Avignon in France

WhitejacketWhitejacket Posts: 87Member Beginner
Hello all,

A short time ago I decided that I would start up my own company, and it has now been established in Marseilles. At present we are only three players spread across six toons, so we are looking for active players that genuinely enjoy the game to come to our company and help build it from the ground up.

I had wanted to set up the company in Venice but due to the probability that it might not attract players due to its location (especially for the comp shop), I decided to set up the company in France. However, since it's still early on, if enough players want to move the company to Venice, I would definitely consider it, but it would have to be done soon, before we start ranking up.

Players of all nations and jobs are welcome. Naturally, it will be expected that contributions or aide fleet will be done by everyone. I have more maritime and trade experience than adventure, but I would like the company to have a wide range of players.

Piracy is forbidden in our company, but we will make an exception for French privateers (orange named French players). There are a strict set of rules that must be followed however. Piracy against French players is prohibited of course; piracy against French npcs is generally discouraged/disallowed (unless there are legitimate reasons, for example, you are trying to plunder a rare item). In addition, I expect our privateers to respect other players and not go overboard. Harassment against specific players won't be tolerated. Company privateers are prohibited from attacking anyone in our company regardless of nationality. In addition, pirate spotting characters are explicitly forbidden.

If any of our privateers are consistently using a "spotter alt" please send me a screenshot. Note that this isn't the same as a genuine character. For example, I have a Venetian maritime toon (Milvio) and a French trader toon (Caroline) and a third toon being developed as a privateer. My maritimer and trader toons are very active and unique and won't be used to "sit in port" and spy on sea traffic so my pirate toon can attack them. (I'm too busy doing other things anyway.) The concept is simply to be honorable and hunt without relying on another toon to do the dirty work. I hold myself to this standard and will hold our privateers to it as well.

Privateers (orange-named players) from other nations may also be admitted. In addition to the rules above, ANY level of animosity against France (by attacking npcs for example, showing a level of "Distrust") will NOT be tolerated. If you need an item from a French fleet, as an example, you would need to ask one of our future French privateers.

The company colony is on its way. I have started building r3 houses and we plan on having a r3 shipyard, as well as a Printer, Arsenal, and Manufacture Control. We're not there yet, but we're making some progress.

Hopefully the company will grow, and if the day comes that more players want in and we have multiple characters for the same player, we can make room as needed, or even create another company - but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If you are interested in helping build the company, feel free to apply, and if you have questions, feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer them.

IGN: Milvio/Caroline
lpchinabest
IGN: Milvio, Caroline, and Nasrin

Comments

• BiffBoffoBiffBoffo Posts: 1Member Beginner
    Join this company!  
  • WhitejacketWhitejacket Posts: 87Member Beginner
    The company is now rank 5. Due to experiences in the past year, the following are the updated company rules.

Basically, we are looking for ACTIVE players. There is no problem with "alts" as long as they are developed as separate characters and are not used as storage units. It is impossible to get all skills on one toon anyway, and to enjoy every aspect of the game it's almost impossible with one toon.

We accept players of any nation, and of any type (adventurer, trader, or maritime).

Bounty Hunters are allowed (blue).

No piracy allowed (orange and red) except as permitted by the Company Director. There will be expectations and rules to follow on a case-by-case basis.

Privateers are allowed (pink). We recognize a player's allegiance to their nation in this matter. For example, a non-French privateer (pink) can attack a French privateer (pink) without a penalty, even though we are a French company.

Attacking another company member is explicitly forbidden except by mutual agreement.

You can attack npcs, including those of your own nation, at your own risk.

We are friendly to newbies, but they should not expect too many handouts until they are well-established. There are too many instances of newbies leaving after a short time, them realizing this is not the game for them, etc. etc. This is hard on players who are trying to play their own game.

The following will get you booted or banned:

- Causing drama
    - Spying on our comp using your toon
    - People trying to take advantage of newbies (people who do this are just garbage)
    - Pirating (orange or red) without explicit authorization from the Company Director
    - Bullying
    - Cheating in any form
    - Attacking another company member except by mutual agreement
    - Inactivity
    - Theft (for example, from the company storage)
    - No response to the Company Director after one week 

The aforementioned list can and will be updated as required and is not comprehensive. Breaking some of these rules may also prompt a warning to Papaya Play, GMs, and/or CAs as required.

Any company members should never be afraid to report such things to the Company Director or Assistant Director.

We have a well-situated company colony new Newfoundland (Blanc-Sablon, Quebec) that has a rank 3 shipyard which is perfect for maritimers and shipbuilders.

Company members will be expected to talk in comp chat once in a while.

At the end of the day, we want our players to enjoy the game and have fun in a drama-free environment, helping each other as best we can.

• WhitejacketWhitejacket Posts: 87Member Beginner
    Just a clarification on the "No response to the Company Director after one week criteria" - 

This is basically an e-mail that the Director would send out verifying a toon's activity.
  • BiffBoffoBiffBoffo Posts: 1Member Beginner
    Sign me up!