The Suez Canal

joachim24820joachim24820 Posts: 0Member Beginner
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure who is going to see this, but it is the closest thing I found in ways of contacting the papaya team. 
I recently spent an unreasonable amount of time and effort in order to unlock all the fame permits and imperial quest permits in order to unock the Suez Canal. 

I did this with the expectation that it would greatly reduce the time and resources it would take me to get to india, SEA, and EA, since the canal was, originally, made to create a better trading route to india.  I then found out that you cant navigate the canal with trade goods, which, in my opinion, kind of ruins the whole point of the canal. 

Is there a reason for why we cant use the canal with trade goods? 

Comments

• iofushiiofushi Posts: 0Member
    i too agree, after trying to use the panama canal. what use are canals if we cant travel them with trade goods? yes its a major advantage for older players and all, but in reality these canals are used primarily to ship goods at a faster rate.

i kind of feel like i wasted my time getting the canal permits because of this, unless i want to travel empty or sell early and not make as much of a profit (which is annoying but w.e) there is no use to canals to me. i'm willing to pay more gold to traverse the canals with trade goods, otherwise i guess ill take my time going on the old routes.
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    canals need to be done ,anyways,in order to be able to open east asia.
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • Ajust123Ajust123 Posts: 75Member Beginner
    Yes but the point is we should be able to take trade goods through the canals. Even if it was charges at a tax rate slightly higher than now.
  • free4adifree4adi Posts: 0Member Beginner
    I agree, the canals can have more functionalities.
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    and make red sea a pirate trap
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • AlianreAlianre Posts: 52Member Beginner
    Trade goods can only be taken through canals with Blessings earned from Atlantis.  However, as Atlantis appears rarely (only once on this server in a year), you are stuck with needing to sail around.  When Atlantis returns, I highly recommend taking advantage of its appearance to stock up on Blessings.

[CA]Alianore