Buying Ships with real money.

Why cant we buy ships that we want,like in other games.In world of tanks or world of warships you spend your hard earned money and get the stuff you want.I hate wasting my money on some junk i dont want.

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    best thing to do is look for specific ships and items in game on merchant chat. Just shout "WTB", you may have to be persistent but you'll find what you want. Also try to find times that alot of people are online (like weekends) to do your shopping.
    IGN: Samantha99
  • VesuviousVesuvious Posts: 28Member Beginner
    Well tbh..... because its a lottery? And not just a lottery.... one where you Never walk away with nothing.

Also... if pple could just buy the ship of their dreams at any time.... ALL ships would become virtualy worthless.

How much do you think you *should* pay, for the top ships?

What about those that spend Huge amounts in the cash shop in the hopes of getting ships... regardless of the risk.... those pple would spend waaaaaay less because there would be no need..... ultimately hurting papaya's bottom line....

Never forget... its the rarest cash shop items that keep people spending.... and therefore keeping UWO free to play.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Posts: 79Member Beginner
    If I am poor but hard working, I can succeed in UWO, but if the game were to offer the best ships, items, etc to those that could afford to  pay cash, I wouldn't stand a chance, and I would quit.  Lets get more players, not chase devoted  hard working players away.
    However, I do agree that the junk you get far too often in the Cove is a pain to get rid of, and the Legend Chest isn't a good solution, because you can turn in 5 charm boxes and get one in return., That is not right.
    If someone would fix the Legend Chest, that would help alleviate the problem.  
    Example, if you turn in 5 almost worthless items, but you get one much more helpful item in return, that would be great.
    It would be even better if could check  mark the categories you would like to get something from. That way you would at least get something that you wanted, and you would be very happy if you got something better like a ship

Culvern
  • lefox271lefox271 Posts: 495Member Intermediate
    It wouldn't affect the value of ships if Papaya sold them openly. But you would be paying maybe $1000 dollars for a top one. Otherwise Papaya would not maintain its revenue stream.

Personally I hate the lottery approach. I buy the consumables I want but I never buy lottery tickets.

I still wouldn't buy a $1000 dollar ship of course. In games like this I think the trick is to only want what you think you can get. Fact is, you can play this game for thousands of hours, and enjoy it ... on a budget. You don't really ned that top ship.
    purplepirateCulvern
  • VesuviousVesuvious Posts: 28Member Beginner
    That is why the top ships are in the lottery tho.... because of those players that have money to burn in order to get that ship they *want*

If pple could pick and choose wich ships they wanted... the available top tier ships for sale In game would dry up... especialy if they are expensive in real dollars.

As it is now... pple sell ticket ships that *they* dont want.... but someone in game does.
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    @lefox271 "You really don't need the top ship"

Very true, it is very much a 'want vs need' issue. I've been using the same MR ship from the very first round of captain tickets. I didn't even buy the ticket, my friend did then she gave it to me. I'd LOVE to get a SLM but i certainly wouldn't put myself in debt buying 100's of tickets to 'maybe' get one so i do without and still compete with top playerls who do and still win. Just because you have the top ship DOES NOT guarantee you will win any fights! Your skill as a player outweighs any item/gear/ship in the game.
    Oschtilefox271Culvern
    IGN: Samantha99
  • theedgedemontheedgedemon Posts: 237Member Trainee
    also if you really wanted to exchange money for ships you could buy something which has ingame value and sell it to players to get your ducats for that shiny ship, not the best money ducat ratio i think but solid and steady, sit in seville and listen to trade chat before buying things however there's always someone who wants something you may be able to supply
    Desire spawns madness, madness collapses into disaster.
    mankind never learns...
  • TryhardplsTryhardpls Posts: 3Member Beginner
    Thanks for the information.
  • MrAdrenalineMrAdrenaline Posts: 3Member Beginner
    Yeah, it's cool to buy a lot of stuff in the game and then win everyone who tries to beat you, but first, you must have money and in my childhood, I didn't have so much money to waste in the games, and I have to play and earn everything. I remember how I was playing tanks online, and I wanted very much to buy a new and cool weapon, but I didn't have money because you could buy it only with real money. Now of course that I already can afford to buy any gun I want in the games, but I don't want to play anymore. Working as a trader it's very cool that I work and spend time with my family at the same time and this is the awesomeness part. It's even easier to work after I started to use fbs, and know I mustn't follow the market for good companies.