Un-Nerf Dungeon Drop Rates to Pre-Chapter 2

UwonsblendUwonsblend Posts: 2Member Beginner
In my opinion, the best and most active days of UWO were Pre-Chapter 2, before the Dungeons and Deck Battle nerf. This is when the server was by far the most active and lively. I believe a large part of that simply had to do with the Dungeon Treasure Chest Drop Rate. Now a days, I feel player retention, especially new players, is the worst its ever been, and this is the biggest problem of our server. Here is my suggestion on how to fix it.

The Treasure Chests in the Dungeons, specifically FSD, used to have such a better drop rate. Players could make lots of money by simply running the dungeons all day. I know everyone complained about "inflation" but regardless of what is implemented, inflation has always around. There is simply too many resellers, and greed on this server, from players to Papaya, to avoid it.

When the Dungeon drop rate was high, the value of ESBT was high. Players would often buy ESBT for 1m+. This simple factor greatly strengthened the player retention rate because even the newest of players could farm ESBTs in Syracuse, and make 50m in 60-90 mins. With everyone having money to spend, players could easily mod their ships and afford equipment. Farming ESBTs in Syracuse was also beneficial to new players, as they were grinding Swordplay/Sword Mastery, as well as Finesse, while earning money. Now a days, it is so hard to new players, or anyone to make money. A lot of people don't have the time to sail a Nanban/Spice Run in a day. In an age of instant gratification, many don't want to waste that much time sailing to and from EU-EA, @ 45-60 mins each way. It is boring!!

Another benefit of having so many players running dungeons is they all will have higher levels of SP/SM and finesse. Players can become more maritime ready, that much sooner. Their confidence will be higher as well as competitiveness. A player with even the lowest levels of maritime, swordplay and sword mastery, could easily do a Syracuse run. After a few hours, they can easily afford any FS ship for their level. After a few more days, they can Grade and Mod their ship, to be serviceable at their levels. This also keeps more players, especially new players, engaged in the game. The more players, the more active the economy and server will be.

As mentioned earlier, there has been and always will be inflation. The difference from now and Pre-chapter 2, is now there are many more "money sinks". Many players will invest their extra money into being Mayor, which benefits the development of cities. Others will spend it all on the Boston Millionaire, which would begin to flood the server with cheap vigor food, as well as Purchase Orders, which benefits Merchants. Others will spend their money on Grading ships, which we all know is the biggest money sink ever!!

I know many player hated it back when it was Uncharted Dungeons, but it is hard to argue, that that wasn't the most active and prosperous time frame in the history. Many of us old "veteran" players made our first few million and earned our first NC ship this way. I know for me, if I didn't farm ESBT and sell for 1m each back when I started, I may have quit back then as well.

Lastly, what the hell do you have to lose? The server population seems to be less and less lately. It is time for some new ideas to be implemented to increase player retention.
Alianrechronofox

Comments

• AlianreAlianre Posts: 52Member Beginner
    I have put this suggestion forward on your behalf.

[CA]Alianore
  • chronofoxchronofox Posts: 72Member Beginner
    This would be a horrid idea to have back in the game.
    Esbt killed allmost all sailing sea,s at the time was 98 99% dead after esbt came out.
    Esbts was a no risk huge $$ it out right crushed any other $$ maker at the time.Why risk sailing anywhere like cal for spice or ea for nanban and risk atk and sailing for x hrs when u could  hit 2 keys and warp to a ea dungeon.

The game took a huge hit to its player base a bit after that update.Lots of vets left because of how bad it got very very few even left a city let alone eu at that time.

Yes it was a great way for new players to make $$ running syr dungeon and selling the esbts to older players that in turn used to warp to ea dungeons or lima dungeon.

Also the only thing nerfed was the drop rate when useing esbts dungeon them self where not nerfed u can sail to them and get normal rates.

So esbts  should not be unnerfed in less u want the game back to next to no one sailing at all.
    Esbts are fine as they are now .There a no risk huge $$ even still to this day just takes longer with the nerf to loot drops when useing esbts  .I hated them from day 1  why should any one be able to warp around the world get ea dungeon goods and make a killing with no risk what so ever.

mina20025
  • EdgedemonEdgedemon Posts: 9Member Beginner
    i also think the reward invest of ESBT was excessive but perhaps we could settle in middle ground with a boost to loot but not as high to make sailing keep being the main cash source  in the sailing game makes sense to me.