Fade to black for dead ships

fields1234fields1234 Posts: 165Member Trainee
So we see a lot of pirate alts outside of ports dead (white flag) Yet they are still able to spy and see where they need to go to make a intercept.

I'm sure you might have seen a video I uploaded yesterday

The above player is around 300yrds out from the port and would have a good view of whats coming in and out from the port, so the pirate can plan a attack.

These ships don't cost the player any money because it's dead (not that it would cost much mind)

What I propose is a fade to black for dead ships. you die at sea you fade to black untill you use rescue etc

I know it's a small thing but to the pirates using these alts it means a lot, otherwise they wouldn't keep using them.
chronofox

Comments

• HelloAllHelloAll Posts: 701Member Intermediate
    Then you have other issues fields.

Say your a BH or pirate that has been sunk and the attacker is waiting to farm you. You may decide to wait until he is bored to rescue, or at least till he has got out of sight then you may rescue and quickly flee.

If it fades to black then you may come back to an ambush.

I hate the ones that use spotter alts, it’s just lame but I also think it’s just another way to take advantage of the system.

I mean PP allowed 3 toons at one time saying that you can’t really manage with just one when with all the skills and jobs in this game.

Let’s face it, most people just have 3 nanban toons and rake in the mega bucks each day.

The odd spotter alt although lame is no biggie compared to other issues in game.
  • SpooklesSpookles Posts: 287Member Intermediate
    I like the idea of fading to black but @HelloAll has a fair point too.

However as much as I REALLY dislike these pirates they also seem to be less active, look at Exilio he was #1 on the piracy board and has now dissapeared from it because of inactivity. Nukeshaw also does this alot but I barely see him online either.
    These kind of pirates come and go because it's extremely boring to pirate the way they do.
    chronofox
  • fields1234fields1234 Posts: 165Member Trainee
    Fair point about the ambush part, what about blured and no names visable?
    I think the best thing to do is call them out.
    If we see mermaid07 near a port we know GFire is somewhere lurking.

Mention it in world chat, get the BH (if there is any) off their backsides and out hunting.

If some pirates act in a way that is shameful....well then, just shame them :)
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    "I mean PP allowed 3 toons at one time saying that you can’t really manage with just one when with all the skills and jobs in this game."

the 3 toon rule has been around long before PP
    IGN:JackO'Neil
    I was just stating what I read from PP when they took over. I’ve not been able to see any statements from the past hosts