how do you continue playing?

darquiesdarquies Posts: 5Member Beginner
So last night I learned they changed everything with SB.(my fault for not looking at forums b4 starting the game)

Today I lost out on a quest cause I didn't know the lingo(my fault)  

and found out SB is like 1 point per day, are you serious?

So before I begin this ain't a Rage quit post.  but more like, ok What can I do to LVL SB as fast as possible. 

And before you ask, yea, i'm still butthurt over the server wipe so long ago :(  

can't get over dat pain man

Comments

• CrzyPsycoChickCrzyPsycoChick Posts: 667Member Intermediate
    I went through this same rage months ago lol.  SB'ing is changed but  they do make it easier as you get higher in rank as you can build ships that take longer to build for more prof so you can now set it and forget it vs back in my day where you had to run back and forth in algiers every 6 minutes  grrrrrr. So harder starting out but easier as you get higher in rank

In addition I was told there are new boosters to Sbing to make it easier. One is a pricey clothes that has +2 to SBing  another is a sword with +SBing so you don't have to worry about the low dura saw anymore and it can be repaired with MST.  There's also cash items like one to power level aides so you can boost Chester or who ever really quickly to get +1 SBing and theres a cash item that gives +3 to SB'ing temporarily we didnt have all that fancy sh*t back in my day.

Since you can now build ships that take much longer to finish for prof that now frees you up to play the game and make cash while the ship builds so you start a 30 min+ build time ship and go nanban or go do BR or build ship parts. Could not do this before as you had to rush back to the dock every 6mins to build the next ship.  All that extra cash you will be raking in while building ships can now be used to finiance cash items like boosters to gain more prof or blue flags

So looking at it this way...I'll say SB'ing is easier now and more fun since you're not chained to Algiers spamming Turkish Galleys for weeks until youre ready to go postal!

Hope this helped and gave you more hope :)
    purplepirate
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    Another factor is that 100% boosts are so easy and cheap to get thx to papaya flooding the game with them that ranking is much faster for all the skills now. I'm not talking server boosts, I'm referring to the abundance of charm boxes people are selling from the cove. These 100% boosts for 1 hour can really speed your progress up, and they are cheap at 30-40m each. I wouldn't bother with the +2 sb outfit, there's so few copies of that gear in the game that I highly doubt you'll find anyone who will sell it. Stick to raquin +1 sb gear as it's easier and cheaper to get. Right now there is a server boost, so its a good time to rank (between charm, server boost and skill notes you can get +220% boost now).
    IGN: Samantha99
  • CrzyPsycoChickCrzyPsycoChick Posts: 667Member Intermediate
    thanks purp  didnt know about that

Oh Also when i said it gets easier as you level here is the new Shipbuilding proficiency formula

0.525 * Days building * SB'ing Base Rank    

So as you level you gain more prof points so stick with it it'll work out  :)
  • WesDoobnerWesDoobner Posts: 761Member Intermediate
    You can make R20 SB in a few days right not, just buy a shitload of the cheap ESBR's floating around.
    May the winds blow you well