Live4uwoLive4uwo Posts: 30Member Beginner

Can anyone  explain to
me if this issue can be named a fraud? Few days ago on Trade chat a message
from Duddie appear: WTS SLM G6 0/7 fresh 10b. It was interesting to buy for
myself, not for resell and told to come to Sev dk. I came to Sev and contact
seller but after few attempts I got answer about Duddie is afk and I go to talk
to Cindrella about it. Contacted Cindrella about SLM and I wait….I wait and
later because of no answering I figured out it all about SLM could be a sick
joke. Also meanwhile when I stood at dk a Purgy was running around say-ing “There
is no SLM…it was a joke”…  Later I figured
out when I ported few different cities a Purgy was also there..was it
coincidence…am I been followed…why? Frankly this was disturbing and not good at
all. I am old player and well known that players who invest a lot into game they
think they can do and say anything they like and nobody will warn then about
bad behavior. This is well known and still nothing changed since very game
restart on PP. But however imagine a new fresh player, all happy and wondering
about cool game advertised its players base is fair and good and helpful and honest
and that newbie is interested to buy such good ship and later realize he/she
was been pricked or mocked? Some or many such players should start to behave as
mature and not like kids or even think they are some kind of ubermensch…because
they are not even uber or mensch. So people be careful about those toon’s
advertisement on Trade chat because you could be tricked or fooled or even scammed.

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    G6 slm for 10b? Most people would know thats just a joke, but even if it was legit the wait alone should've told you it wasn't going to happen especially if they stopped responding to you. I wouldn't take it to seriously. I've seen many people post joke quotes and have even seen someone posting MCCT's at 1m each lol (joke mostly cause people don't sell mccts in trade chat lol). i wouldn't put to much stock in it since Duddie is a pirate lol.
    IGN: Samantha99
  • Live4uwoLive4uwo Posts: 30Member Beginner
    Since I got some high priced uwc items-robes for super nice price in the past I thought that was serious. But looks like it was a bad joke. So being a pirate it means you can play tricks on people all because people are afraid of pirates and thus they wouldn't report such bad manners just in case to be safe out there? Maybe but even if a person is a high famous and fearless pirate at max battle lvl if doesn't mean I will be shut off and be afraid of them. No way! I know few people- strong in game pirates but they behave and act like normal people and not like they are gods. Well now as far as I know I won't take any wts/wtb too serious from people mention in 1st post. They are just...out of my league :)  
  • Donny71Donny71 Posts: 45Member Beginner
    what i find funny is that anyone would pay that kind of cash for any ship.. this is why this game has failed several times already player greed. and this is why so many new players don't last more then a few weeks or even less. they start out enjoying the game then when they can enter world chat and see their few million they may have saved is equal to finding a empty water bottle in the middle of a desert.
    fliblew666
    @Donny71 i've already address this issue in the main thread you troll...

@Live4uwo It has nothing to do with being a pirate when it comes to chat behavior. I've seen pirate players and non pirates on chat playing jokes like that. Its not so much about being serious i think as some people just get bored and want to stir up some fun. Don't get me wrong as sometimes you can find amazing deals but other times if it's "to good to be true" then it's probably was a joke so dont take it personally. Now if you found a deal and you gave money without getting what you agreed on then take a screen shot and send it to the GM's and they will refund you. Always be alert for scams but realize sometimes a post is just meant for fun :)
  • fliblew666fliblew666 Posts: 45Member Beginner
    Every MMO has the gap between Newbie money, and later game money.
    You must accept later you can make that kind of money for higher end gear/ships.. 
    There are many dungeons and trade runs you can make to easily get 10b for those ships, and the SLM is way more then that, but it's a small grind for the worth? It's very worth getting an LLM or SLM to tow you around super fast.
    If it was easy to get it easy, it wouldn't be a game, or fun at all.\

You're welcome, stay safe and beautiful <3