Where is Everyone?

TankYouTankYou Posts: 14Member Beginner
Seems like there has been a dramatic drop in players recently.

What's going on???

Comments

• auspexa3auspexa3 Posts: 58Approved Member Beginner
    well, people can't even fucking log in because of xigncode errors and "server disconnect" error
  • ShirololShirolol Posts: 80Approved Member Beginner
    What auspexa said... There's something that's bugged with one of the updates they made to the client/xigncode and now a portion of people literally can't even play if they wanted to, someone with the problem told me they have 32 bit OS on one PC and 64 bit on the other, and it works on 64 bit and not 32 bit... Could be a coincidence but if that's the reason it's messing up for people - then I can imagine there's quite a lot of people effected, let's hope they come back after it gets fixed. :( 
    I have 64 bit OS and I can't play because of xigncode error, reinstalling Windows didn't solve it. Automated response by Xigncode support team says that pack.d03 file in Dekaron folder is causing the issue because Xigncode thinks it's malicious. Replacing current pack.d03 file with an old one fixes the problem and I can log in to get attendance reward but obviously I can't play because my game crashes in like 2 seconds.

Server disconnect issue is still going on and I'm using pingzapper as a solution (I bought it just to play dekaron...), there's no way I can log in without any tunneling software. I've sent Wireshark report to Papaya support team and explained what's causing the server disconnect error but I think they don't even have an engineer, it's a problem related to Vertigo Games anyway.

I know there are many people who can't play because of these errors, some of my friends can't play either and Ardeca was quite empty last time I was able to play. It looks like Papaya doesn't know why the former publishers sold their rights
    If what xigncode automated response said is accurate, then the question is how did your pack file get corrupted but mine's fine despite us using the same update method.. Could you upload your broken pack file so I can compare it to mine possibly? It would make sense why that person could log on 1 pc and not the other though, since they will have different pack files presumably. 

I've heard about the connection issues since the beginning of the servers as well and I think it's highly unlikely they have an in-house engineer or an in-house anything for that matter, other than a few customer support people. :P At least I hope they don't, otherwise they probably should've been fired several years ago! This attendance reward event bug has happened so many times in the exact same way that i'm genuinely amazed by the level of repeated incompetence shown by whoever is the one responsible for it. ^^; IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I'M TALKING TO YOU MR.DEV PERSON. >:(

It's very hard to get to the root of a technical problem from a forum thread without all the necessary information and to be fair, we as the playerbase shouldn't be the ones trying to figure problems out and then the fixes for them - so lets hope Papaya comes to your rescue soon since they have all the info needed to sort it out.
    It's hard to upload all of them since they're quite big in size but if they're corrupted/different then sizes of my files and your files should be different. This is how my folder looks

Well something definitely isn't right because your pack d00 is different, pack d04 is different and the pack .hdr is different! But hey, at least pack d03 seems to be the right size.... ^^ I know it's hard to upload them but I just wanted to try see if there were obvious reasons why it's corrupted like that, there's ways you can look inside the files directly and I think that would give more info - but saying that, if it really is a messed up pack file then it's 100% on papaya to fix it anyway, so we can't do anything.
    I know how to unpack these files but it's a real hassle to verify its content, instead I'm trying to fix it by rolling the version back
  • Gr1ff0nGr1ff0n Posts: 0Member Beginner
    If what xigncode is telling you is accurate (could be wrong since it's automated and just reading the log), the question now is how did your pack file get corrupted to be like that but mine is fine, despite us using the same update method.. Could you perhaps upload your pack file for me so I can have a look and compare yours to mine? Makes sense now that 2 pcs with separate pack files will work independently, though.

I've heard about the connection problems since the beginning of the servers too, and I really doubt they have an in-house engineer or in-house anything for that matter, other than some customer support people. :P At least we should hope not otherwise they should've probably been fired several years ago... Attendance reward event with the EXACT same bug literally every single time? Does anyone even make notes of fixes on the team? IS THERE EVEN A TEAM? ^^

It's hard to try and collect information to actually figure this out from a forum thread, and it's also not our job as the playerbase to be figuring out errors and then fixes for them - to be fair. :P So I hope Papaya comes to your rescue soon, since they have all the necessary info to see exactly what the problem is on their end.
    THANKS FOR THE DOUBLE POST PAPAYA, I shouldn't swap accounts after saving a draft. Obviously didn't mean to post it again on my alt, sorry. :P
    can you post your data folder if your game works properly?
    Hi, I have uploaded the data folder for you but it's highly likely if they make any updates without fixing whatever causes this error it's going to break again so it's probably only a temporary fix at best. ^^

Hopefully you don't need any other files too. :P
  • northeastazunortheastazu Posts: 222Approved Member Trainee
    This may help if it is a fault with your xigncode. Delete the xigncode folder from your Dekaron folder and the next time you load the game it should re install the whole thing. This was known to work in the past when you had issues of this type.