Ideas to improve the game all together.

HavokGamingUWOHavokGamingUWO Posts: 1Member Beginner
Ahoy there sailors. HavokGamingUWO here. I normally don't get involved with the forums but I felt that there is alot of dead activity in game every time I log on.  Well I wanted to bring up some ideas that I would like to get your feedback on. 

1. After realizing that the core of this idea is already in game, it would be easy to improve upon the whole system rewards to make them more attractive and give reason for going for it.  This is the Battle Campaign each month  why don't we change it up a bit  make it able to be done all month long  that way people who want to pvp have easy access to doing so.  Along with this comes the main part of this idea  

After every BC which can essentially be like a ranked season in terms from other games.  The people on the BC board get rewards based upon where they placed. Maybe such as an idea like say 1st place receives say, a ship from the current ticket. And then go from there in form of uwc or captain tickets rewarded to those players. 

2.  Supporting the game and the people who do free advertising for the game. Ie. Youtubers, streamers, and people who openly try to bring new players.  In the current generation of the world we live in, the survivability of games rely on youtubers and streamers to promote a game. That is the best way to get new players and keep the game alive in today's world.  Not saying like give them free stuff, but keep in contact with them.  Help promote in game by say, launching a gm say in the chats every once in a while promoting different streamers and youtubers.  

3.  May have already been do e but never heard anything about it.  Bring back the First Mate program.  It was vital to helping new players get started in the game.  Made things alot easier on them with how many things can be done within the game. 

4.  Bring piracy and bh back to life.  Yeah. There have been things that were done to help.  But it wasn't the best solution.  Promote piracy and bh play.  Maybe some free uwc each month to the top 3 pirates and bh players.  Any form of alt farming should be considered bannable if caught.

5.  More initiative to create events. My idea is to make a new category.  There be GM, CA,, and FM.  Well create a title called EM.  EM being an event manager.  EM talk and discuss events and then present the event to the GMs and then they put the events into motion.  EM give the GM a list of the rewards and then the GM makes it happen.  

6.  Esf MVP each month gets rewarded with tickets or uwc.  Debate winners get tickets or uwc. 

Let me know what you think about all this  let's give papaya a good set of ideas that will actually benefit playing the game. 

Comments

• InfamousKillaInfamousKilla Posts: 165Member Beginner
    All of this sounds excellent Havok, the only flaw I see is that one can easily achieve 100k notoriety by farming flagged NPC. The notoriety given by these fleets needs to be 0 for this to work.
    I'm not sure if it's possible for them to keep track of player kills instead of notoriety, but that seems to be a more effective way.
    In the last pirate event I got 3rd by attking Venetian fleets with my Venetian alt as admiral. I barely even lost any fame because my alt has no fame to lose. I feel bad because I know Zero worked really hard killing actual players and got 4th place, but I can't help the system is flawed. The other 2 players in top 3 didn't even kill any players at all..
    The pirate event u did on Gama was better, we should have to screenshot all of our kills and post them to twitter.
  • DarkpactDarkpact Posts: 2Member Beginner
    There should be a greater reward for trading in general, maybe even a specific type of nanban good that is non-tradable (only to NPC) with a higher price. 
    The gap between p2p and f2p is to large currently and, now the captain tickets are tradable, the gap gets bigger and bigger. Maybe, they should make captain tickets non-tradable again like the bottle used to be (with or without the recycle option). 
    In contrast, there should come a bigger currency because that is what captain tickets have shown (maybe 250m cheque).

I notice that a lot of new people can not get used to the grind and stop playing, they do not know how to make a decent income and can not get anywhere near the amount of ducates they require to get a ship that "veterans" can afford and ask quite high prices for. On the other hand, people also seem to be gotten incredibly lazy and do not want to work for their ducates like we've all done in the past. Wanna-be resellers are a plenty (can't blame them to get their ducates together). 
  • CaptainTillicusCaptainTillicus Posts: 1Member Beginner
    Hey Papaya Play, make a small progress bar in the skills window near each skill's rank. I think that would be awesome :)
  • patersmith66patersmith66 Posts: 503Member Intermediate
    How about a buy all button at the market (the opposite version of sell all button.)
  • patersmith66patersmith66 Posts: 503Member Intermediate
    How about a repeat last order button.. 
    useful when selling small quantities of goods for fame etc.
  • EdgedemonEdgedemon Posts: 9Member Beginner
    i dont think piracy should have uwc rewards or such but i  think it would be better with a little tweak.

First : give actually useful rewards for pirate loot, i would think rewards similar to ESF ticket ones, for example LSBP, SSBT, ESBR or Forging Tools, at the same time reduce loot  from attacking players to require more effort for those better rewards

Second: make a similar shop for BH to exchange taken loot from pirates.

and Third make it so that upon a BH or Pirate attack the other gives up all of his loot boxes, that would make BH and Pirates actually actively attack each other, and give a reward for those who do participate in the battles.