Discussions and ideas about revamping Deadfront

[DK]Gismo[DK]Gismo Posts: 240Approved Member Trainee
Good Friday everyone,

Hope everyone is ready for the weekend. Now, as you've known from some of my past projects and implementations in game, like Horror honeymoon. I'll be looking for the next project since that slot will be freeing up soon. The next project I wanted to start working on would be making deadfront a fun and desired experience again. As we know, deadfront is, or has approached its decade old timeline, and not much has change for it. 

So, as I'd like to begin on this process, I'll be looking for player ideas and feedback to start the juices flowing. So let us begin :)

Comments

• KleptoManiaKleptoMania Posts: 155Member Trainee
    Why not make the log in issues first as your next project?
  • KleptoManiaKleptoMania Posts: 155Member Trainee
    Also you know what's a good project also Gismo is sharing items like perp and emblem between characters in the same account. Enough with binded stuff.
  • jeppes94jeppes94 Posts: 17Approved Member Beginner
    First of all runes should proc for everyone in party when they proc, not just for the guy that kills the monster. And revamp the drops for DF into something worth doing DF for. 

More exp for high level monsters, make DF viable even if you dont have runes.

• jeppes94jeppes94 Posts: 17Approved Member Beginner
    And regarding horror honeymoon, please make the monsters give exp again. Great for rune procs, so you can get some exp while farming horror aswell as quicker farming with runes active :)
  • davidyjung11davidyjung11 Posts: 12Member Beginner
    Guys I think Gismo is wanting feedback mostly about DeadFront, other topics can follow a different thread.

My favorite thing about the event for both DeadFront and Ice Castle is the PVP which come after defeating the final boss. Thought it was a cool idea for two or more teams facing each other in betrayal in the end after fighting side by side together to defeat the boss. I would say make the PVP aspect more rewarding? I guess you can't help that most Deadfront events will have only one party per server but for the rare times that there are PVP moments, allow each kills of another player a XP gaining kill. I guess sort of a K/D/A type of way. Just a thought, it might be something that can't be done, I thought it would help out a bit in joining people together to bring an incentive to PVP in the end.

Also, maybe changing the drops a bit for rewards, seemed a bit out of date with the loot. 

That's all I've got, but thank you guys (All GMs) for trying to make this a better experience in MMOing for us.
  • murat91murat91 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Hello, Gizmo
    I found this... little old post and i had a few ideas about deadfront already, so i want to share them (btw sorry if it is a very old discussion or you have already done your choice about revamp then just ignore this post).
    First at all, if we want to attract the players to dead front we must to analyze it first. Lets start with the player interests. I think that we can divide the players to 2 sections for their profit interest: 1. are the low level characters that they want to level up and the 2. are the high level characters that they want to gear up.
    Lets take a closer look at the low level characters first. I think that leveling system is waaay to easy for the levels 1-130 at the moment, so you cant give more xp to attract them, that is a minus, BUT i think that changing a little the rewarding system will be flip this. My opinion is to give the players an item that will be useful on their leveling at the open world. With the rewarding system i mean the talisman that you can receive after 1.5 hours of game play. You can change it to +100% (x2) talisman and can put this 400% (or even 500%) talisman to the low level deadfronts. Another idea is that you can put this box with xp explosions after kills for 1 day. Anyways for the low level players the best choice is to give them something that will help them to level up faster out of deadfront.
    The 2. group of players are little more complicated but is more flexible to attract them to the dead front. High level characters are interesting more to the gearing up than leveling up, so give them what they want. We can also subdivide this group to two. Characters from lvl130 to lvl170 want to gear up but also they want to level up. So continue to reward the players with talismans/xp boxes but also give them rare crafting ingredients. For the 170lvl+ characters i think they are more easy to attract, just rename the hellpyron ingredients to something else (like Demonic Fangs) and make the bosses of the DF to drop them (maybe with more quantity) or even you can make to drop condensed argates or blacksmith grace.
    Oh c'mon where is the fun of all of this? Many players want to enter the DF for the fun part of it: PVP! So all of the above rewards must be after the boss But before the pvp, so everyone will be happy. So what is the point of the pvp then? My opinion is the pvp winners must get something about "PVP". Maybe a buff that lasts 1 day (or till next DF) with name DF Champion that gives more shield and pvp resistance.
    If you find my suggestions interesting, im always up for brain storm just contact with me ;)
  • bagalotebagalote Posts: 40Approved Member Beginner
    185+ Deadfront should drop condensed argates... would really help out ... maby 3x the exp from deadfront as well..

• magazinul2magazinul2 Posts: 63Member Beginner
    What if deadfront would give DKPoints and PurchasePoints as well along the exp that needs a high boost itself.
    Revamp the rewards with 1day squama or perp or even Helpyron armor box (not just some ingredients, but the whole box), add Seed of dreams as well as a reward for each party and player regarding the placement after pvp is done.

Try spice DF up with traps and mazes that players will have to go through it (as the one in ellenom dungeon) still make it blurry and random on the map, still easy enough for players to actually make it past it xD.

• 1liveforkil1liveforkil Posts: 5Member Beginner
    make DF mobs GP / PP (not much) (maybe 1 mob = 30-50 enought)
    and when end PvP winner team each guy 1x trieste golden key.
    its posible i think
  • ScantronMachineScantronMachine Posts: 6Member Beginner
    Perhaps for those who want lots of EXP an anytime Ice Castle ticket? I don't know how you would go about doing it.