Turtle Ships will need a buff.

theedgedemontheedgedemon Posts: 237Member Trainee
Turtle ships lost their melee inmunity which was actually historically accurate but wasn't popular among the fewer but most vocal players.

however now turtles have taken a hit and got nothing to show for it, i think to make em viable options again they should get a buff of some sort at their melee options,

perhaps inherent percent based evade melee instead of total removal or being able to get Welcome Melee Battle and/or Evade Melee as skill.

that way they will be able to present some advantage instead of the inmunity they lost and remain useful in the long run.
Desire spawns madness, madness collapses into disaster.
mankind never learns...

Comments

• HeavyWaterHeavyWater Posts: 138Member Trainee
    I don't see why they should get a buff. IIRC Ironsides used to be quite popular. Now it's not. Turtles used to be popular. Now they're not. Simple as that, times change.
    It's alright, Ma, I'm only bored.
  • LyonesseJosephLyonesseJoseph Posts: 637Member Intermediate
    I agree since turtle ships are meleeable, they're now worthless as scrap heaps. The anti-maritime players won't able to use it to prevent pirates or other players from melee or db them. Papaya should have compensated TS for lost melee immunity.  
  • theedgedemontheedgedemon Posts: 237Member Trainee
    @HeavyWater there is a huge difference, the reason ironsides became less popular was not related to a direct reduction of its capabilities unlike the turtle ships, later ships where more powerful and slowly displaced it but the ironsides stats where never dropped directly.

also this would allow players with the desire to do so to invest into their ships to recover at least part of its original ability, not to mention "Evade melee" skill is not always active, takes a skill and request rare parts at same time which means people would require to put forward effort to get one, its also rather rare and as such not seen often in most ships build since it can't be inherited, so this would add something which still separates the whole branch of turtle ships which by the way contains many popular ships which could still serve to generate revenue, while reducing their supposedly unfair advantage.
    Desire spawns madness, madness collapses into disaster.
    mankind never learns...
  • ConcernedTravelerConcernedTraveler Posts: 42Member Beginner
    I think turtles should be put back the way they were personally.  But as that's not going to happen I 100% agree they should be buffed.  Dura and armour would be nice.  Avoid melee at least would be cool too.  The way they are now they should just be removed from the game as they are stupid and useless.

You were already sacrificing dura and armour for the ability not to be melee'd.  Seemed like an even trade off.  If they were going to nerf something they should have just nerfed the OP cash shop ones that were selling for 80b or whatever.  Those were the only ones that anyone had a problem with.  The ones with high enough dura and armour that it was no longer a trade off it was just OP cash shop.

But instead we just nerf a whole class of ships into uselessness.  The FS ones while to weak for PVP were awesome for grinding cannon and defensive skills.  So even though not many used them even for that, at least they had some purpose.

And Ironsides is still a decent ship.  It's just that many lost interest because they just release one ridiculously OP ship after another.  Kind of like how everyone lost interest in 99% of craftable weapons, memorial album weapons, and quest reward weapons because they just kept releasing one ridiculously OP weapon after another in the cash shop.

I swear this game should try going to a subscription model as the cash shop the way it's going is just going to ruin it in the long run.  Or maybe they should have just wiped all the OP cash shop ships and gear instead of our progress.  That would have at least put some relevance back on things attainable in game and made things feel like they had some meaning again.
    HelloAll
  • THawk420THawk420 Posts: 210Member Trainee
    if all it takes to make a ship worthless is get it in melee then its clearly garbage. I've seen clippers clean decks!
  • DarkJediPrincessDarkJediPrincess Posts: 3Member Beginner
    I am glad to see their melee avoidance gone. If u dont like how they are now, get into playing another ship.
  • THawk420THawk420 Posts: 210Member Trainee
    it aint the turtle that is useless...
  • MOVESHAKERMOVESHAKER Posts: 0Member Beginner
    It seems to me impossible to deck battle or melee battle on such type of ship: