Blue flags and pirates

sareenwaterssareenwaters Posts: 32Member Beginner
With the recent changes to blue flags, which makes them worthless for the reasons that I use them, it occurred to me why not put the burden of PVP on the few players that enjoy PVP.  Make them get a flag to engage, then all others are off limit.
Twitchalot

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    what recent changes to blue flags???
    IGN: Samantha99
  • crazyhunter2003crazyhunter2003 Posts: 763Member Intermediate
    recently a new blue flag was added.it prevents pvp while still allowing battle vs npcs.great for doing battle reports in hostile waters 

while they added this new type of blue flag,keep in mind when buying there is still the old type flag which blocks all battle

be watchful when buying 
    purplepirate
    IGN:JackO'Neil
    oh wow, that's neat. I never buy them so I didn't notice xD I think it's a good idea though, it'll help low lvl people trying to catch up a chance to build. I wonder how it works in a fleet though? If 2 of 5 in a fleet are using those, how would the other ships be able to be attacked? or attack other people themselves? thx for info!
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    They should create 7 and 30 day versions of both types of blue flags, they'd sell super fast.
    Perryor
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
    30 days is to excessive. Since blue flags stop all sea combat it would prevent being able to complete important quests even if you wanted to do them.
    And to those players who play to adventure and have a high enough battle level to sail the adventure-type ship we use who care nothing for ESF or any battle related things and to whom 'important quests' usually have an Unlock rank of 11 or 13 that means what? Nothing. Especially with the lockdown on atm. I think 7, 15 & 30 day ones would make the hosts a ton of $$, especially if they have an introduction event and a few giveaways from them of the flags. Maybe even have a new player event tied to it A non-transferable 7 day one when they start school and add a 7 day one for finishing all 3 levels of each school and a 15 day one for finishing all 3 schools(all non-transferable). The things would sell like Honey Panckakes cakes after that.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

• PerryorPerryor Posts: 1Member Beginner
    Maybe if you can switch on/off every time you want, long term blue flags would be excellent. A cheaper and shorter version like an 1 hour or 30 min blue flag would be perfect. Use it when you need it.
    @Perryor not sure what you mean by 'switch on/off every time you want', but there's a reason why you can't manually control them like that. It would be exploited by players where they can continually have the blue flag protection turn it off to pirate a defenceless player and then immediately turn it back on so they couldn't be attacked back, pirates would be untouchable. This game would collapse almost instantly of players quitting because of that. Don't forget most people play this game for free and can't or don't buy uwc items so there would be no chance for any new player to play. Also papaya would loose money because you could make 1 24h blue flag last months if you used it right and wouldn't need to buy anything else. Worst idea evAr...

A cheaper and shorter version like an 1 hour or 30 min blue flag would be perfect

They have those in the game already, they're called 'fragments' of the no war pact books. You get these in game as rewards for completing various tasks like Challenge Missions and quests. They come in both 1hour and 30min versions.
    Twitchalot
    I'd be happy with "only burns the candle when I'm logged in" blue flags, but that's not likely, and yah, what the platypus suggested is nuts, it would kill the game very quickly. By your lack of comment, do I assume in a "no news is good news" sort of way you wouldn't be opposed to 7, 15 and 30 day blue flags? As a pure adventurer I'd get them, and I'm sure they'd be a cash cow for PapayaPlay.

I've never played as a pirate, I'm a blue player not red so it wouldn't matter to me or affect me in any way. I've never used a blue flag myself and no pirate player would use a long term blue flag unless they were trying to loose noto and turn white. However... a 30 day blue flag would cost quite abit. 30 24h no war pacts cost 3600 uwc, that's like $50 per month so a 30 day one would be still pretty close to that and would end up costing atleast 7b in game to buy, no new or casual player has that kind of money in game to spend each month. Also there are times that you won't need to use the blue flag protection because you are building stuff in safe waters so i think the current 24h one's are good enough, i would even stretch that to agreeing to a 7 day one but not a 30day one.
    15 day ones would be great, either that or a bigger discount than 10% on 10 packs of 1 day ones.