Place UWO back on Steam

SpooklesSpookles Posts: 287Member Intermediate
It's not hard to get your game on Steam anymore, a license only costs $100. Ofcourse you could go through the hard route and make people Greenlit your game by votes.
Also Koei has a Steam license already, the game could even be placed directly under the developers their name.

UWO needs to be spread out and get attention, Steam gives a decent playerflow I would assume.

Sidenote,
I would say most gamers are on Twitter, not Facebook. And the UWO Twitter is well... not very active.
YunoAloeHelloAll

Comments

• FerrolioFerrolio Posts: 68Member Beginner
    Totally agree! 

I'm not sure why the game was ever taken off Steam to begin with, but it would be very beneficial for it to be on there once again. 

The only thing I can think of being an issue is - How would those who run the game from steam run multiple accounts? I didn't have this issue before because, well, I didn't have a second character to run. And still not sure I want one. So I'm not certain how people used to get around that before. But enough people care to do so, that making sure it's possible is a good idea. Otherwise people would circumvent using Steam to play UWO.

Spookles
  • SpooklesSpookles Posts: 287Member Intermediate
    It probably got taken off Steam because the ownership change, Papaya might not have a Steam license to put their games under
  • YunoAloeYunoAloe Posts: 114Member Trainee
    There are stills ways to run multis with Steam, I used to do it with VMware, but there must be better ways too.
  • schro69schro69 Posts: 37Member Beginner
    I concur that Papaya really should strive to get this back on Steam. This will boost popularity and get more people into the game which is good for all of us!
    “The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” - Charles F. Glassman
    Want to bump this and would like to see a comment from Papaya on why UWO has not been put back on Steam or an acknowledgement that it's in the works. We need more players!
    “The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” - Charles F. Glassman
    boop'd it up to the top cus Steam is important.
    schro69
    bump

Progress.
    schro69HelloAll