GVONavi with win10

alallonzoalallonzo Posts: 0Member Beginner
Hello,

anyone has a solution to make work the GVONavi on win10 ?

thanks

Comments

• KaraddunKaraddun Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Right click desktop-Display Settings-Make sure your computer font size is set to %100
  • lefox271lefox271 Posts: 495Member Intermediate
    It works for me.

Note - I still use the old maps. Okay they don't have all the new cities, but I prefer them.
  • CocoaPuffBunnyCocoaPuffBunny Posts: 82Member Beginner
    I despise Windows 10 with a Passion!
    Grand Nephew said > "Windows 10 puts everything in your way to keep you from doing things"

--  Make sure that all your maps and files are together in a folder on your desktop.  I named my folder Navi.

--  Go into the folder, right-click GVOnavi.exe.  Drop down to [send to] and choose and click [Desktop (create shortcut)]

--  Right-click anywhere on your desktop screen, choose [Display] and left click. Make sure under "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" it's 100% (recommended).  Make sure under "Resolution"  that it is set to your monitor's native resolution.  (for my 24 inch wide monitor it's 1920 x 1080)

--  In the game, go into Settings and choose a Window Mode that gives you enough space on the side for the GVO navi window, and space at the bottom for important icons, like the UWO launcher, and GVOnavi shortcuts, browsers, music player, anything you need to access while playing the game.  (mine is set to 1440 x 900 Window mode; allows generous space for GVO window)

-- in game, move the UWO window to upper left.  Double-click on GVOnavi shortcut on the bottom  Click and hold edges of GVO Navi screen to resize on the right.

__  ***** IMPORTANT*****  If the GVOnavi screen touches the UWO game screen, it will not work!  Be sure to leave a little gap between them.

--  When you choose the Survey skill, the GVO should work. 

--  If you do a lot of Toon switching and transfers, click GVO off, as it will sometimes crash the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS:

As of Windows 7, you no longer own your files.  I have come across the "You do not have permission to . . ." notice when I was trying to save my work on other games, or trying to fix corrupt files.  Struggling with Permission files is a nightmare.

There is a program named "Take Ownership Pro".  It is FREE, and has no adware or Spyware.  It adds a "Take Ownership" option when you right-click on a file or folder.  I took ownership of that entire game folder.  Now I can save my work.  My Recycle Bin was corrupt.  Solution is to delete it, and let it automatically restore at reboot.  "you do not have permission to delete this folder".  I took Ownership of the entire Recycle Bin, deleted and fixed it.

Hope this helps.
    purplepirate
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    I use win7 still mostly cause i don't like win 10 either. Unfortunately Microsoft announced that they will be discontinuing support for 7 soon. This really sucks. MS has been in business for years but they still can't seem to get things right. I fear for the future lol.
    IGN: Samantha99
    Hello Purple Pirate.  I was forced to get Windows 10; I also loved Windows 7.  I also upgraded to a 1TB Solid State Drive.  I have Win 7 Offline on the old Spin Drive, along with Linux Mint.
    There is a free program that every user of Windows 10 should have.  It is free and does not spy or have ads.  It is called  O&O ShutUp 10.  It shows all the HIDDEN Cortana and Spyware settings in Windows 10, along with recommendations on what to turn on, off, or optional.  My computer is in Stealth Mode when I'm online.

Just look at all these hidden settings:

O&O ShutUp (Cortana) 10
    purplepirate
    I just had a huge Windows 10 update that unplugged Cortana's spying ears and turned on 3 hidden Telemetry on the sly.  I know because I checked the settings that were changed with  O & O Shut Up 10

purplepirate