Land survey for map

touffu64touffu64 Posts: 66Member Beginner

Hello

Once you have charted a land, you can re-chart it as much as you want and report that survey to the nearest
scholar for various reward since fishing net to headache med or qmp. But, some specifics land surveys can reward you with a discovery map, similar to the ones you find by browsing books at archives.

If you are lucky enough, you can get the map at first run. Take a moment to enjoying that success, it will
not happen often. Most of the time, you will have to repeat that survey many times before to get that/those damn card(s).

That topic will show you how to reduce, a bit, the painfulness of constant repeating same land survey.

Few constants to keep in mind :

on land, you run at constant speed

recognition, landmark ribbons have a fixed action time, where you cant do anything.

Most inlands have aggressive npc, whatever is your marching skill rank.

Actually, i am after a map that can be obtained by charting Byrsa Hill land.

After few failed runs, i know what actions doing n where, so i reduced my charting time the most i could.

My first triangulation is quite small, but i know my next mandatory will be to investigate the large tree to the south-west.

So i do a bigger triangulation with the last point at the large tree.

I can now finish my first measurement, investigate the large tree and start the next triangulation, all at the same place.

On the surveying map, you can see the second triangulation i made. I think i'm near to the fail because It
is quite the same than the required. On my first runs, i put the second point on the south-east corner. I later reduced it to there (and crossed fingers to not get the 2ac fail)

For the last triangulation, i start from where i am ( last point of the second triangulation) and point the 2 corners north of the map.

So, i can immediatly start the complete collection action which will end my map investigation

Sadly, the scholar didnt give me that map.

Time to run it again.

Adventurer never ends \o/

About that kind of survey

after re-discovered the layout of the land, delete most of the walking time between 2 actions by enlarging your triangulation, if needed, and wisely chose their points.

In inlands, you are always assaulted by npc during survey there. i chose to fight them for personal convenience ( few point in skill and finesse is always welcomed), but you can run out the fight for save few more seconds.

If you happen to select the defeat NPCs actions for your investigation, start to fight the npc you meet on
your way, even if you dont see the action in your list. The kills will be counted when it will show up. By the time you do your triangulations, you will have completed the defeat actions.

You may be tempted to make intensive use of landmark ribbons for making your triangulation. Beware ! As most of maps come from inlands, you will have a minimum of 2 ribbons used for each run. With 10 to 20 runs for get the map, your 200 ribbons can decline rapidly if you dont have a supplier where you report your investigation.

It can happen you have trouble to finish a defeat npc action. All inlands have a boss with few minions around, usually near the ruins interior entrance. It can be strategic to finish your last triangulation near that spot.

Congratulations to those who have read this topic until the end. :bow:

Scaramouche, admiral
French adventurer, 2868 discoveries, 560 shipwrecks

Image hébergée par servimg.com

Ahead, matey! Adventure is on the horizon