Don’t Switch Guilds Before Obtaining Tutorial Permits

sonnenfnsonnenfn Posts: 0Member Beginner

Returning high-level Gama server player (on-and-off since Netmarble & after), finally came back after losing account to the latest change of hands. Created new character & finally excited to re-grind.

Started England, and also as an Adventurer - in Gama, the most effective way to acquire a decent skillset fast was to Not pick the job you wanted - as an aspiring Merchant, you start off with Adventurer to get Sail Handling & others, then Maritime for steering / gunnery etc, then finish off back at Merchant using the guild cards you get within the first 10-15 minutes of the old tutorial.

I was totally unprepared for the lock-out - apparently, there is a bug that if you complete other guild’s quests before completing two of your original guild in a row as per the tutorial, that you completely miss out on the trigger to unlock the Europe permit passes as per the tutorial immediately before heading to the new ‘school’ / ‘tutorial’ city.

I completed a single adventurer quest as per tutorial, but then went over to maritime and merchant guilds to complete a couple quests, and started the story, using the challenge QMPs to look for the guild/job change cards (unsuccessfully, mind you) before going back to complete the second adventurer quest.

Lo and behold, no tutorial permit trigger. I double checked the tutorial requirements, talked to the notable people around town, left the guild & came back in a few times, left the city & returned, reloaded game, even completed now 6 quests total - nothing. No permits, no liner.

I know I can grind my way through guild quests to 1200/600 game ( with story progress ) to open W. Europe, but that’s such a pain. The entire point of school / tutorial was to make the early levels easier to get through and get rewarded for demonstrating the basics.

But, I can’t even Get there right now, and I’m about 6-7 hours in (mostly of double checking I did everything correctly / hit the checklist, running little quests to get QMPs for merchant and maritime guild cards fast (no luck), but I’m just at 250 fame (mostly adv from discovering ports), and it’s going to take me hours longer just to get to get to where the Gama server started you off within the first 30 minutes through the old school.

I figure, it’s because I didn’t do both of the same guild quests in a row at the beginning to trigger the permit encounter. I code a bit so I figure that must be the underlying logic, and I did a few hours of troubleshooting myself to test the theory.

This bug sucks. This new tutorial system sucks (...although I initially thought I’d appreciate not having to travel around so much for Adv school). And it makes me question what other bugs are lurking later if ya’ll can’t even avoiding screwing up the tutorial to let players quick CP fame and playable ships.

I’m going to hold on a little longer and do the grind till I open W. Europe via story/fame, but it’s crap. I won’t be spending real money to support the game this time around unless ya’ll fix the basics of the game.

Also; spent some of that time grinding to lvl 11 questing to get into World Chat so I could get some help, or see if I missed something, or if others found that bug before... and all I got was a players telling me I’m wrong and treating me like a new scrub, when I have 5+ years into the game (main was AnarchistPrince), even though I was just letting them know my troubleshooting steps and looking for other solutions. Someone did at least suggest just straight grinding past what the tutorial should’ve given me, so I’ll try that, but I’m still very dissatisfied.