[Guide] New Player's Guide

BillywitchdoctorBillywitchdoctor Posts: 9Member Beginner

Hello
This guide was designed to help new and returning players. It contains basic information about getting started and leveling up as well as a list of important milestones.

Getting Started

After you create your character and enter the game you will find an item called Papaya Start Package in your inventory. Once you open this package the only temporary item that will begin to expire is the White Tiger Special. The other items must be opened individually before they begin to expire.

Holy Water of Allmighty 7 Days:
Makes getting started a lot easier but players who are reluctant to use the Cash Shop may want to wait until they are a higher Lvl before they use it.

Premium Costume Box 15 Days:
The stat boost that it provides aren't that great but the HP boost can be helpful early on. You can hide your costume by un-ticking “View Costume Lock” in the “options” window.

Lvl. 48 +9 Weapon 15 Days:
Looses it's advantage somewhere around Lvl 78 but don't worry because finding an upgrade shouldn't be too hard.

Super Nobel HP/MP Potions:
Not much to say. They make getting started a little easier.

Papaya Accessory Package:
It can not be opened until Lvl 130 and dose not contain anything that will be immediately useful to you. Papaya Belts and Papaya Armlets can be enchanted using Papaya Crystals and gain additional and increasingly better stats the higher their enchantment Lvl goes.

White Tiger Special 15 Days:
Not a very useful mount in the long run but it's better than nothing. All mounts enable you to auto-run by clicking any point on the map or mini-map. This comes in handy when you don't have the Holy Water of Allmighty buff and cant fast travel.

After you get settled in make your way to Iron Blood Kale.

Leveling

- Do Main Quest and any General Quest that require you to kill the same monsters or go to the same location as a Main Quest. This website has every Main Quest listed by Lvl and includes the names and locations of the NPCs who give you the quest as well as the rewards. It dose not include the Lvl 170+ Main Quest that you get in Mitera.

- Repeat the the purify 100 and 500 evil spirits Commission Quest as often as possible.

- Participate in Deadfront and Ice Castle as often as possible once you reach Lvl 100.

- Run the solo dungeons available to you. The Exp should be decent as long as you are within 20 Lvls of the entry requirement. Dungeons with no entry cap that consist of killing hordes of monsters without a lot of walking around like Infinite Battle or Magic Filed of Crack/ Crevice are an even better source of Exp when you have Runes in your inventory.

- Many party dungeons can be completed by one or two players. Party members don't have to meet the Lvl requirements of a dungeon or even be on the same map in order for you to enter. You wont be kicked out for having too few members either. This makes using alternate accounts to solo group dungeons a very simple process.

- Around Lvl 170 leveling up becomes so tedious that you pretty much have to start using Runes. Rune packages can be purchased from Jack in Ardeca with Seeds of Dream or from the Cash Shop.

Milestones

Lvl 102: First Wings and Final Basic Skill.
You get your last basic skill and can do a quest to receive your class's first wings.

Lvl 131: First Transformation and Basic Transformation Skills.
You can do a quest to unlock the transformation skill and 3 skills that go along with it.

Lvl 151: Second Wings.
You can do a quest that will allow you to trade Artifact Fragments from the Deadlands event for
Intact Artifacts. An Intact Artifact can be exchanged with Hosea in Parca Temple for your class's second wings. Hosea will give you Lvl 161, 171 and 181 versions of your second wings if you bring him additional Intact Artifacts.

Lvl 165: Second Transformation and Advance Transformation Skills.
You can do a quest that allow you to raise your transformation skill past Lvl 3. The appearance of your trans up form changes and you get two additional transformation skills.

Lvl 170: Meister Qualification and First Meister skill.
You can do a quest to become a Meister which means you must choose between two specializations for your class. Depending on your class this could mean choosing between a DPS or tank oriented build or specializing in a specific weapon. Once you've chosen you will be able to raise certain basic skills five levels past their cap. You all so gain the ability to learn 3 unique skills that are leveled via an upgrade system similar to the reinforcement system rather than skill points. Your skill points will be reset after you become a Meister.

Lvl 180: Last Meister Skill
You can learn your third and final Meister skill.

Lvl 185: Helpyron Equipment
You can now use Helpyron equipment.

Important Information for New Players

You can use Seeds of Dream to buy Blacksmith Talismans, Pet Eggs, Travelers Backpacks, Exp Talismans and other useful Cash Shop Items from Jack in Ardeca. Seeds of Dream are a common drop from most monsters.

You can trade the Treasure Map Pieces you get as a log-in reward with Karin in Ardeca to get a permanent Lvl 4 mount called The Red Bird. The auto-run feature a mount provides is the next best thing to fast travel.

If you chose to save your Holy Water of Allmighty from the Start Package then Lvl 130 would be a good time to use it. You get a 3-Day 500% Exp Amulet from a Lvl 130 quest and it's effect will stack with the 50% Exp boost from the Holy Water of Allmighty. The fast travel, portable storage and portable Agency features of the Holy Water of Allmighty will save you a lot of time and allow you to get the most out of those three days.

Reinforcement makes a huge difference. A +9 lvl 115 weapon has comparable stats to a +8 lvl 145 weapon. A good strategy for upgrading as you Lvl is to get a new +9 weapon every 30 Lvls. Armor works similarly; each tier of armor at +9 has similar stats to the next tier at +8.

Having Runes in your inventory will give you a chance to receive a buff and a large chunk of Exp every time you kill a monster.The amount of Exp is based on the Exp you would have received under normal circumstances (or just the monster's level, I don't know which).
The more Runes you have in your inventory the higher your chances of receiving additional Exp become.
There is some debate over rather or not having two Runes of the same type in your inventory dose anything special. The common belief is that they would count as the same Rune and provide no additional benefits while some people claim that the activation rate for that type of Rune would be increased slightly.

You can get high Lvl legendary gear and valuable socket stones/gems by grinding premium dungeons. Entry tickets for these dungeons can be obtained through the Cash Shop, Jack in Ardeca, the log in rewards system and Daily Quest.

The set of earrings that drop from the boss in the Norak Cave dungeon will provide better stats than any other earring available to you for several levels.

The Lvl 71, 115, 140 and 160 legendary rings can all be worn at the same time. The “You can only equip one non-stackable item” comment is irrelevant.

Dekaron.cf is beyond helpful. Some of the information is outdated but the majority of it is accurate. If you are having trouble deciding what class to play I'd recommend checking out the “Skill Trees With Skill Tables“ section. (I am not affiliated with Dekaron.cf in any way).

If you have any questions the fastest way to get an answer is probably the Official Discord Server. It is fairly active and no one seem to mind answering a questions.

Comments

• BillywitchdoctorBillywitchdoctor Posts: 9Member Beginner
    I meant to say: One of each Lvl 71, 115, 140 and 160 legendary ring can be worn at the same time. I had no idea you couldn't edit post >.<
    You get Blacksmith Protectors, not Talismans from Jack.
    "no one seem to mind answering a questions." Yes, I noticed that but I can't change it lol. I'm not sure a comma belongs where I put it in my last comment either :/ I never realized how much I rely on the "edit" function until now...