Cannot get file version ini error and other problems.

ferrous103ferrous103 Posts: 2Member Beginner
3 days ago my warrock was working fine and suddenly when I opened the game again I get a cannot get file error where the version.ini cannot be read. I tried deleting it after keeping a copy of the version.ini,  no dice, the game wont start. I tried reinstalling the game, no dice. I reformatted my disk and reinstalled warrock, no dice. I reformatted it again and reinstalled, no dice. I tried to download a fresher file from papaya play but I get server not found error and http://patch.warrock.papayaplay.com/fullclient/WarRock_Downloader.exe seems to be down.

I figured that wherever this newest version.ini is stored, I cannot seem to access it for whatever reason. Just what is going on here?

Is there a fix to this? Can I get the newest version.ini file or at least its written entries so I can punch that in?

As an additional information, I still have this error even without a anti-virus and despite warrock being the only program aside from windows 7 and the system files needed to play the game in windows.

Please help, if you can.

Comments

• R3voxWRR3voxWR Posts: 568Member Intermediate
    Hello @ferrous103,

I'm going to paste the version.ini file code that I have today (2nd July 2019).

<!--
    [PATCH INFORMATION]
    Format = 0
    Launcher = 2
    Updater = 10
    Client = 27
    Sub = 1
    Option = 0
    [/PATCH INFORMATION]
    //-->

I don't know if pasting this on you file will fix the problem.

Try anyway,
    seeya.
    Intel Core i5-3450 - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 - 8 GB of Ram