My 5 suggestions that will make UWO better.

LyonesseJosephLyonesseJoseph Posts: 637Member Intermediate
1. Upcoming event list for Railroad ie SF's EA goods, Travelling Merchants, and other NPCs.

2. Nation Rankings

3. Register other company's colony via Administration->Company Entry->Register or Join.

Because we have world wide time zones that made difficult for me to find players to register their colony.

4. Remove price cap then allow players to put ships and expensive items.

This is same reason as #3 (WW time zones). I am pretty sure many players included myself got tired for

WTB/WTS/WTT for a certain item/ship/part/equipment all day.

5. Bring back 2nd cash shop that OGP had.

You can design 2 different shops that's way players will have more options to buy.

Comments

• AlianreAlianre Posts: 52Member Beginner
    1.  Wikia and the GVO wiki have lists of these dates.  
    2.  Will add to the suggestions sheet on your behalf.
    3.  Ditto
    4.  This one might be a problem due to the limits of cash on hand we can carry.  If this were to be adjusted, they would also have to adjust how much a player can have on them to be able to receive the proceeds of the sales if they exceeded the existing cap.
    5.  Will add to the suggestions sheet on your behalf.

[CA]Alianore
  • LyonesseJosephLyonesseJoseph Posts: 637Member Intermediate
    Oh, I didn't realize that Wikia has the schedule ,so I just bookmarked it.

4.  This one might be a problem due to the limits of cash on hand we can carry.  If this were to be adjusted, they would also have to adjust how much a player can have on them to be able to receive the proceeds of the sales if they exceeded the existing cap.

That's good call. Indeed, we will need to come up with better suggestion. Hmm how's about cheques ? because bank/Co. Shop can give you cheques if the sales go beyond the cap.

Thanks a lot for let Papaya know of my suggestions.
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    6. Lower check charge from the rediculous 10%
    IGN:JackO'Neil
    6. Lower check charge from the rediculous 10%

I agreed ,but I doubt they can since KOEI changed it after UWO added steamships. However, there is hope for us that they may willing to change it if there are enough petitions.
  • OwvinIIOwvinII Posts: 139Member Trainee
    About 4.:  Maybe they can add 1-billion-ducat checks and obtainable by exchanging 10x 100-million-ducat checks + something like 10,000,000-ducat bank fee to change 10x 100-million-ducat-checks/cheques to 1x 1-billion-ducat check or cheque, to finally make it possible for a character to hold more than 20-30billion ducats worth of checks and/or cheques.
    I am still waiting for 2nd shop, company's colony registers and National Ranking. Oh, Railway Events at UWO wikia is rather inaccurate often ,so I think we need someone ie CA should handle schedules by post dates at UwO wikia.

New suggests:

1. Allow company leader/directors to set up trade goods (8 trade goods and 2 specialties) as long as they meet requirements to unlock trade goods. 100% same type trade goods especially crafts are impossible to achieve because there are way off too many trade goods.

2.  Sagres need better quests especially Unlocks and trade skills to help players to develop their toons while they're in school.

3. Since there are no 1st mate anymore, Mentors are perfect job to help newbies like I mean they can invite players for quests while they're in school as long as Mentors have job ie Merchant Mentors. It did work in VCO.
  • SuraknarSuraknar Posts: 8Member Beginner
    Just my thoughts on these items..
    1. Upcoming event list for Railroad ie SF's EA goods, Travelling Merchants, and other NPCs.
    No comment here, I am not familiar with content since last 3 years. Need to experience it :)
    2. Nation Rankings. 
    This could be good for Bragging rights, however, there are negative aspects to Ranking too usually. New players tend to gravitate towards winning nations, some players may even switch out right. Yes there will always be the underdogs and those who remain loyal to some nations trying to bring low ranking nations up instead. But it is a gamble. The point is that it can create inequalities and harm a game with lower population.

3. Register other company's colony via Administration->Company Entry->Register or Join.
    Because we have world wide time zones that made difficult for me to find players to register their colony.
    Definitely, these little convenience functionalities are always good, especially in our context of an International Server. It is not needed in Japan where everyone shares the same time zone and has much more populated servers.
    4. Remove price cap then allow players to put ships and expensive items. This is same reason as #3 (WW time zones). I am pretty sure many players included myself got tired for WTB/WTS/WTT for a certain item/ship/part/equipment all day.
    This has always been a request for years and year once advanced players hit points where cash accumulates and Server inflation drives prices up.

To me this is a player issue. What is qualified as "expensive items" doe snot have to be sold at the prices that it is sold. There has to be a cap because otherise inflation will keep going further and further as players compete with one another find ways to make more money and also in turn use it.

The reason things cost what theyc ost today is not based on their cost of production but rather to the drive to make more to invest more to influence more between players.

For new players the amrket is untouchable. It hit me now that I restarted in an already develloped economy. And let me tell you that everyone's prices at the shops in seville london etc are not feasable for new and average players. It is life if the amrket doe snot exist for me. And Instead my economy is between my peers of same level and my own crafting effort.

I have to learn to build my own ships my own cannons my own everything because pricing is too inflated.

So I just wanted to share this perspective out there so some to consider. The more you push for higher prices the more you unbalance the core game and detach yourself from the base population, and inflate the economy ad infinitum.

The lil quest rewarding 20, 50, 150k ...is meaningless when everything solds for millions and billions.
    5. Bring back 2nd cash shop that OGP had. You can design 2 different shops that's way players will have more options to buy.

This is of course decision of Papaya Play and how they want to run the business aspect of the game.

As a player I can only say how I feel. Overall the less P2W a game is the better.. in the wider Game industry there is a player backlash towards P2W in general, Loot boxes and in Game gambling.

I looked at the shop here and a Captain's Gambling Ticket costs more than 5$. If I am to gamble why gamble for Virtual Property and items that can go *poof* tomorrow. This game was wiped once it can happen again and this happens wth all MMORPG's..at one point they reach an end of life too.

And at that price... I rather go play the Real world Lottery, winning there is much more rewarding haha :)

Again, just my view and thoughts.
    Spookles
    ~Duke Suraknar~
    *To boldly sail, where no one has sailed before*
    IGN: Duke'Suraknar
    @Suraknar

err I mean National rankings for defection lol