ADVERTISE GAME YET WHEN IT'S STILL FULL OF LAG, CHEATERS AND BUGS.

There aren't that many cheaters really, between overclockers and actual cheaters - the list would be relatively short - but this taps into your previous point, if the network lag is fixed or alleviated in some way, it'd seem like a lot less people are cheating.

8. I don't require this but the game would be AWESOME with some sort of solo ranked system. Yes it's completely up to DE but it's just a wet dream.

solo ranking would probably make a lot of people happy, though I see abuse of the system late nights/early morning for people getting themselves ranked higher than they should be and whatnot - I think creating a real lobby with better rules for allowing specific tailored ranked play with the addition of the papaya stats page should suffice and be less of a headache to manage. (This could also include ESL settings and etc within the ranked lobby type).

Hopefully these discussions get read and something really does happen with wr. I do have high hopes for warrock still.

My face when there is no progress on the "Warrock To do list"

Bumping great thread.
    llfr4nll
    After this thread, the following suggestions came true:
    -A lot of the weapons have been balanced, including AW50f and Famas
    -Most character stats got removed

So that's something...waiting for more now.