Language Skill

knyaz1knyaz1 Posts: 0Member Beginner
What if my fleet mate doesn't know the language that I know will he/she be able to communicate in the city that uses language that he/she doesn't know?? For Example, I know Arabic and he/she doesn't and we are in Istanbul will he/she able to communicate with let's say market keeper without using body language? 

Comments

• YunoAloeYunoAloe Posts: 114Member Trainee
    You need to know at least 1 language together. For example he/she will be able to use your Arabic if both of you know French. This most likely also includes Aide languages, but you don't need to know any Aide's language to be able to use it or other languages of your Aide.
  • KainDeKuriKainDeKuri Posts: 0Member Beginner
    As far as I know, both you and your fleetmate need to share just 1 language. If you do and you are next to each other, the one who actually speaks Arabic will interpret for the other with no vigor consumption (also for reading books, a thing which you cannot do with body language).

Notice that in Istanbul you can communicate in Arabic or Turkish. Also, for instance, in Athens you can do it in Greek or Turkish and in Venice it's possible to speak in both Italian and Arabic. There are more cities in which they speak more than one language, like some ports in Southeast Asia.
  • SeperallisSeperallis Posts: 21Member Beginner
    As long as you are near your friend, and you know the language, then you will translate for your friend and your friend will neither need the language nor need to use body language.
    UWO: Seperallis (DutchCourage) & M'aiq (FreedomHunters)
    Dutch for Life.