Remove the Search invisibily of Private status

MaseratyMaseraty Posts: 16Member Beginner
Everyone have these days that don't want to talk to anyone unifamiliar (even considering when playing UWO is kind rare someone that you don't know start talk to you via Search) 
However most ppl in UWO have a "Cheater" pratice of "If i'm going to unsafe waters let's use private status so pirates can't see me in search" - I'm not a pirate and idk if there a ways to spot this kind of player, but i see this as a coward strategy, in a way this could be used even for new pirates that don't have red name yet to do their first piracy act - When they spot someone they remove private and then attack.
xibwiz

Comments

• xibwizxibwiz Posts: 77Member Beginner
    In that way pirates are the "cheaters" that keep using search and tells for look people in the waters, instead of real lookup for them. 
  • aceman39aceman39 Posts: 943Member Intermediate
    It is not  a cheater or a cowered way. People have to use what tools are given to them to avoid pirates cause there is no way a merchant can fight a pirate. It is a slaughter so why not be smart and use your head instead of knowing you are found easy and lose all the hard work you did to get the trade goods to make ducats in the game
    KainDeKurixibwizSeperallis
  • KainDeKuriKainDeKuri Posts: 0Member Beginner
    A witty pirate will find you even if you're in private, trust me ;D.
    xibwizSeperallis
    Exactly so why defeat the one thing that evens the playing field even a little :D
    xibwiz
  • THawk420THawk420 Posts: 210Member Trainee
    any ship without cannons is begging to be plundered. most dont even try fight off pirates not that fighting is the only way ever tried paying for free passage or even protection may work out cheaper n easier than tributes.
  • OwvinIIOwvinII Posts: 139Member Trainee
    @ THawk420 
    Depends on how many liars are among the pirate ranks in regards to their claims of paying for safe passage

that userID - is that you, TommaHawk?
    I remember helping TommaHawk with academy 'debate' card game a few years ago, mentioning especially about restocking 'debate' card game deck to 30 cards again after every loss
    THawk420
    yep thats me xD
  • jasonpwnsjasonpwns Posts: 24Member Beginner
    Yeah because pirates really used a gps signal to scan an area for people right?
    yeah same for trade fleets n bounty hunters too
    Ok the OP if this said remove the hidden feature. So another words now I am not against people wanting to play a pirate like others say it many other post. But now people was glad they removed the nerfs from pirates. Which gives them more of a advantage. And now merchants are not set up for battles when doing spice runs or even just doing quest. Now my point is this. Now you all want to nerf merchants and adventures. So remove one nerf and give everyone else who tries to hide from pirates a disadvantage and let there sail with no way to hide they are sailing in a specific part of the sea where they can be attacked and robbed of all the time they took to do what they was doing. How is the right or fair? Just something to think about instead of fighting over it.