A flawed tutorial needs fixing

fields1234fields1234 Posts: 165Member Trainee
edited August 2018 Suggestions
It's nice to see that some rework of the tutorial system has been done and cut down a lot on click throughs, I was actually looking forward to trying this that I decided to live stream it.

Let's just say it left a lot of information out and is really flawed.

You can not sign up to schools in your nation anymore, there is nothing telling you to go to Sagres that I saw, you can't ask other players for help unless you invite them into group chat.

Although I tried this with a portuguese character, a concern is if you start as England, French, venice you can not enter (however I have not confirmed this) due to not getting that port permit, the only help you get is fame helps get port permits but fails to mention what fame is.

I'm afriad that the new player will start (try to start) then move on to another game simply because the tutorial is flawed.

I hope Papaya reads this, watches the video and hopefully work with Koei to improve this tutorial.

Cirol914

Comments

• CrimsonbunnyCrimsonbunny Posts: 82Member Beginner
    Ya it was very lacking i 2nd this.And the new school if u want to call it that sucks in terms of exp from what iv seen of it on a new ch.

Ya u can do all 3 finals one after another but thin u are left sitting on a ship or 2 that u have to wait to use now rather thin hitting 21 by the end of the old school.
  • LyonesseJosephLyonesseJoseph Posts: 637Member Intermediate
    Not to mention some tutorials are annoyed especially on sea while you're in fleet. Thanks god, you can turn off stupid tutorials via setting.
  • AbbyeAbbyeAbbyeAbbye Posts: 1Member Beginner
    After over 1 hour of playing a new character, I only had 11 fame.  As far as chat, you can't school chat, world chat, local chat, or tell, but the beginner guide mentions to ask other players in world chat. Nothing tells a new player to join school chat at the instructors in Sagres and it's quite possible they won't even see the button to join.  I started as a trade learner, but the trade instructor didn't have any quests and the adventure quests were communicate with seville or Lisbon.  If I was indeed a new player, I would be very confused starting out - at least before it dropped you off at the receptionist!  Starting in Lisbon was easy to sail back and forth to Sagres, but I can't imagine what it would be like out of Venice or London.  How is this going to entice new players to stay?
  • Bran34Bran34 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    I've been having a lot of fun as a new player!  However, I've basically completely INGORED sarges.  Mostly because I don't want to wait for the liner departure.  I'm already total level 10, and having fun trading.  Though the newbie quests and the "Experienced Sailor" do seem to leave out a lot, and there's no guide or way to look back on what was said.  Integrating the tutorials with the quest system should be a top priority.  Make the ferry to sarges every 5 minutes, and free.  I have yet to go to sarges because the game does a poor job of explaining what it is, and mentions it too late after the "tutorial" for me to think I need to bother with it.