Can items in the strongbox be plundered?

I know that items in the Captain's Bag can't be plundered, but don't know if the same is true for items stored in the strongbox 1 or 2.  
Also are both Hyper Cannons and Deluxe Cannons plunderable?
Appreciate your feedback

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    items in strongbox CAN'T be plundered. As for cannons... hypers are made in game so they can be plundered, deluxe cannons depend on they type. If they are deluxe black cannons, those are from cash shop so the can not be plundered. Basically any in-game item can be plundered while all cash shop items are safe from plunder.
    IGN: Samantha99
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Posts: 79Member Beginner
    Thank you so much. Always confusing.
    I was told that Alchemy can protect some cannons and other items from plunder.
    Is that correct?  How much would an Alchemist charge typically if they could do that?

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    I'm not sure about alchemy protecting your gear, I've not heard that. I know alchemy can make items that increase plunder rates but not to protect them, mind you my knowledge is limited when it comes to that skill. Ask on merchant chat in game, more people will see you message than on the forums.
    IGN: Samantha99
  • HuseyinGaziHuseyinGazi Posts: 158Member Trainee
    There is no miracle from alchemy to reduce the plunder rate of your items. :-(
    Even if I forge my mjolnir for instance, it is still subject to plunder.

Shipskill called "improved hold" reduces the rate up to 80 % to make one of your items being plundered. That being said, there is no guarantuee safety for your in-game items to be plundered.

That is why for my own case I maxed out crew on both my ships.
    Last thing, captain bag are consumable store place and almost no consumable item is plunderable. :-)
    Though they can burn from dungeon chest traps (excluding uwc ones).

Kind Regards,
    purplepirate
    IGN: [CA]Huseyin_Gazi
    Dedicated Adventurer and Maritimer
    Other toon: Disi_Aslan (trader, production, R20 SB'er and Director of OA)
    Osmanli_Aslanlar