Land combat/melee revamp

Naum44Naum44 Posts: 0Member Beginner
I don't really know how, but I think the land combat system could use a revamp. Same with melee, to me it feels like I'm playing a more complicated version of rock-paper-scissors. If we could make them more immersive, maritime grinding would be much more fun.

So, my idea is something along the lines of a super-simplified version of the Mount and Blade system. You participate along your crew, and you order them around. There's a fun lil game called Tiger Knight that makes that really well, but there's no way we could get to that without KOEI suddenly getting a couple millons out of the nowhere.
Or maybe something Baldur's Gate-esque, using both your toon and your two aides at the same time, telling them where to position, what abilities to use, etc. Granado Espada has a somewhat similar way of playing.

Also, if we could get to set up traps instead of making them appear on top of enemies it would be more fun.
Idk.
ps. sorry for my english.

Comments

• HelloAllHelloAll Posts: 701Member Intermediate
    Pretty much what you are describing is deck battle
  • SpooklesSpookles Posts: 287Member Intermediate
    Sounds great, I bet everyone would love more and new content... it would cost KOEI alot of money to make it all though :I
  • Sorcerer21bSorcerer21b Posts: 0Member Beginner
    While I'd enjoy the content. Let's start with something simple. Weapon power balances.

Take for instance starting out, I chose Venice. Now I could buy a pike there. But, I elected for a gun, plus I wanted to use a sword as well. So I buy the matchlock rifle, then go hunt down a longsword(by the way, the closest longsword to Venice is Marsielle). Find said longsword.

Matchlock Rifle attack power 8.
    Longsword attack power 15.

Now the next rifle I could find is the snaplock, attack power 10.

Now these are two weapons that any class can use. Which, the attack power difference doesn't make one bit of sense to me. Because, in my opinion, this gives sword uses a bit of a power gap over gun users.I'm not saying make guns as strong as say pikes. But, they should be on par with a sword.