Returning player with few questions

jwon8218jwon8218 Posts: 0Member Beginner
I remember when OGP died, there was something about getting free stuff on the new server. Is that still ongoing? And I read somewhere that the game is now less pay to win and I was wondering how. 

Is pvp more like how it is on the east asian servers with gear being able to be plundered? Are there people around to pirate or do they all blue flag? Are blue flags and other shop items like the speed charm still around and abundant? Did they bring back deck battle?

Is the game still releasing new updates? 

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    Hi jwon, welcome back to UWO. To answer your questions I'll let you know that the game is as much if not more fun than back on OGP. When Maris first started there was rewards offered to returning players from ogp, but they cut off the rewards after the first year of Maris. Unfortunately it's to late for you to cash in on that but honestly the rewards wern't great so you really haven't missed out on much.

When Maris first started with the 'age of revolution' patch, it was announced that the game was going to be more maritime focused so they changed some of the rules for it. Deck battle and plunder were brought back but plunder ONLY affects in game items not cash shop items, and there are mor maritime events now which is nice.

As for the pay to win aspect, every cash shop item is easily gotten in game now on merchant chat and since papaya flooded the game with top end items, everything ( with the exception of top ships and a few cash items) are far cheaper and easier to get than back on gama.

Give the game a try. There's alot lower population now than back then but it is steady. But afterall the game is 10 years old now but does still have regular updates :)
    Hope this helps...

Samantha
    IGN: Samantha99