Royal fleet?

HelloAllHelloAll Posts: 701Member Intermediate
Can anyone tell me what this is? How I use it and what the benefits are.
I don’t mean navy dispatch or aide fleet, but I’ve heard some mention they are part of the royal fleet.
Thanks for help.

Comments

• CulvernCulvern Posts: 646Member Intermediate
    You can join the royal navy at you nations capital invite palace.
    I don't know much about it but you can gain points when sinking ships from other nations or some such thing.

Once in the navy you CANNOT attack a fleet that has a fleet member that is of your nation. So the navy is a terrible choice if you are a pirate.
    Noahthemuttgenefreak5Crismac
  • Marsali1Marsali1 Posts: 2Member Beginner
    Royal fleet points unlock officer's gear in Florence.

A Royal fleet officer's advice/vote carries more weight for their Nation. According to Japan wiki:
    Navy Lieutenant - Captain = 3 votes
    Navy Major - Colonel = 4 votes
    Navy Admiral - General = 5 votes

There are also indications that Royal officers may hit harder in fort bombardment and crit sabotage but I can't confirm that.

Cheers--
    Marsali
    Anima of England
    NoahthemuttCrismac
  • CulvernCulvern Posts: 646Member Intermediate
    I have to believe her. She sounds very smart.
    Crismac
  • YunoAloeYunoAloe Posts: 114Member Trainee
    Actually Jap wiki also says something about court ranks for royal fleet points. This isn't mentioned anywhere else.
  • HuseyinGaziHuseyinGazi Posts: 158Member Trainee
    Marsali did covered the majority info regarding the Royal Fleet. Though I wish to tell more:

You need at least court rank 19 or higher in order to apply for Royal Fleet. Depending on your job class, you will join that particular division. For instance, if you have maritime transport function and wish to change from division lets say special operation then you have to withdraw from the royal fleet through governor NPC and apply while you are in an adventure job class. 

The points you make is in the most occasion based on how much fame you gain from that particular class ( 5 % of your gained fame carries over to your performance). At 5000, 15000, 35000 and 50000 you will even receive court rank each of these milestone, when you aren't maxed out yet. 

More benefits that I can share:
    - NPC from you capital, territory and allied port will greet you more properly.
    - When doing Epic Sea Feud, soundtrack change when at sea while doing the quest. Although you will get this already if one of your fleet mate got royal fleet membership. You will have a sword with royal medal shown on your battle status instead double-edged sword.

Furthermore, defection and withdrawal the royal fleet will not reset your royal fleet performance progression. :-)

Hope these additional information helps ^^
    SpooklesCulvernNoahthemutt
    IGN: [CA]Huseyin_Gazi
    Dedicated Adventurer and Maritimer
    Other toon: Disi_Aslan (trader, production, R20 SB'er and Director of OA)
    Osmanli_Aslanlar
  • alfcutalfcut Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Im merchant fleet with fame maxed so I only get points in esf.    He tells me that Ii require an item to change royal fleets, anyone know what that item is?
  • ssd21345ssd21345 Posts: 56Member Beginner
    if you change royal fleets from mediator you need astro items, but if you leave royal fleets from the palace,change jobs then join royal fleets then you don't need it
    Sorry for nercoing
  • SeperallisSeperallis Posts: 21Member Beginner
    Forgive me for popping into such an old thread, but I have a relevant question. :)

Does fame from only certain sources count as contribution to Royal Navy performance...and if not, does Royal Navy Performance only update at certain times, or after certain actions?

I ask because I'm in an adventure job, gaining adventure fame, I made sure to leave the Royal Navy and rejoin into the "Special Operations" for adventurers, and yet I'm not gaining performance contribution from...anything. I've used archive maps, I've completed quests, I've turned in discoveries (to the appropriate people, of course), and my contribution remains zero. I've been in fleets and alone, with and without an active quest, mentoring and not.

The only thing I haven't yet tried is Imperial Quests and such. It makes sense that Royal Fleet performance would come from national contribution, but I've not seen anything that clarifies performance only comes from national contribution.
    UWO: Seperallis (DutchCourage) & M'aiq (FreedomHunters)
    Dutch for Life.
  • Phoenix1492Phoenix1492 Posts: 38Member Beginner
    @Seperallis
    • For an easy 25pts - Oxford Skills!
    • The 2 star building- Shipwreck History 1 - Just sail :-) 
    • Get 1000 adv xp when turn thesis in plus fame and... 25 pts (Ensure in adv job and have Special Ops)
    Happy sailing!
    If winning is not important...then why keep score?
  • falleiderfalleider Posts: 14Member Beginner
    I can't say I understood the game fully. Gotta give it a try.