Search and Drop

kadamskadams Posts: 59Member Beginner
This is for those who either don't know, or maybe don't care - when using search to find items like hammers, brooms, turbans, etc, please don't drop the items you aren't looking for at the search spot.

At a landmarks just run away to open space to drop your unwanted cargo/items. Inside buildings drop it by the doorway.

When you drop at the search spot, not only do others get stuck discovering what you didn't want, it halts their use of the search skill - very annoying when afk to come back to find the toon stopped searching because it found what you left behind - but at least we can see the name of the careless toon that did the drop!

And if you've done long, tedious searches, only to come back to find a message that what was dropped before, without another toon's name mentioned, you have become the creator of your own annoyance - the lack of a name means you've begun picking up the stuff you dropped - not sure if it's a half or full hour, but the stuff does become searchable after a short passage of time.

So far when searching for telescope, sextant and broom, at all three locations I've spent most of the time picking up other people's drops (won't mention names), so I end up needing to stay at the computer since dropped stuff, once available, is a quick search result.

Comments

• aceman39aceman39 Posts: 943Member Intermediate
    Ok question here. You said people are dropping things at drop spots. Sometimes it could be a new player and not know. So they would have no idea. And I know every time I use search say in a Landing zone it doesn't stop when something is found only time it does that in a building. 
  • kadamskadams Posts: 59Member Beginner
    It most likely is newer players, and I like to believe those who are doing it aren't aware of the problem it can cause for the next person - that's why I posted.

From my searches so far it's happened in the Alexandria mosque, Byblos and Africa North Coast Mediterranean. Finding items doesn't stop the search, but finding the ones other player's dropped stopped my search every time. I would come back to find my toon standing there with almost full vigor, plenty of inventory space open and the message that I found something someone else dropped (ending my search.)

After being stopped 3 times at the table rock I moved to the bones where it didn't happen at all (a solution that worked at the pointed rocks of Byblos too.)
  • aceman39aceman39 Posts: 943Member Intermediate
    Ok this could be what is happening and I am not saying it is right or fair,,,,,,but they must get their inventory full of junk and try to figure out what to do with it so they just discard it
  • patersmith66patersmith66 Posts: 503Member Intermediate
    tip to new players,  you can give any of the wearable stuff/or equipable stuff to your aide and it destroys the previous eq. and equips the new stuff. Do you care if he/she is holding a rusty shortsword?
  • WhiteBearWhiteBear Posts: 1Member Beginner
    In my opinion, it is necessary to solve the problem in a different way.
    I mean a minor change in game mechanics,
    which will completely destroy the discarded objects.