GVONavi

HawthorneHawthorne Posts: 71Member Beginner
Hi guys, since the old forums are gone, I figured links to GVONavi and the latest map would be helpful.

GVONavi download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0k0dio8km5vkikg/GVONaviEng_20171019.zip

And for those of you who already have GVONavi but need the latest map, this map is current as of Age of Revolution with all the new industrial ports, Tigris and Euphrates rivers, and land/railroad routes mapped:

mcdevildawgpeloisanTwitchalotSeperallisYunoAloeWalkerDePlank1elcokolReptos

Comments

• ZimXeroZimXero Posts: 190Member Trainee
    Here is a map updated (exept for last update)
    AlianorepeloisanTwitchalot
  • mcdevildawgmcdevildawg Posts: 11Member Beginner
    remind me how to implement this so it works in files please

IGN :GunnyHighway
  • skyzingerskyzinger Posts: 1Member Beginner
    @ Hawthorne

do you have the link to the original source?
  • darock1955darock1955 Posts: 1Member Beginner
    I cannot get the map to work with the game, The map itself is there and up, but my ship will not show nor does it follow a ship nor does the speed show up?  I have reinstalled, shut down game, shut down entire computer and rebooted and still it is not working?
  • KrisPBaconKrisPBacon Posts: 34Member Beginner
    Place everything in the zip file in the location where you installed your game (Windows 10 is located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Papaya Play\Uncharted Waters Online) It is the location where GVOnline.exe is on your computer. Once you have placed it there, put a shortcut on your desktop. Start the game, log in, then start GVONavi.

<< WARNING: THE GAME NEEDS TO BE OPEN IN A WINDOW, NOT FULL SCREEN AND YOU HAVE TO BE RUNNING THE SURVEYING SKILL IN ORDER FOR GVONAVI TO WORK PROPERLY>>

peloisanCulvernHawthorne
  • HawthorneHawthorne Posts: 71Member Beginner
    @skyzinger
    I do not, sorry.  To be clear, I did not make this map.  I'm just providing it for players that may be using out-of-date maps for GVONavi.

Also, to add to KrisPBacon's post, make sure you have nothing obscuring the Survey panel in your game.  GVONavi reads the coordinate numbers via OCR, and anything blocking those numbers will throw off the program.

TwitchalotKrisPBacon
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    Thanks Hawthorne, very useful.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
  • chiefrunnigbearchiefrunnigbear Posts: 1Member Beginner
    hay guys i dont know what im doing wrong but its not working for me
  • WesDoobnerWesDoobner Posts: 761Member Intermediate
    bookmarked

May the winds blow you well
  • schro69schro69 Posts: 37Member Beginner
    Has anyone figured out how to get GVONavi to work while the game is in fullscreen mode? I really dislike windowed mode and in the past used shift window and play in windowed mode while hiding the borders, but the game will not allow me to choose 1920x1080 windowed mode for some reason. I haven't had the time to sit down and experiment with it more, but if I get this working in fullscreen, or looking good in windowed with shiftwindow I'll post my results. I'm also going to experiment putting GVONavi on a second monitor and TV via HDMI and see what happens.
    “The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” - Charles F. Glassman
  • SpooklesSpookles Posts: 287Member Intermediate
    It's an old piece of software, and basically what it does is taking pictures of your screen every second.
    Then try to read out the cords that Surveying gives, which it then translates to actual numbers to give the arrow a position.
    If you run UWO on fullscreen it makes black pictures, this has to do with the graphics engine and can't be fixed, meaning there are no numbers to read out.

You can however put GVO on another monitor, but your game cannot. Unless that other monitor is your main monitor which you can set in Windows. It's because it doesn't look where UWO is, it just expects it to be on the main monitor.
    schro69
    Thanks Spookles. So won't be able to run in fullscreen even if GVO is displayed on a different monitor? When you say limitation of the game engine, you mean the engine UWO is built on, or directx/direct3d/opengl? 

I guess I'm ok running in windowed mode if i can get ShiftWindow to work and hide all of the borders so that it looks like true fullscreen. Problem is, I can't even get that to work right now because the UWO Settings do not even give me the option to change the resolution to 1920x1080 windowed, only 1920x1080 full screen. I'm going to try to find the .ini file that has the resolution settings and change it manually, but haven't had time to sit down and look at it.
    “The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” - Charles F. Glassman
    I mean DirectX, not a complete expert at it. Just from personal experience trying to make my own GVO :p

Kinda weird you don't see 1080p windowed, shows up just fine for me.
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    @ schro69  what resolution is your screen set at? if it is 1920x1080 then full screen is the only option you'll get
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • WesDoobnerWesDoobner Posts: 761Member Intermediate
    I haven't been able to get it to work yet. It keeps saying invalid image. I have it in windowed mode, I saved the folder to the same folder as the uwo.exe file and extracted all the files there in a new folder with the default file name recommended when I extracted. Do they need to be brought out of the folder within uwo.exe's folder?
    May the winds blow you well
    It doesn't matter where you placed the program.

It is important to keep these files together in 1 folder:

GVONavi.exe
    GVONavi.ini
    imgctrl.dll
    numbs.bmp
    points.txt

And at last, a map that is compatible with GVO.
    GVO comes with a map, but just incase you don't have one the map from OP is compatible.

If you have all that but it still says the error open up "GVONavi.ini"
    if you can't see file extensions, it's explained here on how to turn them on http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/26/

Now you wanna look at the rule that says
    "Map=XXXX"
    Should be the 2nd row.

XXXX = the file name of the map, that's why it is important to keep the map together in a folder with all the other files.

As example if you have a map called "Map.png" in your folder then it should say
    "Map=Map.png"

Hope it helps o/
  • WalkerDePlank1WalkerDePlank1 Posts: 215Member Trainee
    New Map Here. I added all the new landings.

Uwo Facebook Fan Group
    Here is a working copy with the new map.

GVONavi

Uwo Facebook Fan Group
    @crazyhunter2003 yes my resolution is set to 1920x1080. I just changed it to something else, launched the game and went to settings/resolution and 1920x1080 windowed is still not available.
    Hmm let me try image again.image
    You're missing alot of options there, very strange.. maybe try updating your video card drivers?

I don't have a clue what could cause this but a video card issue.
    It's a newer Nvidia Video Card and the drivers are up to date. I'm on Windows 10, what about you Spookles?
    @schro69

Make your sure your computer font size is set to 100%. If this does not rectify the issue, which I have help many with, contact me on the Facebook Fan group for my assistance.

Right-click your desktop and select "display settings" there you will see where to check under "change the size of text, apps, and other items." Should say 100%.

Good luck

Uwo Facebook Fan Group
    My driver version is 388.43 atm Nvidia too btw.
    @Spookles my Nvidia drivers are on 391.35 which is the newest for my card.

@WalkerDePlank1 font size it is set to 100%(default).

Fyi, I'm a network engineer by trade so I'm extremely tech savvy. I've tried just about every display setting, compatibility setting, modifying .ini files,modifying registry etc. and cannot get 1920x1080 windowed to show up as an option. Putting it in compatibility mode for Windows XP did open up more options as you can see in the screenshot (16-bit full screen modes). 

Are you guys all running Windows 10? If so, what version? I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.309.

schro69....contact me on Facebook Fan group ... let me give it a go.

Uwo Facebook Fan Group
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    looks to me like the highest resolution you have is 1920x1080.if that is the case you will not get 1920x1080 windowed

in order to get that resolution in windowed you need screen set at a higher resolution
    IGN:JackO'Neil
    BTW GVONavi does not work in fullscreen mode under any resolution.

In windowed mode, if you have issues I can help.

Uwo Facebook Fan Group
    My monitor is 2560x1080, so that might be it yeah.
    Can you guys upload some screenshots of what your UWO Window/GVONavi layout looks like? I coulda swore a few years ago I was able to play with GVONavi on top of the UWO Window using ShiftWindow...but I can't get it to work now.