Fleet speed limited to slowest ship

JibiDehJibiDeh Posts: 5Member Beginner
I realise this one would massively impact the dynamics of the game, but to me it doesn't make sense to have a fast clipper/schooner towing a huge, slow +25% cargo bucket at lightning speed. It would be far more realistic to have the fleet's speed and acceleration governed by the slowest ship, not the fastest. This would include aide captains' boats.
dweyllAvalorin

Comments

• crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    forget it.never gonna happen
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • dweylldweyll Posts: 6Member Beginner
    I love this idea. +1
  • ZodRauZodRau Posts: 44Member Beginner
    I hate this idea. -1
    dweyll
  • AvalorinAvalorin Posts: 1Member Beginner
    imposed early enough, it can work. there are some pretty fast aide ships that would keep up with a fleet and wouldn't slow people. the major problem though, is late game implementation. money generation will slow down, but item generation won't, so the market can become clogged with cheap op gear, breaking the second player market production economy. one solution is to add a temporary set of npc that can dismantle items marked as "found" and not "bought". for points that can be redeemed to buy very powerful peripheral consumable items. another solution is to let the penalty apply at incremental % tiers, depending on the difference between the slowest and fastest ship. it's all risky, because the smallest faulty unreported code can completely destroy the game in a fairly short time. this all might actually be in the works, but because of the risk involved in deep hardcode implementations, it must be absolutely bug free to get passed by devs, 
    -all opinions my own, all entirely speculative
    Oertha