China as a country of origin

stan96stan96 Posts: 1Member Beginner
The inclusion of China as a country of origin would appeal to the Chinese market as well as improve the gameplay by facilitating interactions and exchanges between the East and West. In history, China has also played a part in the Age of Exploration (e.g. The Voyages of Zheng He). I would like to propose that Beijing to be set as China's capital, Hong Kong and Portugal as allied territories, and other areas such as Ningbo, Quanzhou can be set as China's towns and cities. 

Comments

• TibatonTirazonTibatonTirazon Posts: 9Member Beginner
    That would be nice, but what of the nanban trade AND the high-lv NPC pirate ships roaming about within chinese sea?
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    As we all know starting out we only get port permits in europe ,we gain more by gaining fame up to india and part of caribean. After those we need to do imperial quests to open everything else.

in order to be able to start in asia Koei would have to do quite a bit of recoding
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • stan96stan96 Posts: 1Member Beginner
    For nanban trade, maybe papaya can reverse the current mechanics for the players who start from China. That means their nan an trade will be in EU while eu players can continue the nanban trade in China & japan. As for port permits and imperial quests, the mechanics can be reversed too. Players who start out in China will get the ea port permit first and then go on to other port permits like sea and eu. I have to admit that my suggestion might be somewhat ridiculous. I just thought of it and I was thinking maybe that would make the game a bit more interesting.
  • schro69schro69 Posts: 37Member Beginner
    "For nanban trade, maybe papaya can reverse the current mechanics for the players who start from China."

This would have to be done by KOEI not Papaya and would require major coding changes that would basically change the entire game in a big way. I'm sorry to tell you that on a game this old, it's very unlikely to happen.
    “The danger of venturing into uncharted waters is not nearly as dangerous as staying on shore, waiting for your boat to come in.” - Charles F. Glassman