About the wipe and a farewell

battousaiuwobattousaiuwo Posts: 13Member Beginner
Copying my post previous here and adding to it.. It will probably be removed later. But I dont care.

I am angry. I need to vent.

Papaya announces:
"Due the technical nature of the relaunch, however, all existing player progress and items from OGP will unfortunately be lost, and the game world/economy will undergo a complete reset."

Technical nature? At least be honest to uwo players. Its a community with high average age.
We aint the generic teenager gamer. 
We UWO players have been lied before.
We had gms/hosts nerf or do big things behind our backs, and we noticed.
I've been CAing for too long and I can spot these lies from far.

You dont know uwo and probably believe that a reset is viable for the UWO Global server.
You believe that would increase your sales right?

Its not viable. You are bringing UWO back to stone age. You're causing major angst to all loyal players who stayed during all these years. You are forcing casuals who played this for a long time to quit.
You're forcing veterans who dont have the same drive/health/enthusiasm as before to quit.

It will take many months for most features to work again. 
Everyone will be poor. If people werent fleeting much and helping each other before, now it will be even worse. Everyone is very excited to do school again, right? RIGHT?

Good ships were very accessible before. Now they will be rare; people wont sell them. They will either be traded for other ships or used as fodder for fusion. 
If you're addicted to nanbanning... Well, lots of patience for you then. Because nanban wont be available in the beginning. Lots of stuff will have to be developed before its available again.

No balance there.

And promises of balance? Hah. We had those for years. KOEI doesnt do something as simple as putting back Large Storm Sails to the Ganadores. I dont believe in any of these balance excuses.
Dont dare speak about balancing. Reseting uwo isnt balance. 
Its just going to destroy uwo gameplay. Imagine you doing lots of things and suddenly unable to do any of those. No wonder most players will just quit.

UWO is a very hard and grindy game. New players need help, they progress slowly. Too many will quit with this and uwo will be a ghost town. No way those new players will stay.

Thanks for flushing down the toilet 7 years of UWO global server history, both team and personal advancements; invested time, money and feelings.

UWO in the relaunch will have everyone in school ships. People wont be able to build even galleons. The ports wont have enough development. And there wont be many shipbuilders around either.

The first cash shop ships will probably have things like ROGs and AVs. If you dont pay, you will have to fight against them with xebecs.

Adventure? Good luck with that. Ports like India/EA and canals wont be accessible. For a long while. Haha, people will cringe to even pay for the adventure level uncap equipments, when it becomes available.

ESF? BC? It was already pretty hard to convince people with the proper levels and gear to do them.
Now? 0 chance. Everyone will be too undergeared and poor to even consider that.
I bet that whoever took the wipe decision doesnt even know what ESF/BC/Ganador means.

Colonies? Need to rebuild them AGAIN.

Ports? Yes, all ports including national ports will need to be developed again.

Players? We finally got to know more or less who to trust ingame. Players might even use old player names to try to fool others and get their things. Back to square 0. Scammers heaven. Goldsellers paradise.

Giving ship parts as a "founder" bonus? Hahaha. Which ship parts? With which shipbuilders will we improve our ships? In which ships will those ship parts? Hahahaha... What a bad joke

If you wanted to give incentive to new players, there were many other ways. 

Thanks for taking this "great decision" without any knowledge about the game.

I know. For you this is only business. But for many of us this was something more.

And Papaya: I see that you want to keep the CA program. It even seems there is a chance that you might want to hire a player to be a gm. As if enough mistakes arent in place already, lol. 

No. I'm not interested in Community Advisoring if you reset/destroy us.

Goodbye to everyone. For those who stay in uwo, my best wishes for you and sorry about any issues that I had with any players. Nothing personal, lets just leave it behind with the wipe and move on.

And again, before I forget:

Thanks for nothing, Papaya. As you like to say: Get "technically" fucked. Yeah. Fuck you. 

-Battousai
Anthoniaordon1angelofdarknssIdsadarDelaineImskelfields1234OberrillGoosioOmegaKaiseRolandand 13 others.

Comments

• WesDoobnerWesDoobner Posts: 761Member Intermediate
    I take it that you are not happy with the wipe. it is indeed a fly in the ointment, but you have to be flexible these days. This is better than the game simply shutting down - would you complain less if that were the case?
    ImskelGoosioDonnaMariaRaulbarladFrozenRubykrazybastidkangkamYellowbellyCaptainEduardalphamage777and 1 other.
    May the winds blow you well
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 6Member Beginner
    Agree 100% and applaud all your efforts over the years of CAing and putting up with toxic BS. 

I as well am leaving uwo due to this "reset" (aka killing of the game).  Hopefully there will be one veteran around on the server to help all the new players navigate though the game.

To all of you of whom were my friends, and to those who were not, I will miss you and remember uwo with fondness.  Blessings to all of you in the future. <3

-JoLeNe
    krazybastidangelofdarknssIdsadarfields1234DonnaMariajest11RaulbarladCaptainEduardalphamage777husinlempoyang
  • WesDoobnerWesDoobner Posts: 761Member Intermediate
    Looks like I may be promoted to "veteran" because everyone who's played longer than my 2 years will leave. Such is the burden of those who serve.
    GoosioImskelDonnaMariaalphamage777
    May the winds blow you well
  • HelloAllHelloAll Posts: 701Member Intermediate
    Well, what can i say. Can't really disagree at all. 

such a shame i joined the game so late. 
  • BlakeCBlakeC Posts: 113Member Trainee
    I might log in for awhile just to see how things are going, but I dont plan to spend a single penny, nor do i plan to stay for the long run. Batt pretty much summed it up.
    fields1234ImskelOberrillRaulbarladkrazybastid
  • WendyWindblowsWendyWindblows Posts: 56Member Beginner
    as a vet , i moight take the view , that low lvl players crying for a reset , made PAPayaplay reset the server. Do you in all honesty think i am going to help the very people (if i decide to play again ) who have caused the reset , and fo me to lose the items that took years to gather, spending thousands of USD on a game , just for it to be taken away. Part of me hopes the game falls flat on its face , and PAPayaplay and vertigo games go bankrupt in the process.

have fun wherever you dock Batt, it's been a pleasure to have known you 
    IdsadarImskelDonnaMariaRaulbarladkrazybastid
  • shelleylshelleyl Posts: 90Member Beginner
    I will miss you Batt and Jolene, idk how long I'll stay Lugubrious and I will try to salvage CatchXXII, but I don't feel very optimistic.

• crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    mama,if i stay,perhaps i may join catch xx11 as submariners is surely dead
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • LyonesseJosephLyonesseJoseph Posts: 637Member Intermediate
    I take it that you are not happy with the wipe. it is indeed a fly in the ointment, but you have to be flexible these days. This is better than the game simply shutting down - would you complain less if that were the case?

Nope, majority of players, who spent money on UWO for many years, will quit like I mean they will lose ships and rare items that they worked on for years. For those players who wants wipe/reset, you better spend money on cash shop since there is no replace for veteran players who already said they will quit.

However, I do agree with Battousai about balance because UWO won't ever balance gameplay unless Papaya is focus on fair play like Japanese server which is unlikely happen anyway. As long as players spend on cash shop that will go ahead of other players then will cause them to quit that's why they want wipe/reset.

Hey Batt, you forgot one thing about permits because it's much easier to unlock all permits for players since they can take BR.quest  However, I do agree about development of ports include capital of SA, Lima, and SEA reset to 0, though.

Despite I lost bunch of astro ships and items as well as refined max HC and is about max out SB, I will keep playing since I probably will go ahead of most players anyway. Tbh, SB is one of thing that I DO NOT want to grind ever again. At least, I hope the founder rewards better be good especially I want 10x bonus prof skills for sb and that rowing too.
  • AdelinaKazAdelinaKaz Posts: 83Member Beginner
    May be I will oldest with my 7 years in game after restart. 
    -Battousai, JoLeNe, I will miss you. Good luck in REAL LIFE.
  • JazzminJazzmin Posts: 60Member Beginner
    If Lugu and Mamacat will stay, I'll stay and help them.

Batt, I know we haven't seen eye to eye all the time. But I would like to thank you for the amount of time and effort you have put into helping other players.

Captain-Simon - ACME Corperation
    GrandGeneralSimon - Osmanli_Aslanlar
    Captain-Simbert
    amen to that jazz
  • JazzminJazzmin Posts: 60Member Beginner
    I will however, be primarily a trader/maritimer for the first year. As adventure was a pain enough with all the developed ports.
    Captain-Simon - ACME Corperation
    GrandGeneralSimon - Osmanli_Aslanlar
    Captain-Simbert
  • HUIBRO1HUIBRO1 Posts: 23Member Beginner
    Battousai...i have just seen you once and that's all...but thank you! I have seen your videos and guides and it was very helpful! Good luck! and byebye...MAYBE some day you will return and surprise all!, i hope. Good luck!
  • GoosioGoosio Posts: 71Member Beginner
    You've made pretty much every argument for me. What good are ship parts, when the grind to raise Shipbuilding levels took weeks and months of real life time, and countless ducats (in-game currency) to be able to afford it? What good is new content elsewhere in the world, when we'll be trapped in Europe for untold periods of time, and recipes, goods, items, won't appear at all due to zero development? And with the wisest of veteran players abandoning ship, the ship itself will soon be sunk altogether.

Vertigo, you might make some money in the short term from this move. But in the long term, neither you nor KOEI-Tecmo will have anything left but an empty game that was once a vibrant, self-supporting community of players who, while perhaps prone to arguing with one another about this and that, still loved UWO enough to keep on playing and supporting it. Please reconsider this move; it will not end well for UWO, for you, or for KOEI-Tecmo.

Battousai, et al.: I learned much watching and listening to you. I did everything I could to help new players out, and to point them in the direction of your shared wisdom when there were things I couldn't help them with. I'm sorry to see you go, and thank you for your years of service to the UWO community. I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without you... and I'm sorry it looks like the game will have to do without your insights, and guidance. Take care out there, and God bless.
    Imskel
    I plan to do casting and handicrafts then claim Diego Garcia asap. Ofc, I plan to do Marseilles BR after I complete Intermediate adventure to get ship.
  • aceman39aceman39 Posts: 943Member Intermediate
    I am also going to stay and help out as much as I can but still think a reset wipe is totally stupid
    Claim Diego Garcia? @LyonesseJoseph
    Diego Garcia is one of 5 private farm and is known for casting and handicrafts. It has all color ores that's why I will claim it as soon as I get all permits after I do Marseilles BR.

You will need translation for last link. You can check out them.
    private farm @ HelloAll
  • calicaddy46calicaddy46 Posts: 123Member Trainee
    Well said, batt.

This destroys the game.

Too bad the UWO team @ Papaya failed to see and/or understand that.

End of story.
    CaliCaddy46
    ACME_Corporation
    Amsterdam
  • DelaineDelaine Posts: 21Member Beginner
    well said batt and jol if this reset continues to be plained splink will not be in the game 
    ign splink
    Ah of course. Thanks guys
  • ZechariahZechariah Posts: 14Member Beginner
    Ive been here in game 7 1/2 years as well, I'm now 61 years old, and most players i know are up in my age range. so I will log in take a look but probley will not play like i did past 7 1/2 so papaya you screwed up big time here. I agree with Batt. Jolene a lots of others...so sad 
    angelofdarknssImskelDonnaMaria
    Well said, batt.

This destroys the game.

Too bad the UWO team @ Papaya failed to see and/or understand that.

End of story.

Ditto. I don't think papaya would careless if OGP players are quit or not ,but they prefer dogs who will stay loyalty to them.
  • OberrillOberrill Posts: 133Member Trainee
     Mamacat, I was in CatchXXII and will miss you and Lug and all the rest. Batt and Jolene it was great having you in the game and chat. I will miss both of you.
  • krazybastidkrazybastid Posts: 31Member Beginner
    We can't allow this everyone who is against the wipe we need to petition the game management before this is finalized. Even if there having technical issues I'm ok with the rerelease getting pushed out even further to make sure that everything goes smoothly. I agree with Battousai 100%. The Papaya staff didn't take into account our feelings on this issue. The only really pushing the wipe was FrozenRuby. i got a feeling she is a mole troll. Nobody wants a wipe. Nobody in there right mind OGP didn't do a wipe when we transitioned from Netmarble and i was only on Net Marble for 2 months back in 2013. I'm Richard the Red in the game I know a few years ago Batt had to ban me for a few days cause of my racy behavior but since then I toned it down in the game and learned my lesson. Who do we contact about this decision of the wipe in hopes we can reverse there decision before it's too late?
    ZimXero
  • ZimXeroZimXero Posts: 190Member Trainee
    I will second your petition
  • krazybastidkrazybastid Posts: 31Member Beginner
    I think the only thing we can do is open our wallets to the developers for donations to the developers as a last resort to thwart a wipe push the realease out till Christmas so they can hire back some developers or something. We don't have much time they could of already done it maybe there doing it in a few days whatever everyone contact Vertigo games. I am prepared to wait till Christmas and donate money to the Koei/Papaya staff if a bunch of us do that that might be the only way to stop a wipe if our crys can't convince them.
    JRLucas1
  • ZimXeroZimXero Posts: 190Member Trainee
    I am as strapped as ever with my wifes surgeries.. but as of now.. I can offer and promise $200 to continue the game as is.. plus I can promise $50 every month for 5 years.  Grand total = $3,200.00 from me... and i'll sign a contract.  Use this entry as my contract.