Daily boot-outs

Live4uwoLive4uwo Posts: 30Member Beginner
Its is getting really odd with all those almost daily boot-outs. Is it kind of game transition to win10 procedure or is those boot outs are about something different on-going? I think all players deserves to play game 24/7/356-6 in stable conditions. If there are any daily urgent maintenance it would be nice Papaya should let us know. Also it would be nice from Papaya to explain game population why massive boot-outs are happening lately a lot...or what is the cause of them. Are those boot-outs affect all players so even those who runs game under Win10 system feel the same issue or this affect only Win7 users? I would really like to know the boot-out issue because I could better plan any br's/trading/s-wrecking activity...right now I  am not sure if 1hr 100% will last whole or just for 1/2hr. Please...

emmanuelmilo717

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    It is annoying getting booted. I sympathize with those that are using limited timed boosts especially if that person paid cash for it from the shop.

As a maritimer, server stability is particularly important as it's critical that we don't disconnect in battle. Especially in PVP, getting dc'd could mean the difference to having high value item plundered. How will papaya compensate this when it happens? Give us a $2 dollar boost for loosing a $20 dollar item??? lol

I would be willing to see the server down for a day of maintenance if it meant getting this issue fixed once and for all. Not sure if it has to do with win 10 or not. I'm using win 7 and it happens to me (not to often though).
    emmanuelmilo717
    IGN: Samantha99
  • LyonesseJosephLyonesseJoseph Posts: 637Member Intermediate
    Man, I just got boot out of game while ago as well as my alt kept getting "Failed to Authenticate" msg after he tried to log in the game.
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    here we go again

IGN:JackO'Neil
    OMG, this is 2nd time that I got boot out of game today.
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Posts: 79Member Beginner
    Took 4 attempts to log in with each try getting "Failed to Authenticate" msg.
    What is happening?  Finally got in. 
    It is annoying but they do have a message on the log in screen about migrating to a new more stable server. Hopefully this will fix all the problems.
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    and hopefully they do it soon
    IGN:JackO'Neil
  • LydiaJosephLydiaJoseph Posts: 0Member Beginner
    OMG, this is 2nd time that I got boot out of the game today.
  • emmanuelmilo717emmanuelmilo717 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    I agree this booting system is frustating to deal with, i mean what is the point? If the booting system must continue it should only happen to people in city/town NOT to people sailing.
  • emmanuelmilo717emmanuelmilo717 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    just like to say as soon as i commented there was a message that basically answered my question of why booting kept happing but my god guys this should had been announced days ago...
  • adasekadasek Posts: 24Member Beginner
    time to reset server and kill players .like 2 years ago
  • RadekpRadekp Posts: 28Member Beginner
    Booted out is very bad because bazaar saling is destroyed. And this booting out is always accompany with failing identification which is terrible. Players should be compensate because of that. 
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Posts: 79Member Beginner
    It would be nice to know when the system will be fully migrated and stable, with no more boot-outs other than for power failures and earthquakes.
    I would also be nice if compensation could be in the form of something usable like purchase orders or LCC's or Forging tools.  For example, one LCC for every boot out of a main player or their alt.
    My main concern is that the boot outs are discouraging occasional players from continuing.to play, and every day players would be reluctant to encourage new players to try the game.

• SeperallisSeperallis Posts: 21Member Beginner
    The game login screen says that the transition to the new server hardware will occur at 9AM (PST), 26 January. I suspect we'll find out in about 12+ hours whether it solves the issue.
    UWO: Seperallis (DutchCourage) & M'aiq (FreedomHunters)
    Dutch for Life.
    No, they said they will attempt to fix connection server issue tomorrow morning (server time). Unfortunately, I got boot out of the game again then kept getting "Failed to Authenicated" msg over and over again before I finally got in. However, it's impossible for me to play the game today because of that. Dang, I shouldn't have used 30d Skill Prof and Speed boost ,but I hope tomorrow will fix everything so that I can play the game fully till boost expires after 30 days. I think I also used shared storage and strongbox permit as well.
  • adasekadasek Posts: 24Member Beginner
    can you kick players every 30 min it will be better to play, especially when using items
  • sareenwaterssareenwaters Posts: 32Member Beginner
    Not sure what they did this morning, but same stuff different day as far as can see.  Still cannot long in at all.  Same errors. (Hmmm, do I want to continue spending money on this game.)
    @sareenwaters my game has been running fine since the maintenance, no boot outs. I'm not saying the issue is fixed but its definitely better than before.

Why would you come on publicly and threaten papaya? They are taking steps to fix the issue. This maintenance was a quick fix until the migration. If you like this game than be patient.
  • nbroy123nbroy123 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    hey papaya u won ,i quit
  • GeoffGrUKGeoffGrUK Posts: 0Member
    Booted 3 times today and now can't get back in. Tried 6 times in the last 20 min.
    Wouldn't be so bad if the game wasn't a pain to log into in the first place.
  • lucifer1964lucifer1964 Posts: 0Member Beginner
    it's been over half an hour and I still can't log back in. never had a boot last that long before. I'm starting to think it might be time to contact someone who has a clue what to do about this mess instead of just promising a server migration in the hopes of placating us players. this is just downright stupid at this point

• sareenwaterssareenwaters Posts: 32Member Beginner
    @purplepirate Saying they are going to fix it and fixing it are 2 different things.  I cannot even get logged in today.  I have been hearing for weeks how they are going to fix it.  Yet here we are, still no date set, same problems.  It did seem to get better for a short while, at least the disconnect were not as often.  But they are getting worse again.  

I am not threatening them, it is a serious consideration.  It seems rather pointless to pay for modifiers, storage facilities, blue flags, etc.  If I cannot use them because of constant disconnects or unable to even log in to play. 

I am glad the game is playing better for you, that is awesome!  
  • Ajust123Ajust123 Posts: 75Member Beginner
    Just like to add that my selling Toon has been on for the past 3 days without being booted, I played yesterday for 6hrs and was not booted. You be the judge of that.

• Live4uwoLive4uwo Posts: 30Member Beginner
    Agree with Ajust. For a week now there are less or even zero boot outs so it looks like shifting progress goes okay. Maybe those who are still on old servers still feels boot outs but I guess this will be less when they will be on new ones.
    @sareenwaters "saying they are going to fix it and fixing it are 2 different things"

They are 'saying' they are going to fix it is to ease people's fears and show that they are on top of it, if they didn't then players would assume papaya didn't care. It's not like they can just 'flip a switch' and its done. Sheebs even came on chat a few nights ago to ease peoples fears.

As for 'doing', I'm under the impression that it will happen towards the end of the month when we get the new patch. As I said for now we all have to be patient. I'm confident this will work out for everyone :)

Samantha