Major problems with Gameguard

VHellsinkVHellsink Posts: 0Member Beginner
Hello fellow UWOers,

Been playing the game on and off from the times on Netmarble and decided to give the Papayaplay version a go.

However, I've had big problems with Gameguard. During gameplay and even after the game's shutdown it slows down my PC (not the game itself) and seems to cut off all other internet connections than UWO itself and crashing browsers and applications. Also, the game (usually after 15-20 mins of play) gives the 2::2 - disconnect error, more frequent in starting naval combat or at sea.

The PC doesn't recover without a boot. Running Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Things I've tried so far:

- Running the game in admin mode / Vista - / Win 7 - compatibility mode
- Configuring Antivirus and Firewall to allow UWO and Gameguard. 
- Deleting Gameguard folder and re-downloading it
- Reinstalling the game several times
- Shutting down all third party firewalls and antiviruses and using only ones that come with Windows

None of the above seem to help.

Haven't been experiencing similar behaviour with other games (even ones using Gameguard, iirc).

Best regards,

H

Comments

• rdl6989rdl6989 Posts: 1Member Beginner
    I use windows 10 and I am having a similar problem.  Gameguard says it is running but I don't see it in task manager. I did a restart but I still cannot access the game. I was in a battle when the game crashed.
  • VHellsinkVHellsink Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Additionally, the first 2::2 error appears every time in about 30 mins. After that when relogging, error comes in 1,5 - 4 min intervals. Very strange. If I boot the PC the first login is ~30 mins until the error again.
  • WalkerDePlank1WalkerDePlank1 Posts: 215Member Trainee
    KB2267602 windows security update ... remove it. I already sent Papaya a ticket on this issue. Now the game runs, however the 2:2 issues is not papaya alone, there are complaints from many other games across the internet.

https://downdetector.com/archive/?fbclid=IwAR2qS0H4j2GYoSVkJBDnGD0h3sxsJZdYQcd8Z-9Fkj7-2_7EQw3RJK3D2PU

Uwo Facebook Fan Group
  • VHellsinkVHellsink Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Seems that I've got the issue fixed by removing Comodo firewall and antivirus and replacing then by better ones. Comodo doesn't seem to be compatible with Gameguard at all.
  • FreyjasFireFreyjasFire Posts: 0Member
    I'm using Win 7. I just had to fix my user profile (could not log in, even after rebooting - had to play with registry files and all sorts of scary things to fix) after Gameguard screwed up my computer. Thankfully, it seems to be working okay now, but I don't want to even try UWO again on that computer in fear that it will mess it up even worse! I've sent in a ticket now, but seeing so many people with problems, I'm not optimistic. Shame - I was joining to help my daughter learn her geography better. (And my son has been on this game for about 8 years.)