How is class balance in this version?

RengekiRengeki Posts: 0Member Beginner
I haven't played in years, not since back when this game was still with OGP around 2013, and I started my first character in 2008. Didn't even know about OGP closing down until a few hours ago (RIP, game company that took up my angsty teenage years), but here I am now that I got a wave of nostalgia earlier today.

However, it's been a long time. How is class balance in this game? I looked on the wiki and noticed a... significantly larger class choice than what I remember last I played. 

I was thinking of remaking my old character, an Engineer/Meister, but I'm wondering if that's still viable endgame compared to some of these new, fancier looking classes? I also heard something about some sort of Demigod class that sounded cool, but I haven't looked up the prerequisite starting class/any completion that needs to get done for it, though I've heard it's tough. 

Comments

• HigurashiRikaHigurashiRika Posts: 18Member Beginner
    Not sure if I should give like a massive explanation, but I'll give out the shorter version before some people out here says the usual lie of "Oh every class is good if you work on it enough!", or whatever variation of it.

Problem is this knowledge I'm about to give is relevant up to October~November of 2017 where that Agni class came out with "class rebalances". I basically just peek in the forums every now and then because the game bores me the moment I log in...

Now this problem is always relevant, newer content or classes released in an MMO almost always outclasses everything else in the game. I have no doubt for a time Agni was OP than everything else in the game. I wouldn't know if it got nerfed these days...

If you were to remake Meister, I'd pretty much advise against it. It pains me to say that because I like the idea of using a machine to rip things a new one, but the game breaks any and all sense of logic by making the mech using class pretty mediocre. The only way you'd be getting any kind of real DPS damage is that if you only utilize the Star Seeker sub class, which is a bit boring in it's own way because it's not you doing the damage; it's your mecha summons, so you're just standing or strolling around occasionally using a drill or a saw for an attack. However, if you're cool with that, then by all means go for it.

Though compared to Demigod (which it's base class is a Monk), this class would just smash things to pieces a bit faster than a Star Seeker. I've never had a Monk class, but I've partied with a friend for a time and he just tears through everything with little effort where as me being a mage had to pull more effort into whooping the same things. Since the rebalance of Agni's release, I do feel like Archmage and Demigod feel on par with each other to a point.

Also leveling and class advancing is pretty simple, just a couple hours (or an hour) of just questing you'd be LV.80~100. If you shell out the $5 for this "+100% Quest Reward Guidebook", you'd get LV175 in 5~6 hours. 4th class quests also just take 25 minutes; it's still a bit repetitive, but nothing compared to before...
    Neonraven
  • NeonravenNeonraven Posts: 12Member Beginner
    Sorry but Engineer/Meister is not where close to "mediocre". If you're playing at around 200 and unwilling to hit end game because you expect higher numbers then Swordian isnt the class for you. Swordians are highly noted for its survival tactics rather than its DPS. If you're aiming for a DPS route then Star Seeker would be a better bet out of the two. Personally I'm not a big fan of Star Seeker but it does have its way as a top 5 DPS class for a reason. Yes you're using robots but they do have their own skills and all of that does count for something. 

P.s I'd be nice to at least play the class past 200 before assuming any class is not up to par.