Direct-buy ships in UWC Shop

ChyllaChylla Posts: 0Member Beginner
Hi, some of you Voyagers know me, some don't... But I've been around a while, played a number of different MMOs and such, but we all know that these loot boxes aren't very great for the new players in trying to compete in the hyper-competitive atmosphere that exists in UWO. As such, I propose.. AN IDEA!

Direct-buy ships.

Ok, likely not a new idea (pretty certain, actually...) but here's the proposal: Keep all the middling and high-end ships in the ticket to attract people to buy them as chasers in those tickets. All the remaining ships like Custom Schooner, Custom Siam, Custom Sagyeonseon, Custom Atakebune, Modified Frigate, all those "aide", "trash", "material" ships can be direct-buy for UWC. Take the guess work out, but you don't get a high-end ship either.

This way, I think we could get people active earlier in their learning of the game, let them taste the power of having a cash ship, but without the disappointment of spending a huge chunk of RL cash on a CHANCE of getting a ship and often coming up empty anyway.

Also, as a plus-side to this idea is that Papaya Play can introduce all the cash ships that we wouldn't want in those tickets (who really wants to get a Custom Commander's Sambuk when you WANT the Superior High Clipper, am I right?) and help keep the "littering" of these little ships that aren't commonly used for ANYTHING away from the Captain's Ticket.

To determine these low-end ships if Papaya Play deems this suggestion worthy, I suggest a web poll be made with a listing of every cash ship, and the players can rate their "worth" on a scale of 1-to-10. Once aggregated and sorted by ship size, pricing can be determined by their score and ship size. I know it'll inflate the size of the UWC shop and I'm not sure what the maximum capacity of the shop's listings are, but maybe a weekly/bi-weekly rotation of them may work if shop capacity is a problem.

What does everyone think? Bad idea? BEST IDEA EVAR? Let everyone know! Discuss!

Comments

• insncwbyinsncwby Posts: 4Member Beginner
    i think all ships should be for direct buy.  it would bring the cost back down so all level of players, and all level of money spenders would have a chance to get the ship they want.  i think you could also put these ships in ticket form for a chance to get one for cheap still just like a lottery is.  i spend $60 a month on the game, i get the champion sea pack i could see myself spending that money on nice ships.