A few questions from a newby; help is appreciated :)

AlyngwenAlyngwen Posts: 0Member Beginner
Hi everyone,

I've been playing this game for a little while now (loving it) but to be honest there're still a lot of things I don't know so I was hoping I could maybe get some (easy) answers here.

First of all: I invested in a few cities (because I could) but I have no idea what the advantage is of having invested in a city.
Nor can I remember which cities I invested in (forgot to write that down); is there any way I can see where I invested?

And second: I see lots of people running around with 3 characters (I'm guessing main character being followed by 2 NPCs?). So I thought that was maybe the "aide", but I got one and there's no one following me in the city or anything. 
Is it not the aide? Or did I miss some sort of "deploy" option?

Thanks in advance :) much appreciated.
Alyngwen

Comments

• purplepiratepurplepirate Posts: 994Member Intermediate
    Hi, welcome to UWO. To answer your questions, the first you'll find at each city where you invest. Theres a second button beside the invest button which will show you your total investment in that city.

Second, the toons you see following other characters are other accounts in the same fleet either controlled by one person or other people. Maris allows you to use up to 3 accounts logged from the same IP.
    IGN: Samantha99
  • HawthorneHawthorne Posts: 71Member Beginner
    Bear in mind too that once you start charting the seas, you can view ports in any seas you've charted from the Map menu and see how much money you've invested in them.  This is also a good way to tell if you've invested enough to gain full access to a port's items, trade goods, and ships.
  • TwitchalotTwitchalot Posts: 263Member Intermediate
    Investment in a city gets you more items to buy at the market, better haggling and lower prices at the market, especially if you convert the city to your nationality, as well trade fame. As for 3 toons, that's the most you can run from one router. Some players run 3 toons with 2 desktops, running two toons through 1 desktop and one toon through the second desktop, all on one 'puter. However, I'd recommend getting your sea legs with one toon, then multi-toon later. However, do create a second account and at least one storage toon with it, it doesn't have to sail and frees up our characters inventory without having to sell stuff you'd rather not sell or toss.
    IGN: Henrique_dePortugal, formerly CullumStraun - aka O Tigro Branco(The White Tiger)
    - Director of new_world_company
    Alt: Christopher_de_Haro, formerly William_Adams - temporary Deputy Director of new_world_company

Pay It Forward - It's what we do