New Mode with a Weapon Tier list.

DragonForceWRDragonForceWR Posts: 520Member Intermediate
Heyho!

My Suggestion is a new Game option which will be active by default (like AutoTeam - so it has to be turned of manualy) which will give everyone 50% more EXP (so this mode will get used - same reason as AutoTeam)
I thought about this because it wouldnt prevent players to use the guns they paid for while at the same time it would still help to lower the amount of OP / P2W weapons used.
All you need to do is to Categorize every Weapon into Tiers (3 Tiers):

Tier 1 weapons can only be equipped only once. You cant use 2 Tier 1 Weapons at the same time.
Example: You cant equipp 2x Famas or 1x Famas & 1x DBR.

Tier 2 weapons can be equipped 2x at once. So you can equipp 2x Tier 2 Weapons at once but you cant use 3 of them.
Example: You can equipp 2x Ak47 but not 3x at once.

Tier 3 weapons can be equipped as much as u can / want (so 3x - 3rd, 5th & 8th slot)
Example: You can equipp 3x M4a1

You can Combine Weapons of the 3 Tiers in any order you want. All you need to do is to follow the Rules above.
So you Setup could look like 1x Famas & 2x Ak47 or 2xAk47 & 1x M4a1 etc.

Here is a example Tier List for every Class (The list is my opinion & nothing final)
imageimage
imageimage

What do you guys think about this suggestion ?
DruidaR3voxWRdistortion
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• Mrterr0rMrterr0r Posts: 244Member Trainee
    Weapons are not the problem. Although being able to equip the same op weapon in every slot is a bit much. But that is cash before gameplay. 

The problem is characters / classes. We need set teams so each side is even with the same amount of firepower. This will stop every game turning all sniper or if sniper off all heavy. I am getting really fed up of every game the majority of players are just laying down not moving not playing the objective of the game mode. 

Weapons are only overpowered due to the amount of them in a single room.

If 20 out of 32 are using an aw50 = OP 
    If 22 out of 32 are using an m249, jav, and rockets = OP

The above would bring more balance to a game and require teamwork too. You would rely on the heavys, and the engineers for vehicle game-play while the medics and assaults attack with the couple of the snipers as over-watch. 

Log in now and any room that is not restricted will be mostly snipers... Players laying down not moving. The overall game-play is awful theses days. 
    DragonForceWR
    Beta then 2007-2020
  • DragonForceWRDragonForceWR Posts: 520Member Intermediate
    my suggestion should apply in CQC aswell. Its not "only" for BG.

Btw to limit Classes wouldnt fix anything. If you limit snipers like 4 per team while idiots which arent able to snipe use those 4 sniping slots you cant do anything about it. It would rather ruin the match than help. Same for heavy.
    We both know the Communuity. We both know how ignorant they are. Your Idea is useless.
    Just because someone cannot play a role as a pro like you, does not mean its a useless idea. Set teams works well in other games on a first come basis. I would rather have a few players who are not the best players with a class then to play with a team full of snipers which is warrock in 2019
    Beta then 2007-2020
    So you rather play with a Team with useless Snipers because those players wont clear the slots for good players against a Team with good snipers? Like you want to play and die by "good" snipers with aw50f because your teammates arent able to kill them yes ? Nice.
    Druida
    A couple of snipers per team would not be an issue, no matter how good.  They could not cover every player and the map like they do now (based on a 32 player mode)  Some games i can barely move without being shot from someone i cannot see because there are so many snipers on the opposite team.  So even if there was up to four snipers per side this would in no way effect the game play because every game right now has way more then four per side.

Plus snipers have a place within the game. Same as heavy's. But we do not need whole teams of one class in one room. This is why it seems like a weapon is OP because of its over use if limited then there really is not an OP weapon in game.
    Beta then 2007-2020
  • [HGM]Cheerful[HGM]Cheerful Posts: 427WR GM Intermediate
    Hello, @DragonForceWR,

This is such an interesting idea and I'm so glad you put it forward. I'll definitely discuss it with the rest of the GM team to see what they all think about it and/or if they want to improve the idea in any way.

I highly appreciate your suggestion and the fact that you took your time to provide us with a list of the guns classified (although it might slightly be changed if it eventually gets implemented to the game). Thank you ever so much.

With regards to what you said, @Mrterr0r, I'd say we should not restrict the amount of classes which can be selected (as I said in other posts, some players, especially F2P players, do not have guns for every class, and if they obtain AW50F for 7 days as an event reward [for example], I'm sure they'd love to use it, and being restricted to use anything but sniper [because there are already X snipers in your side] he'd probably just leave the room to look for another one where he's allowed to use it, which doesn't look like a solution for the current issue with BG). Instead, I think many users go sniping because of the fog, which we're struggling to increase in many maps, but sometimes it's not easy to convince DE to make it come true. Nevertheless, let's stick to DragonForce's idea on this post. If you'd like to come up with a list of maps that do need a change in fog, I'll be more than pleased to read and comment on it. However, keep the list short (i.e. select the maps that need the change the most) as it's easier to tell DE "hey let's try to change these 3 maps" vs "let's change 10 maps".

Kind regards,

[HGM]Cheerful.
  • PAPAYAnexon2PAPAYAnexon2 Posts: 363Member Intermediate

This idea brings the new publisher closer 

I really hope that this  update will be done xD
  • distortiondistortion Posts: 120Member Trainee
    Really like this idea. However,
    This should be an OPTION to tick when you create a room. (Just as "ESL" Mode should be an option). 
    Not a permanent change to the game.
    My idea was to have it like the AutoTeam System. Active by Default. You need to untick it if you dont want to have it active.
  • HGMSelfishHGMSelfish Posts: 63Approved Member, WR GM Beginner
    Hello, @DragonForceWR,

I see Cheerful responded to your original post, but as you brought it up once again I will definitely put it forward to the rest of the GM team so we can all discuss it. 

Personally, I'm in favor for this system and I love that you took the time to write it all down. I'll let you know (or someone else in the GM team) if we have more information for you!

Kind Regards,
    [HGM]Selfish
    Regards,
    [HGM]Selfish

English & Dutch War Rock Game Master