Is the game dead?

TerribleNewsTerribleNews Posts: 2Member Beginner
Just checking been gone for a year....world chat seams to be little to no activity much like my old company chat. Seville only had 146 people in it. Not much WTB or WTS shouts either.....maybe 3 in the 30min I was logged in. 

Comments

• TerribleNewsTerribleNews Posts: 2Member Beginner
    lol.....i posted this at about 8 or 9 hours ago and it finally got approved? 
  • pekkauwerpekkauwer Posts: 187Member Beginner
    oh dont forget toss me a coin to my o valley of trollers
  • TerribleNewsTerribleNews Posts: 2Member Beginner
    What is this about??? I don't get it?
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    The game still has a decent player base. It's not at the height it had a decade ago but still good. Activity is largely about time of the week. Many of the main users now are busy with rl (work, school, family etc...) but still log in to play. During the week, it is a little slower however, weekends are quite busy.

This weekend will have the monthly Epic Sea Feud so there will be alot of activity. Now ofc, how server activity affects a person is subjective. Doing adv and/or trade is more for solo players while maritime players will seek out others to battle with. There's always people looking for fleets for the new Sea of Wonders.

My advice is to get into an active company and connect with people in game. There's never a shortage of things to do in this game.
    Good luck and happy sailing...

Samantha
    IGN: Samantha99
    @TerribleNews the link i post is uwo discord... which supposed a gm/ca job but meh... just toss me a coin to me o valley of trollers
  • WesDoobnerWesDoobner Posts: 761Member Intermediate
    It's pretty steady except for the bitchboys like Pekkawuwer that make a hobby out of talking crap on UWO.
    purplepirate
    May the winds blow you well
  • Donny71Donny71 Posts: 45Member Beginner
    game actually died about 10 years ago this is the zombiefied remains of that game.. that someone keeps digging up then not going out and getting new players or leaving the same things in it that killed it the first time. player greed items in game should be capped no matter what they are.. rare ship and you don't wanna part with it for less them 30B to bad game sets limits on them make the people playing this game actually play it. go to SEA and bring back rare items ok fine but limit them to a reasonable amount or make it so it they cant be sold in bazaars. these are just some of the things that make new players quit... everything is too expensive for new players i am sure some of you remember your first time playing especially those old farts who was around when this game started.. it used to be fun school chat sometimes had so many people you couldn't get in for a hour or more. now maybe 10 people in there.. make the game fun again for new players or it will died and be dug up by someone else in a few years.... 
    ohhh yummm, another forum TROLL for me to plunder (good day to hunt) >:)

@Donny71 game actually died about 10 years ago this is the zombiefied remains of
    that game..

wow, you really are a totally clueless scrub when it comes to this game who has no concept of in game mechanics and systems. First off this game in only alittle over 10 years old and was quite popular back in the early days. The game was so small back then and didn't even have EA, back then that the economy wasn't in the billions that it is today, you DO understand that this game suppose to follow a timeline of development over a 300year period, not stay stuck in the dark ages lol.

The first mass drop in population back in the day came from unrestricted pirating on other players, NOT overinflated prices in the market. Rules were introduced that 'nerfed' piracy and plunder which kept the non maritimer's but ultimately caused the maritime population to drop! It wasn't until piracy was nerfed and alts were allowed to be used that the economy started getting out of wack. Even by the end of OGP there was still quite a decent population in game though.

On OGP, when i joined I remember that feeling of "i'll never be able to afford anything" to but I LEARNED how to make money properly in the game and understood why items/ships were priced the way they were. Money is SOOOOO EASSSSYYYY!!!! to make in this game. You can make 1-2b per day just grinding dungeons alone (if you do them properly) and if that's not your deal then you can make several billions per day doing nanban trading (if you do it properly). The real problem is you are a scrub who even after 10 years still doesn't know how to play this game properly!

not going out and getting new players

Papaya has this game on steam now which has attracted a huge mass of new players

leaving the same things in it that killed it the first time.

What cause they brought back plunder and deck battle? LOL! This makes the game better you scrub! UWO isn't just about traders/adv you know. FYI it's the maritimer's on this server who spend the most money and keep the game alive for you little to non paying players even able to play this game! Oh you don't want to be involved with pvp piracy? Fine, ever heard of a no war pact (blue flag) you cheapskate, you should be grateful there was even a company to pickup the game after OGP folded you petty selfish man.

player greed items in game should be capped no matter what they are..
    rare ship and you don't wanna part with it for less them 30B to bad game
    sets limits on them make the people playing this game actually play it.

OMG 'player greed'? Don't make me laugh, you truly have NO concept of actual in game costs and ZERO clue why people sell ships for the price they do, but lets look at what it would cost to make a top tier ship in this game noob...

-ship modding 1.5-2b per mod (including ssips and uwc ship parts). For a top tier ship anyone who know anything will only or mostly use uwc parts on it or it would waste the ship. For a fully max modded ship (average 18 improves) translates to a total of 25-35b
    -grading g0-g6 3-4b
    -grading g6-g8 25-30b (mat ships must be uwc at this grade)
    -top tier ship ticket 30b (your proposed cost cap)
    GRAND TOTAL: 85-100b (in game cost not including what the seller would want to profit on it)
    Right now cost range for top tier ships are 80-120b which is exactly what people are selling for. So explain to everyone on this board how the hell anyone could sell their ship if the cap is 30b Einstein? Ya, you truly are clueless in this game noob.

go to SEA and bring back rare items ok fine but limit them to a reasonable amount or make it so it they cant be sold in bazaars.

SEA????? wow, what era are you living in??? Nanban is the big money trade in this game NOT SEA you noob (10 year player my butt xD).

everything is too expensive for new players i am sure some of you
    remember your first time playing especially those old farts who was
    around when this game started.

Ummm what new player needs top gear and ships???? you can't even use top ships because of you low lvl's LOL! Do you even know what you're talking about? The game provides everything low lvl players need in the game to get by and develop the real problem here is that you don't know the game.

it used to be fun school chat sometimes had so many people you couldn't
    get in for a hour or more. now maybe 10 people in there..

Wait are you trying to tell me that after over 2years of Maris server that you are STILL in school chat???? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omg you just summed up you whole experience with the game in that one statement xDDDD Pretty much everyone who plays this game regularly has atleast one profession maxed to lvl 87 now. The real problem is you don't play the game and just want everything for free without having to put effort into it.

make the game fun again for new players or it will died and be dug up by someone else in a few years.... 

been listening to scrubs like you preach this for over 2years now and yet Maris still goes on...

I went back though your profile and read you limited number of posts here. NOT one single post saying anything positive about the game, just abunch of crying about multi's and pirates, why you still playing if you don't enjoy this game? You and @Pekker make quite a pair of clueless scrubs that complain more than they play, nothing but a pair of toxic players to this game.

Go back under the bridge you crawled out from troll, learn how to play the game...
    pekkauwer
  • JayburnerJayburner Posts: 1Member Beginner
    @Donny71 crybaby lol
    You can make 1-2b per day just grinding dungeons alone (if you do them properly) and if that's not your deal then you can make several billions per day doing nanban trading (if you do it properly). 

you do know theres 3 branch of this game + the bosh'tet(borrow from mass effect 3) skill call body language which consume 20 vig? oh let newbie learn body language and dump all the language... and wham... er i cant talk to this npc, in new location... and im out of vigour, let me help-give money and some roasted pizza and when newbie leave the scene, eat back newbie? pretty scheme right for SUCH HYPOCRITE MARITIME PLAYER

Fine, ever heard of a no war pact (blue flag) you cheapskate,

yeah everyone heard of them, but none cant buy em always y'reckon?
    600m is pretty big money... go do syracuse and get that stupid alchemy things loot which barely sell... only nuts do that

Wait are you trying to tell me that after over 2years of Maris server that you are STILL in school chat????

dont make gazi sad face lol, you know that sometimes a helper can enter school chat, you just even ridicule yourself... tsk tsk tsk

NOT one single post saying anything positive about the game, just abunch of crying about multi's and pirates, why you still playing if you don't enjoy this game?

we shout all over to multis because this not happen on the past...
    gm sheebs i dare you, and I DARE YOU AGAIN, make this single player game. Why?
    one company - baby shark, mummy shark, daddy shark, grandpa shark, grandma shark
    if its mmorpg, ITS A TALKING GODDAMN COMPANY NOT AN ARMY OF ALTS AKA BOTTER AND YES I JESS YOU MULTI BY CALLING YOU BOTTER, EVEN SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE... ouh alts help people too...... then helping eat them back? *chuckles*

lastly dont bother with this game, go play here better, invest in this game is worth every penny rather than this stupid multi bots game 

ty gmail for topic notification

for fuckers multi in UWO
    You can always tell spring is near when the animals start coming out of their burrows.

@Pekker bark all you want, you've already shown everyone on this board that you are an incompetent player and habitual liar. Sorry but you have no credibility here anymore or do we need to resurrect that thread to remind people who you really are. All it would take is a 'bump' troll...
    Is it matter anymore?
    sigh small handphone, big hand...

yeah go show it to your multi ass online role playing community then
  • RadekpRadekp Posts: 28Member Beginner
    This game surely doesn't die but most of the old players don't like rules when Papaya set so for that reason most of them abandon this game. By my opinion this game is very unfair in this time. All good things can be only bought for quite a big real money. A lot of things are deliberately restricted for example making ships because good made ships need level 85 - 85 for building and using and it is quite unreachable. You can't buy document needed for making  docks which could be always regularely bought in shops in the past. This way nobody can have more ships now. SSIPs are unneccessarily very expensive even MSTs and MTTs are expansive too. Such prices for ships about tens billions are ridiculous. Quests are mostly unworthy to play because rewards are again ridiculous in comparison for prices of things from coves. Some people say pay in order Papaya could operate this game but by my opinion playing mmo games isn't charity from players. If Papaya is unable hold old players in game and bet only for hiring all the time new players who will abandon this game after some time anyway so I thing it is something very bad in all strategy of handling this game and many things should be exchanged here. I would like to parake in ESFs but I always hate  must fleet with anybody. I would like to be able to play alone without searching for anybody. This game should be just for any players but it isn't. Poorer players without possibility to buy tickets other things don't have almost any chance here. I play this game many yers already because I like sailing ships but I really don't like nowadys situation in the game. I hope it will exchange in the future somehow. 
    adasek
  • FerrolioFerrolio Posts: 68Member Beginner
    @Radekp First and foremost -- Spacing is important. Hard to read that wall of text with no paragraphs.

You must be unfamiliar with the game nowadays as some of what you have said is incorrect. For example - you can build any ship at whatever shipbuilding rank these days -- even without the levels required to use it.

You can also get at least 1 dock space in your nation's colony using ducats and patriot awards. It doesn't cost very much at all.

You can get MST's and MTT's for free just by playing the game in numerous ways.

You can do pretty much all content without a UWC ship. Granted PvP is the one possible exception, but even there you can make do with some guile and creativity using an FS ship. Not to mention that it is a only a very small part of a very large game.

I can keep going, but it seems you have built up this negative image of some aspects of UWO that you dislike and are using it to cloud your judgement of the entire game. If it makes you that upset -- you don't have to play it. Or maybe just focus on trade and adventure. That has occupied many players for all these years. There are even PvE things you can do like Ganador or Sea of Wonders, if you want to do maritime, but don't want to partake in the PvP aspects.

A key thing many people should know about UWO is that it is a F2P game, so of course they need to make money in some way. But just about every cash item(including ships) is something you can buy with ducats from other players. And that allows for tremendous possibilities, even for someone that doesn't want to fork up any cash.

But hey -- if you're like me and you're too lazy to make ducats -- just take up the fun, chill life of an adventurer ;)
    purplepirateDanielFreedomHunters
    @Radekp This game surely doesn't die but most of the old players don't like
    rules when Papaya set so for that reason most of them abandon this game.

Well this is just not true and is only your opinion. The reason most left this game was because they didn't want to put in the time commitment again after the reset. All you have to do is go back to the forum threads here from the first 6 months and read what people said to see that. FYI, there has been a large migration back to this game from many of the players from back on Gama. I know this because i play the game everyday and am in contact and see names from the old server now back playing this game again.

By my opinion this game is very unfair in this time. All good things can be only bought for quite a big real money.

Although it may seem like seem like it, it's not really it just depends on your perspective and knowledge of the game. Everything you could ever want in this game is attainable if you really want it. Most stuff in this game is far cheaper now on Maris than it was back on Gama server.

You can't buy document needed for making  docks which could be always regularely bought in shops in the past.

All the expander's including skill/captain bag/binder etc...should all be available in the uwc shop but i can't understand why papaya chooses to limit these. They only make the game more enjoyable and easier to play for everyone and I agree that it's silly to only release once in awhile for a limited time.

SSIPs are unneccessarily very expensive

25-30m isn't bad price for them. when you buy in bulk you can usually get a better price on them but shop around.

prices for ships about tens billions are ridiculous.

Actually it's not, you need to understand that those ships you see selling for those prices are NOT PART OF THE BASIC GAME, they are additional content that have been added as extras though cash shop. You can play the game fully without using any cash shop item. If you want a cash shop item then someone along the line has to spend real world money to get it, even if you don't spend anything at all. This is why they are more expensive, they're bonuses to the game not natural parts of it. And before you say that additional content shouldn't be part of the game i'll stop you right there. Any game out there will die after a short time if they don't keep the game fresh and growing as players will get bored and move to other games.But with the exception of top ships, most ship prices out there are averagely lower now than they were on Gama

Quests are mostly unworthy to play because rewards are again ridiculous in comparison for prices of things from coves.

Well there's your problem right there, you're not suppose to be doing quests if you want to make money. You're suppose to be trading!!!! Nanban trading is the fastest easiest way to make big bucks in this game in a short period of time.

Some people say pay in order Papaya could operate this game but by my opinion playing mmo games isn't charity from players.

So you're saying that papaya is suppose to be charity to you??? Ummm, hello they are by the fact that this is free to play game. The only other way would be if we had a subscription based server like they do on some of the Asian servers. This won't work here mostly because the playerbase is to low to sustain that kind of operation. Also because this game has a long developing time for characters, people won't justify short time casual play for having to pay month fee whether they play or not.

I would like to parake in ESFs but I always hate  must fleet with anybody.

ESF is very easy to participate in. If you are looking for people then ask on world chat where the fleets are meeting for your nation, there you can find people to join with and there's ALWAYS people looking to fill their fleets with someone in both pvp and pve. Even if you can't or don't want to join anyone else you can still play solo just by fleeting with a alt and leaving the alt in port while you sail out and play (all you have to do is change ships on both char for each round).

Poorer players without possibility to buy tickets other things don't
    have almost any chance here. I play this game many yers already because I
    like sailing ships but I really don't like nowadys situation in the
    game. I hope it will exchange in the future somehow.

I get that but I have to ask... if you just want to sail around and play this game casually, then why would you even worry about top end cash shop gear? You can do everything you need in this game without it unless you want to play competitively against other players. The people who have the worst time in this game are the ones who put more focus on other player's success and game rather than their own. You need to redirect your focus to you own game and strive to better yourself. If you want to play with cash shop items then there's easy ways in this game to get those items without spending real world money, all you have to do is ask how...
    DanielFreedomHunters
    you do know to sail eveywhere, you need blue flag?
    oh wait, pirate/privateers none care about other classes
    DanielFreedomHunters
    played on Maris for over 2 years now and not once have i ever needed or used a blue flag or trib. Fact is active player pirates are rare in this game to run into since the seas are so large. If you are a smart player you can avoid pirates easily in this game...
    DanielFreedomHunters
    If you are a smart player you can avoid pirates easily in this game...

quoting from starcrossed movie, damn i enjoy the movie so much,robert de niro looks good on victorian cloth

"what do stars do?" "shine"
    "what do adventurers do?" "ofc mapping you bloody fool..."

smart or not, adventurers always intend to do maps and charting and sometimes need to lurk

those hidden coast....unless you claim thief, and those battle.. nuh uh, thats not adventurer job, thats battle job
    As usual, your posts have nothing to do with whats being talked about. You're like a chicken running around with it's own head cut off that's how all over the place you are lol.
    DanielFreedomHunters