Want to say a few things

ChocoQ420ChocoQ420 Posts: 48Member Beginner
I'd like to say a few things even though I quit playing the game (along with quite a few other people)
First and foremost, Papaya has done a good job with updates to the game. However, I feel like the contract is nearing its end, and DE and Papaya won't resign.
I've called this with both past publishers, in regards to not re-signing, and lately I've noticed events specifically centered around spending money, with no new real content to be noted. Resells of current skins/camo/varients we have, with 1 new character. Nothing gameplay related. Red flags, you could say. I think it should be noted that in the 2 years Papaya has had the game, we've had improvements in terms of F2P, though not so much in what we wanted from F2P.
Players want a general F2P Experience, paying for cosmetics only. Having recently played Borderlands 3, Gearbox even made note of this. There are companies that still respect their customers, and unfortunately there's just been a sheer lack of respect to the playerbase from the Publishers and Developers over the past 2 years (though to be fair, it's been alot worse under G1 and NexonEU)
Gameplay improvements, in 2 years, have still not been introduced. Namely being, FPS Rate fix due to Engine using GPU/Multi core on a CPU instead of running on 1 core like it has in the past.
In terms of Gameplay, the only F2P Things that have been updated (as far as I'm aware) are maps, and lucky break boxes, which are few and far between and have terrible drop rates, similar to all boxes in the game (as far as the last time I tested all of them. And many of you know I've spent well into the tens of thousands on this game)
I think there's just a severe lack of respect from the publisher not being straightforward with the playerbase in general. I'm not sure if Papaya signed a 3 year or a 5 year deal, but August 2019 was the 2 year mark, and if I'm thinking right, it's 1 more year under Papaya then it's done.

Will it be the end of the game? Probably not. I've talked with a couple of other Publishers who'd be interested in taking the game and trying to turn it around. But is it possible this might be the last year? Absolutely. DE Could decide to end WarRocks life cycle and just not sign with another publisher, and instead focus their efforts on a new game. Which, I'm quite sure they have been.

With this being said, I stopped playing WarRock entirely quite awhile ago. The game is being masqueraded with updates that are sales ploys, just like with the other publishers. They took away the ability to purchase permanent items, just to make us spend more money on permanent items. They'd rather look at numbers like "Oh, this is more profitable" vs "Let's do what the players want, and make the game & gameplay more fun" and as a gaming company, who's in the entertainment industry, focusing more on money vs focusing more on the experience, is the disrespect you've shown the community.

No, I won't be making any videos regarding WarRock, atleast under Papaya play. I'm still involved in the community, I still talk to players, I still get info on what people want (or a majority of players who still play.) and that's why I'm making this, because alot of players can't post stuff like this. They get absolutely bombarded or trolled, and the most common troll is "game ded lel" or a variant of that.

We'll see if the contract gets renewed next year, or if next summer comes around and we get the announcement "WarRock will be closing down" for the 3rd time. Honestly it's all on Papaya for not listening to the playerbase, and not getting DE to fix general gameplay fixes. You've lost more than a few high dollar spenders, including myself (I know of atleast 2 other people who've stopped and they spent close to what I spent) just because of the "business" decisions you guys make. Gaming is meant for entertainment, and under Papaya, WarRock isn't fun anymore. It's not fun to spend our money, it's not fun to support the game when the bare minimum of improvements have been made. Yeah they got rid of hackers, which has been a battle. But that's largely thanks to EAC. Yeah they improved framerate, but they didn't optimize the game for GPU/Multithread and it's still living in the Pentium 4 era. Yeah they've made maps F2P, but neglected fair use of the guns for everyone.

I'm a player who has almost everything in the game, yet I refuse to play because I just don't have fun anymore. Under G1 and NexonEU, I enjoyed spending money. I enjoyed the fact I could get perms whenever I wanted under NexonEU, I liked the love G1 Put into the game and how well they listened to what their customers wanted, though neither publisher is without their faults. Papay *has* done good for the game in terms of gameplay, I'm just saying that they've made the game less fun in almost every single aspect, and it ultimately comes down to what we can/can't buy, and what's fair for everyone to use. There's so much potential to make WarRock the best game, and it's like DE/Papaya only see how much money they can make. Honestly, for me, it doesn't matter if they start selling perms, it doesn't matter if they upgrade the CPU stuff, it doesn't matter if the entire game is remade in a new engine. I just won't come back to play under Papaya/support Papaya, because it's been 2 years of absolute heartbreak for a game I've loved to play for over 10 years. Alot of the community *were* hackers, let's be honest. I know I didn't mention ovc fix, but, OVC fix too.

I think that anyone who thinks WarRock can have a future, should stop supporting Papaya entirely until their contract is up. No more spending money. Let Papaya give the game up, and let one of the other publishers pick it up if they want too. I know 1 publisher who wants to take the game and make it more F2P friendly atleast. I don't know how much DE's asking for to recreate WarRock in a new engine/optimize the current one. The engine is so old I doubt anyone who worked on it works at DE. But it's neglect, the neglect of love poured into the game from the publishers/devs that failed the community, and I think that's the main thing that turned off most of the playerbase. NexonEU Was money hungry, but atleast they gave us sales that we wanted consistently. Papaya is money hungry in the sense of longevity of money rather than creating the "want" to spend money. Again, games are meant for entertainment, you guys have killed the entertainment value of the game.

And that's it, inb4 TL;DR
Hopefully you guys take my words and apply them in your own way. Til we get an actual good update. Hopefully I'll see you guys under a new publisher, ingame. Then I can fight with them for my missing retails coz it's honestly religious at this point for migration purposes, I always lose them. Atleast this time I have many a videos and streams to prove it.
Choco, out.
PAPAYAnexon2

Comments

• PAPAYAnexon2PAPAYAnexon2 Posts: 363Member Intermediate
    Every month i spent 300-500 euros on this shit. No more spending)) 

The biggest problem is not the respect of the players who give papaya their money. Next problem shit server from Germany. 

HGM Caronte, I'm waiting for your apology.
    Papaya who is more important for you, my money or hgm caronte?
    R3voxWRDruida
  • distortiondistortion Posts: 120Member Trainee
    tl;dr
  • SusanaNLSusanaNL Posts: 20Member Beginner
    300-400 euro a month on this game? LOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Dovla34Dovla34 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    Nocho 300-500 euros ... hahahahha. You give so much money and you're a bad player again
  • InsaahneeInsaahnee Posts: 22Member Beginner
    Yeah you are right. I had no problems with Nexon selling permanent op weapons. Nexon atleast supported the ESL Community. ESL was the only thing which was fun for me and all the competitive players. Since Papaya took over the little competitive scene also died. Lagg Bug is still here even if the bug is known for over 5 months now. This poor company just killed the game. I mean they can't even decrease the cqc explosive round time. 3 Minutes round in a fast paced game is too long in my opinion. NIU pushes Derbaran since Derbaran is mostly camping. So less retake and plant situations which makes the game mode very boring. There is no way Papaya can turn this game into fun again, because their decision making is selfish.

Solution List:
    Fix Lagg Bug
    F2P Competitive mode ( premium provided ) with quarter ranking and prices.
    Decrease CQC Explosive round time to 2 Minutes.
    Make tournaments with a commentator.
    Remake some maps. 
  • mitch0099mitch0099 Posts: 8Member Beginner
    Every single thing you mentioned here I've been preaching for years in game.
    I highly agree!