Possibility of reducing coal fuel consumption to a set rate

KOHxANGEL3KOHxANGEL3 Posts: 0Member Beginner
So I really, REALLY love the Clermont, I want to sail it as a lead ship, but unless your nation is in industrial revolution + you have the title, you can forget about it. This is a problem as the age of steam ships is what brought me back to the game. I also feel like it should not cost you 2mil a day to sail with 10 days being your limit before you run out of fuel. I'm not going to say we should remove the fuel consumption entirely, just set it to a fixed amount. 3 Coal /Day when in Industrial revolution and  5 Coal/day when not in Industrial Revolution. 
I get it, I know what everyone is going to say. "They gave us a huge cargo hold merchant ship, with low level requirements, why are you complaining?" We need to find a balance in this, as I (like many others I am sure) would like to actually USE the ship, not just tow it around. -Twinkie

Comments

• crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    it does reduce to 3 per day after you gain r10 on navigation & management
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • FerrolioFerrolio Posts: 68Member Beginner
    Isn't there also a title that also reduces the coal consumption? And there may even be a straight up speed boost for the Steam Engineer job later from a Boston skill. I really don't think it's necessary to make it any easier on the Clermonts.

You mention balance, yet their release so heavily tipped the already imbalanced scales further in the favor of those who trade/run multiple accounts. If anything - further penalties should be imposed on them. 

I appreciate that you like the ship, and it brought back some excitement for you. Hey that's cool. I'm happy for you. But when one ship has invalidated so many others - it takes some of the fun away that people got from trying out multiple viable builds. 

Thus, I don't think making an already superior option, even more so is healthy for the game. There will be more steam ships in the future I'm sure that make for better leads, and that may fulfill that fantasy of driving one around for you.

Happy sailing.

• FerrolioFerrolio Posts: 68Member Beginner
    I noticed now you already mentioned the title. But gotta love being unable to edit posts...

Anyway, what is the actual name of the title, and how do you unlock it?
    TibatonTirazon
  • TibatonTirazonTibatonTirazon Posts: 9Member Beginner
    @Ferrolio

The title's name is 'Master of Steam'

You can get it by doing 3 Steamship-related quest(One of each for adv, trade and battle) which are acquired in Lisbon/London. You and/or your fleet/friends need to be on their steamships(Which is a Clermont in this case) in order to do the quests. 
    Ferrolio