Coronavirus and UWO Players

CrzyPsycoChickCrzyPsycoChick Posts: 667Member Intermediate
Hi UWO universe

I havent logged in yet but I'm sure UWO is buzzing with new activity since we are locked in our homes due to the horrible COVID-19 virus.  With that said just want to say a few things and give a few suggestions.

1. Players who will be playing DO NOT forget to clean your keyboard and screen with bleach wipes the virus can live on surfaces for days.
2. If you go outside or touch anything outside bags at the grocery store, elevator buttons, door handles or even money WASH YOUR HANDS sing happy birthday twice while you wash them and use SOAP. Soap kills the virus by removing the fat around it.
3.  If you feel sick QUARANTINE yourself only go to the ER if you have severe symptoms as ventilators are limited.
4.  Young people can perish from it too and the elderly are most at risk so don't take this for a joke we're dropping like flies here in New York City
5.  Wear gloves and mask if you go outside and disrobe at your door

For Papaya Play I asked this at OGP and didnt get answer maybe you can give one...

Is it possible to set up a charity promotion like every dollar you earn you will give 10 cents to COVID-19 patients or even use it buy protective masks and gloves and send them to hospitals?
We're running out of supplies right now at NYC hospitals the medical staff here are forced to use trash bags and bandannas as protective gear its sad...

Be Safe Be Smart players and take it seriously much of UWO are elderly players and we dont want lose them. How is it going in your country or states I'd love to hear. Take care
Hawthornefalleider

Comments

• Poopiepants1Poopiepants1 Posts: 62Member Beginner
    Tim Hortons is closed so there is no point in me going out now.... Dammit I miss my timbits!
  • CocoaPuffBunnyCocoaPuffBunny Posts: 82Member Beginner
    Hello CPC and everyone.  I am scared.  I am especially
    scared for you, CPC.   I pray for everyone;  I pray that
    they survive this.  I pray that when this is over (and
    it may never be over), that you and Roman find a way to leave NYC forever.  Leaving Philly was the best decision I ever made.  Even though I lived in a good
    neighbrhood (Mount Airy), I hated the row homes and the crowded narrow streets.  I hated the busses, subways, and even the commuter rail line 2 blocks down the street.  The best way to get aound was by bicycle, and I was a bicycle messenger in Center City Philly.  I rode 15 miles to work, right down Broad Street.  Sometimes I'd take The East or West River drive home.  There is a reason my neighborhood was called Mt. Airy;  it was all uphill (some steep) back home.  Good thing I had a good Granny Gear on my bicycle.  Later on, I was recruited by a legal printer, and became a legal courier.  I worked in the Suburban Station Building, and caught the 5 AM Amtrak Train to Wash. DC, NYC, or Boston, to make filings at the Securities & Exchange.  I would bring a time stamped copy back,  before the Computer Age.  So I know all about NYC.  I do not know how anyone can breathe and live crowded together like that.  For Roman's sake, you need to move somewhere to the boondocks;  The Mid-South is good.  I am 30 miles from Memphis.  I have real grass and trees.  (an acres worth).  I can jack my music up at 3 AM and no one will hear it.  Our roads are curvy and smooth as silk.  Cars last 200K+ miles because of no potholes and no stop and go.  Had a 5-speed Dakota Pickup, had 240K miles:  same clutch and brakes, before my feet got bad, and I had to get an automatic transmission truck.  A New York Dollar turns into 2 or 3 dollars down here.  There is room to breathe.  I am making it ok down here, but cannot find any masks (especially N95) or gloves, in stores or online.  My husband has been waiting for a Power Wheelchair that elevates, tilts back and forward, reclines flat, and lifts his legs, but now with COVID19, that is on the back burner.  I am glad that my husband and I are disabled/retired, and we continue to get a check.  It is terrible, worse than The Great Depression.  The Men are not doing well:  Bro in Law next door is a heart transplant recipient (doing real good), next house down is Mom in law, she's 88, Bro-in-law that stays there is paralyzed from from a crushed disk in his back. I have a 92 year old Aunt, and cousins in Jersey City, and several cousins in Brooklyn I am worried about.  I will return to UWO maybe after this ridiculous Grilled Impossible Fish deliveries change; never will learn the Aide Fleet way, and tired of seeing Red Glow 80/80/80's running amuck.  Take care, love you, and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.
  • VeclordVeclord Posts: 99Member Beginner
    She's not wrong. I go days with no UWO because I'm one of the trucks transporting emergency supplies to Jersey and NYC. Once I've made it to the Jersey turnpike it damn near turns into a ghost town. A sharp contrast to the droves of cars STACKED on the GW bridge when I was trying to get into Brooklyn.

Everyone here's got masks and gloves and a look of perpetual fear that is sustained through my trips up here. Refrigerated trucks rowed up next to each other outside the hospitals downtown (and I won't even go into why that's there). Empty streets and sirens are all that's heard. It's a nightmare the likes of which I can't compare.

Having said all that I still do have a love for Philly and NYC. I admire the strength and determination of the people who have what it takes to sustain a decent life in a busy sophisticated city. When I was single you wouldn't have been able to keep me out of places like this. But when it comes to trying to raise a family...consider heading south. You'd be surprised how far they've come in terms of tech and quality of life in general. Consider even heading west toward Pennsylvania right next door. Plenty of jobs, plenty of people and plenty of SPACE to grow your own family and livelihood. In the end those are the things that matter anyway. Those little towns and villages out in the mountains have come a long way and once you've actually been there and seen the beauty of the open country it will never leave your mind.

My heart goes out to you all. Though it won't be without a cost, always remember when it's all said and done we will pull through. Because that's what we do.
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    Not to be disrespectful or anything m'dear but great advice except for the bleach unless it's al you have to disinfect with. Hospitals never use it for one reason: The fumes are chlorine gas, which was used to kill people in WWI, and even the fumes from the diluted form used for laundry today weakens your immune system, and if you accidentally get anything caustic or acid in it the fumes(hydrogen chloride gas) can kill you on the spot  I hope you and yours are OK during this time. I'm guessing you've had the bambino by now, which is why I spoke about bleach. I use varying concentrations of hydrogen peroxide to disinfect with that I dilute with filtered water from food grade stock which is 24% concentration and available by the gallon. 10-1 for toothpaste/mouthwash and mixed with 1 tsp vinegar for light spray disinfect/deodorize around the house, 5-1 for shower/bath disinfect and mixed with 1 tsp vinegar for litter box spray and glass cleaner, 1 capfull of pure 24% in laundry with 1 capfull of vinegar. If you're wondering about the vinegar, I use it because it's a smell the human body can produce from not washing, meaning your mind blocks it quickly, along with all the other smells vinegar overpowers. I used to use it to cover cannabis smell. Anyway, glad to see a posting from you, and that you're rallying the host to contribute towards helping with the pandemic. Of course, since I'm 58 now and have Parkinson's Disease I'm more susceptible to both getting it and dying from it, but hey, I've had a great life, I'm mostly worried about my mom and aunt in their late 70s and my 15 year old niece. Anyways kiddo, hope to see you on the high seas soon, either here(I drop in from time to time) or in Uncharted Waters: Origins

Ciao!
    CullumStraun
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do
  • purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    Hope you are all staying safe during these bad times <3
    IGN: Samantha99
  • falleiderfalleider Posts: 14Member Beginner
    Thank you for posting those suggestions 
    CrzyPsycoChick.

The virus is everywhere now and it is really very alarming. So let's take extra precautions. Eat healthy, exercise even at home to boost our immune system. There is no cure for this virus so we need to be healthy to be able to fight and win over that virus.
    CrzyPsycoChick.

The virus is everywhere now. We need to take extra precautions. There is no cure but there is a big chance we can win over this bad thing if we have a strong immune system. Take vitamins, eat healthy, exercise and get enough sleep. And do not underestimate the power of prayers too. 
  • sourstartsourstart Posts: 13Member Beginner
    Corona virus has stopped the function of many industry, I do hope this too shall pass. 
  • CrzyPsycoChickCrzyPsycoChick Posts: 667Member Intermediate
    Sorry, it took so long to respond been working and quarantining. Had a few deaths of family friends and some family members that caught Corona.

I don't really go out I don't take my son out...kind of depressed about it all I often wonder if we're going to get through this as a species.  Like we have been locked down for about 2 months and the curve is not even flattening like what will it take?  Sigh

Streets are empty everyone is afraid to talk with one another we got masks its crazy.  At Elmhurst hospital In Queens NY they had bodies stacked up in refrigerated trucks smh.

I just hope we can overcome this I don't want my son to live in a Mad Max dystopian future ravaged by this virus...

Sorry for being so negative and thank you for everyone checking in here I'm glad you're all ok and healthy.  God Bless and good luck
  • laffielaffie Posts: 1Member Beginner
    ALWAYS REMEMEBER TO WEAR A Virus protected mask with 3 ply.  STAY HOME . WASH YOUR HANDS. CLEAN YOUR STUFF WHEN GO OUTSIDE. DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE, PRACTISE SOCIAL DISTIANCE!

LET FIGHT THIS CCP VIRUS.
    STAY SAFE!
    and PLAY UWO
  • laffielaffie Posts: 1Member Beginner
    ALWAYS REMEMEBER TO WEAR A Virus protected mask with 3 ply.  STAY HOME . WASH YOUR HANDS. CLEAN YOUR STUFF WHEN GO OUTSIDE. DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE, PRACTISE SOCIAL DISTIANCE!

LET FIGHT THIS CCP VIRUS.
    STAY SAFE!
    and PLAY UWO
    CrzyPsycoChick.

The virus is everywhere now. We need to take extra precautions. There is no cure but there is a big chance we can win over this bad thing if we have a strong immune system. Take vitamins, eat healthy, exercise and get enough sleep. And do not underestimate the power of prayers too. 

I agree that Soap kills the virus by removing the fat around it. 
    CrzyPsycoChick
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    Yep, it be cray cray out there atm with the pandemic and all kiddo. Hope you 'n the bambino be OK. Take care!
    CrzyPsycoChick
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do