Ship Heading, Course Planner, Keyboard Toggle

itspyrrusitspyrrus Posts: 9Member Beginner
The ships heading is shown in degrees above or on top of the minimap as a scroll wheel or number. I realize this is kind of redundant as there is an arrow showing your nose direction already. The main thing it would be helpful for would be for sailing long
distances, from the Cape of Good Hope to Cabo Verde or Pernambuco for example.

Only the ships heading would be eye candy right so a course planner feature would be nice too. You would select a destination way point on a map menu then the game would give you an exact heading so you know which way to sail. This would make sea charting too easy though, maybe only adding a start and end destination menu for ports, with only city names, coordinates, and heading shown.

At the very least, adding only the heading to the game should be easy, it could be as simple as a number and leaving it to the players to figure it out.

Another feature would be a toggle button to reduce the sensitivity of the A and D keys while sailing. Currently if i want to sail in an accurate direction i have to click but it still isnt good enough for long distances. Being able to change direction by 1 or even 5 degrees for extreme accuracy would be awfully nice for sailing from Japan to the Strait of Magellan.

I know GVONavi does pretty much all of heavy lifting for sailing long distances but having an in game feature (not a liner/tow) for this would be nice...

I think maybe the devs probably dont want people AFK sailing but it cant be helped if you are sailing for 10-30 minutes of open ocean without turning, they may as well just add it to the game.