Just admit it and disable!

Mrterr0rMrterr0r Posts: 244Member Trainee
These stupid new word filters that have been added to the game. Just admit that cross talk between teams / players is an issue and disable F2 chat for good. 

I am 100% guilty of trash talking.

But there is no need for it. There is not a single reason to speak to the opposite side during a game. And almost everything that is said is of a negative / toxic nature. Now in an effort to stop players flaming each other blocked common words that are not offensive in the slightest.

This game would be much better off with F2 chat disabled.  

Beta then 2007-2020

Comments

• Mrterr0rMrterr0r Posts: 244Member Trainee
    wtf why has it posted here... Forget the above. 

Beta then 2007-2020
  • VeclordVeclord Posts: 99Member Beginner
    ^ @purplepirate, Here is more evidence pointing towards a script issue.
  • VeclordVeclord Posts: 99Member Beginner
    We should try it and see if someone else can trigger it. @Mrterr0r, what forum were you trying to post this in before getting redirected here?
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    @Veclord Here is more evidence pointing towards a script issue

No, i don't agree with that (mostly anyways). Last year when this was happening alot, papaya looked into it to make sure there was no issues. Now considering Papaya monitors all the forums on a regular basis, they would see this happening all the time and would've fixed any script issues by now to make sure their site functions properly.

Now one thing I HAVE noticed, is that when you post a new thread, you have a list of options as to where you want your thread posted and all the games are listed. Uncharted Waters general discussion is at the top of that list (at least to us it is) so it seems that you can post anywhere in any game forum. Secondly, another issue you should notice is that not every thread is being directed here from those forums like it would be if there was a script issue. Thirdly, absolutely NO threads have ever come here from La Tale, only Black Shot, War Rock and Dekaron. It's important to know that quite often when those threads appear here they are talking about the rampant use of 'hacks' in those games.

I see it this way (which is why i said 'mostly' at the beginning of my post)... Normally when you make a thread, the side defaults the game and forum you are posting in (so your thread will post in the forum you are in). But since those games are infected with people using hacks, it's possible that those people connected with the use of hacks have 'broken' the cookie/default settings linking their computers to Papaya's site, which explains why they don't default to the forum they are in but what's listed on the posting choice list. Uncharted Waters General discussion is at the top of the list (coincidence?). Because those people have somehow affected the site, now they would have to manually set the forum they would want to post to or automatically get posted in the top of the list forum. This explains why only some threads 'mysteriously' end up here and why we've never seen any threads form La Tale (no hack problem in that game or ours) and why none of our threads end up anywhere else.
    IGN: Samantha99