Seville Company disappearance

Live4uwoLive4uwo Posts: 30Member Beginner

Greetings. Since PP didn’t fully explain company disappearance
issue between 19th and 20 February I am asking over here if anyone
has any clue why that happened. I am, or was, a director of Niflheim company
located in Seville. It is, or was, a kind of family&relatives company thus closed
for joining and that worked nice till 19th or 20th February
2020. Since I had some health issues in the past, and still  happening, I was aware to log in to game every
14 days so I did so in case not to lose company. Deputies worked on every month
contributions and aide fleets so company was active and alive and has, had,
fully developed colony. Plus all of that company storage has been filled with valuable
UWC items (~ 15b+). On 20th February one of deputies (family relative)
informed me she cannot do any contribution because our company exists no more
in Seville. I was shocked…very shocked since company has been fully operative
and working and for sure it has much more fame than many Sev companies I see they
only has zero fame and 5 members and are still listed on. Wonder why and how.
Besides all that she, a relative, told me she noticed someone is buying company
in Seville over trade chat a week before and later comp buying advertisement has
been gone around the time she figured out our company is no more in Seville.
Now, can anyone constructively explain me why or how can happen that fully operational
and active company disappears just like that? It wasn’t sold that’s for sure
because it was family company with active members, has decent fame, contri’s
has been done every month and me as a director was logged into game every 14
days. Now…how that can happen? When I’ve heard about Sev comp buying advert on
trade chat I was thinking of…we’ve been scammed or robbed. Is it possible CA’s
and GM’s has authorities to quit/close a company by themselves or this can be
done only by PP or by automated system itself? I can accept that company has
been lost during server transitions but I believe IT did backup files before
transitions for sure and there our company can be found for sure….till 19th
February 2020. Also with backup files company can be brought back to life and
also all uwc items stored in comp storage, colony and fame..and all members…
Any ideas on how comp can suddenly disappear eventhou decent fame, active
members, monthly contri’s, aide fleets and director logged in every 14 days?
Strange and sad…isn’t it.

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    hmmm, a couple people now have had that problem. It only seems to happen in Seville. Maybe the game engine has a bug in it when a city runs with full comps all the time like that and how it manages boot priority. Did you send a ticket to GM for help?
    IGN: Samantha99
  • Live4uwoLive4uwo Posts: 30Member Beginner
    Did ticket to PP support only, not to any GM...yet. But if it seems our company isn't the only one that deal with "sudden disappearance' issue it is on PP to solve that bug. And to place all items in company storage, grant access to built colony and finally to sign company back to Seville company office with all members also.

This is PP support answer:"A Company may be disbanded when:
    - The town where your Company is located has more than 80% of slots being filled.
    - A week has passed since the foundation of your Company.
    - Your Company has less than 5 characters, that are linked to 5 separate Papaya accounts.
    Unfortunately once a company is removed, it has been removed from the game and cannot be recovered.''

And our company definitely not link to any of these lines as well. So...
    sounds like the first one is. Seville id well over 80% full.
    Could it be but I cannot believe that was a reason. Today I count 80+ companies that has zero-0-nada contribution and they still exists and most of them even has no colony. So in that case I am wondering why our active and contributed and colonized company vanished from Seville. And don't tell me its all about those 80% comp full is the reason. For now I can only speculate on that "WTB Seville company" advertise on trade chat...advertise disappear and our company vanished that time as well...friendly connections with gm's-pp??? Because of unusual or inappropriate company name that name been taken of Norse dark mythology might not suited for UWO???For now all I can say is we have been robbed by "strange forces" of uwo and until we won't get fully explanation why our active company suddenly vanished I will not change statement that we have been robbed.
    That is really weird especially the timing of someone selling a company. I thought only a director could do that. Are you the director or is someone else? If someone else, what did they say when you asked them? Ive never made a company in game before but i have been deputy.

Since other people have made posts about similar issues, it seems the problem only happens in Seville. Maybe the key is to make companies in less busy cities to prevent overcrowding but who knows. Sorry for your loss, i know they take alot of work :/
  • FerrolioFerrolio Posts: 68Member Beginner
    I think I spoke to you in game already and I really feel for ya.

I'll ask again though -- How many members(on unique accounts) did you have total? Because it's possible some got auto-booted due to inactivity and that then put you under the threshold of required members/accounts to maintain a company.

This is something that's happened before and you guessed it -- in Seville. Likely due to competition and the game mechanics. It's highly unlikely that is a bug, or due to sinister actions/voodoo of other players.

I know it sucks to hear but I don't think they can do anything to help you get your company back :/

Maybe it is best to re-found it in another city this time and keep on top of no.of members and their last login date. I wish you well and if I can help somehow -- you're welcome to message me in game. Good luck.

Im not sure if we speak ingame but anyway. It its, or it was momentarily, six to seven accounts linked to company. Four to five characters, not alt's, are logged to game every day but other accounts access game at least each weekend and me as a director I was logged in every 14 days since health issues. However it is very unlikely and unusual what happened with company which was active and not been made just to store alts in there; as many such exists in Sev. And something is sure as a bright day: for sure we will not do or register any company anymore because this lesson was very painful not just in loosing precious items but its more about it was a lost time building and raising a fully developed colony. Yesterday on beer-evening meeting everyone admit if fresh company would be raised in NL area none will even think about to cooperate and use "that time" on colony quests or to put any uwc item to comp storage But everyone admit as one that if company would be raised again it will be filled with ruthless lawless's with zero tolerance; will be known after next beer-evening since people are wondering what happened with piracy lately. And after all this was a great and last lesson we learnt for our uwo  future.
    Fair and safe seas